[Newbie] My first character

Andrea

Hi,

it's the boring newbie again...

I'm creating a character for one of my players ( lazy guys) and since it's the first time I'd like to have some check from the wise elders of the site.

The concept is a sort of Glue Master ( a gagdgeteer I think) that can use is powersuit to shoot off some power attack.

Ah.. the campaign is based on average-low powered super heroes.

STR 16

DEX 18

CON 15

BODY 17

INT 22

EGO 16

PRE 15

COM 16

Cost: 80

3 Acrobatics

3 Criminology

3 Defense maneuver ( no behind)

5 Inventor

3 Paramedic

3 Cybernetics

3 Combat skill level (+1DCV e +1OCV)

2 KS: Sweepoos Industries

2 KS: Law

3 Teamwork

3 Tracking

5 Mechanics

5 Skill Levels ( Cyber-Mechanical skills)

Cost: 48

Powers:

Glue Ray: Entanglement 3d6, Area of Effect: Cone (1) , Selective (1/4) Inaccessible Inobvious Focus (-1/4), Durable

54 Points

Glue Glove: Clinging, +6 STR of the Character, Inaccessible Inobvious Focus (-1/4) (they are linked to the armor), Durable

Cost 10

Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: Energy Blast 4d6, 20'' range, Selective (+1/4), Inaccessible Inobvious Focus (-1/4), Durable

Cost: 36

Total 237

I'm not sure of the Focus definition ( the weapons are part of the suit so the should be inaccessible but I don't know if I'm interpreting rightly the rule)

As you may noticed I did not use disadvantages...they remember to much of a trick to get powerful character ( like talents and Flaws in Rolemaster...). I should give them a try ???

Nevertheless any suggestion/ correction is really welcomed.

I appreciate you help

Andrea

Re: [Newbie] My first character

A Battlesuit is ususally an OIF or Only in Hero ID limitation on the powers.

I'm not sure about your campaign but you might want to get her some armor or defense with her suit.

Are you familiar with power frameworks? You could possibly put the attacks in a multipower.

In many campaigns 4d6 Damage isn't going to hurt many people very much. It doesn't have to be Selective unless the attack is Area of Effect.

I would reccomend disadvantages. They help round out the characters and give you more points which will help you complete your concept.

You might want to post this character on Champions forum for more tips.

and welcome to the game! :)

I don't see any figured stats, so I hope you didn't take them at base level (especially SPD, PD and ED). There's no Armor for your powered armor, so no resistant defenses. Ouch. There's also no mode of travel which isn't crucial, but darned useful (you could try swinging defined as a projected strand of glue). It's hard to judge this character for all the info that's missing. Is this for a super-heroic game? Is it of a particular period? Right now, I'd say if you added some kind of bullet-proof vest, you'd have a great pulp-era or Golden Age character (except for all the references to cybernetics).

If the glue blobs or whatever come from the same source (Gun, Glove, Port, whatever) You can put them into a Multipower.

Inobvious Inaccesible means you don't know where it is coming from and you can't get to it without knocking the character out. Since the powers obviously come from a gun thingie, they should be OIF, not IIF.

Yes, you should use Disads. They are a way to credit characters for having inherent weaknesses and depth. Put a small cap on it if you're not sure about it (50-100 pts). I honestly have trouble thinking of more than 100 pts worth in Disads.

Hello again "boring newbie" :D

STR 16

DEX 18

CON 15

BODY 17

INT 22

EGO 16

PRE 15

COM 16

Cost: 80

While I won't drone on about min-maxing Characteristics, it should be mentioned that you're missing six of them: PD, ED, SPD, REC, END & STUN. Yes, they are all figured from the primaries, but you can, and probably should, increase some of them. It's typically a good bet that you need not increase REC, END & STUN, but PD, ED & SPD are almost always raised a bit. You did mention an average-low type campaign, but you should at least raise SPD up to the next highest point (in this case, 3) if not one more (4).

3 Acrobatics

3 Criminology

5 Inventor

3 Paramedic

3 Cybernetics

3 Teamwork

3 Tracking

5 Mechanics

Looks like a good spread of Skills. Should probably state what the CSL is for though.

Powers:

Glue Ray: Entanglement 3d6, Area of Effect: Cone (1) , Selective (1/4) Inaccessible Inobvious Focus (-1/4), Durable

54 Points

Glue Glove: Clinging, +6 STR of the Character, Inaccessible Inobvious Focus (-1/4) (they are linked to the armor), Durable

Cost 10

Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: Energy Blast 4d6, 20'' range, Selective (+1/4), Inaccessible Inobvious Focus (-1/4), Durable

Total 237

All looks good. Not sure about the damage of the EB. You did say average-low so for all I know it's perfect for your game. I do notice you've put Selective on it, which makes me wonder if you've missed putting Area of Effect on it as well. I checked the Active Cost (based on the total cost listed) and there is a +1 Advantage unaccounted for, so I guess that's it.

About the only things missing are Defenses and a Movement Power. Movement isn't necessary, but highly useful. A defense is necessary though, and seeing how you've got a suit of "armor" it makes sense that this character should have some.

Of course, there are those pesky Disadvantages to think of as well...

I'm not sure of the Focus definition ( the weapons are part of the suit so the should be inaccessible but I don't know if I'm interpreting rightly the rule)

Yeah, about that Focus... IIF is unusual for a gadget type character. Basically, IIF would give him a gadget that doesn't look like a gadget or is so well hidden it would take a careful search to find it even while he's using it (the inobvious part). It also makes it difficult to take away and disable (the inaccible part). Most gadgets are Obvious, meaning that their presence and function are apparent to anyone who looks at it (even when not being used), though an unusual gadget's use might not be obvious to anyone unfamiliar with the technology or make of it (though most weapons are still seen as such, even if their effect is unknown).

I hoped that helped, and keep up those creative juices! :)

You have been all very kind and you really helped me to understand some "best practices" that I've still to master completely.

Thanks expecially to Dust Raven for the detailed analysis...

I'm quite satisfied that I did not make any big mistakes ( a part the IIF that should be OIF) but i completely forgot about defense :whistle:

I'll post the new version of the character this evening ( Greenwich +1 time) so you could see if I've learnt the lesson.

Thank for your patience and time.

Andrea

As a GM, I would reccomend throwing at least a few disadvantages on there. Psych lims, Hunteds, and the like. Disads give the character more points, but they also give the GM material to work with in game.

Does the character have any Psychological Limitations? Give him a moral dilemma, or play on his fears/desires.

Does the character have a Hunted? It doesn't even need to be the specific hunted, it could be somebody he sent, or just an appearance by that individual to see what happens. If it's an organization, even better. Now you have agents.

What about Dependent NPCs? I loooove DNPCs. I find it really adds to the game when your heroes are whalloping some villain, and suddenly a scream is heard, as a piece of rubble breaks off of a damaged building and falls toward a character's girlfriend. You'd be amazed by how creative people can get with their powers when a DNPC is on the line.

Ok here's the character fixed up with some of the suggestions I received:

CHARACTERISTIC

STR 16

DEX 18

CON 15

BODY 17

INT 21

EGO 16

PRE 15

COM 16

PD 6

ED 6

SPD 3

REC 3

END 34

STUN 35

Cost: 97

SKILLS

3 Acrobatics

3 Criminology

5 Inventor

3 Paramedic

3 Cybernetics

3 Teamwork

3 Tracking

5 Mechanics

POWERS

54 Points

Glue Glove: Clinging, +6 STR of the Character, Inaccessible Obvious Focus (-1/4) (they are linked to the armor), Durable

Cost 10

Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: Energy Blast 4d6, 20'' range, Area of Effect: Cone (1), Selective (+1/4), Inaccessible Obvious Focus (-1/4), Durable

Solid Glue Armor Damage Resistance, 8PD/6ED, Inaccessible Obvious Focus (-1/4),

Cost: 17

Total 264

DISADVANTAGES

Code vs. killing -10

Secret Identity -15

TOTAL: 239

Is it better ?? at least can be used for a game session or two ??

Just a couple of minor points. You might want to revisit the Rec value, as it doesn't appear that you bought back any Figured Characteristics; I'm pretty sure it should be 7. Also, I believe Obvious Inaccessible Focus (IOF) is a -1/2 Limitation, instead of the -1/4 that an IIF is.

You might think about whether Selective really makes sense for those conical Area of Effect attacks. There is nothing to keep you from doing it, but how do you justify it in terms of Special Effects? This deserves some consideration, I think. You might get some feedback from the player about whether (s)he'd like this modifier on the powers, too.

Ok here's the character fixed up with some of the suggestions I received:

CHARACTERISTIC

STR 16

DEX 18

CON 15

BODY 17

INT 21

EGO 16

PRE 15

COM 16

PD 6

ED 6

SPD 3

REC 3

END 34

STUN 35

Cost: 97

SKILLS

3 Acrobatics

3 Criminology

5 Inventor

3 Paramedic

3 Cybernetics

3 Teamwork

3 Tracking

5 Mechanics

POWERS

54 Points

Glue Glove: Clinging, +6 STR of the Character, Inaccessible Obvious Focus (-1/4) (they are linked to the armor), Durable

Cost 10

Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: Energy Blast 4d6, 20'' range, Area of Effect: Cone (1), Selective (+1/4), Inaccessible Obvious Focus (-1/4), Durable

Solid Glue Armor Damage Resistance, 8PD/6ED, Inaccessible Obvious Focus (-1/4),

Cost: 17

Total 264

DISADVANTAGES

Code vs. killing -10

Secret Identity -15

TOTAL: 239

Is it better ?? at least can be used for a game session or two ??

Yick. Sorry but this needs lots of work. What is the character concept, by the way? Brick? Ranged blasting? Did you or the player work this out?

Regardless I see some big problems. PD and ED is WAY TO LOW for a super. It's barely at an agent's level. Increase both to 15 to 25 each, depending on how tough he is supposed to be. Acrobatics is a good start but won't keep you out of trouble enough. CON and DEX are both very low for a super, CON should be 23 min and same with DEX, CON might be as high as 38 for someone really tough. 28 is a good CON for someone wearing a tough old armoured suit. Your SPD is too low for a super. Unless he is a slow brick (SPD 4), make his SPD 5, a good average number for a super.

Other than that, the rest of the characteristics need a little work. Most people make primary chracteristics end in 3 or 8, which gets you the benefit of round off in the figured characteristics. STR usually ends in 0 or 5 so you don't have to worry about rolling half dice for damage--a convenience for the player. Your BOD, INT, COM and EGO seem a bit too high.

Oh and put his darn glue powers in a multipower already. ;)

Thanks for all your tips and suggestion, I have still some remarks then I'll promise that I'll be quiet for a whilw

On gojira's Comments

PD and ED is WAY TO LOW for a super

Mmmh... my campaign is a low powered (more of a Pulp hero) so I kept PD/ ED low, moreover the character has the Armor, should not this kind of defense strenghten his defense enough ? Or I'm misinterpreting the rule ?

CON should be 23 min

But Nighthawk ( I think is a Major leaguer) has 20 and seems like a pretty powerful character...Is 18 CON such a major hindrance ? ( I can't afford to pay more)

I've got the feeling ( no offense intended) that gojira is a master in the art of MIN/MAX or am I wrong ?? :)

On prestidigitator's Comments

You are perfectly right I intended selective because I imagined both the pellets and the ray like a rain of mini darts that can be in some way directed to avoid friend in the cone... Do you think that the concept hold or should I erase the selective....

Thanks to everyone

What you have is a highly trained normal with a glue gun. If that is what you want then you are doing fine.

I think that you need to tell us some more about the campaign before we can really comment on power levels. You say he is meant to be Pulp level and I think what you have is in that basic range but you could still use some more disadvantages, to give the GM something to work with if nothing else.

Does he have any enemies?

What drives him to risk his life to help others?

Does he have any family or friends that are always in trouble?

etc.

Yick. Sorry but this needs lots of work. What is the character concept' date=' by the way? Brick? Ranged blasting? Did you or the player work this out?[/quote']

Why does every character have to fit some tight pigeon-holed 'concept'? The whole point of HERO is it's absolutely freeform. Why do you want to then go and impose rigid class-like concepts over the top.

I also think that your following comments about characteristic levels are making a lot of assumptions about the style of game, the power level and the genre. You dont explain why PD and ED should be higher, why CON and DEX are too low or why SPD 5 is the average. Help the newbie out a bit, eh?!

Other than that, the rest of the characteristics need a little work. Most people make primary chracteristics end in 3 or 8, which gets you the benefit of round off in the figured characteristics.

And I hate this approach, and next time I GM HERO I'm doing 2 things; firstly, everything rounds fully down, so no freebie points for anyone; secondly, anyone who arbitrarily ends characteristics in 3s and 8s is going to be docked 5 points each time they do it. As the song goes, "You say efficient characteristic purchasing, I say minmaxing, let's call the whole thing off" ;)

Oh and put his darn glue powers in a multipower already. ;)

I concur with this one! Multipowers are quite a tough concept to get a hold of. Andrea, I suggest you go back and read about multipowers again and see if you can 'get it'. Basically, multipower is where several abilities are provided from the same source. So a gun with different types of ammo or a suit of armour that can fire either solid glue (EB) or liquid glue (Entangle) but not both at the same time.

It's worth noting that you may want to keep the powers out of a multipower. If you do, you are allowed to fire all of them at the same time. Very powerful, but it will drain your endurance very quickly as well!

You are perfectly right I intended selective because I imagined both the pellets and the ray like a rain of mini darts that can be in some way directed to avoid friend in the cone... Do you think that the concept hold or should I erase the selective....

Well, my thoughts are firstly that you might not want 2 AoE attacks. It means you've got 2 weaker attacks that can affect everyone. You might be better off with 1 weaker but AoE attack, and one stronger attack that can only target a single person. That way, you'll be useful fighting a bunch of goons as well as fighting the big bad boss at the end of the adventure.

Secondly, from how you describe it, you may just want to consider Autofire instead of AoE. Either is equally valid, of course, so go with what you prefer.

Disadvantages: I'm a big advocate of not having too many, as this is (as you say) classic Knight's of the Dinner Table style points maximising. However, I do recommend you pick up something like a Hunted, Watched or Dependent NPC, as these provide the GM with good story hooks at a later date.

Skills: Just wondering about Defence Maneuver. Is this a feature of your character as a trained fighter? Or is it a feature of the armour? If it's the armour, you may be able to put it in as part of the OIF package, and save a point.

Armour: From how you've described the power level, total defences of PD14, ED12 may be enough. However, your characters main attacks have been built on 50+ points: this is the equivalent of a straight 10d6 attack. If this is the level your opponents are going to be then the average damage you will take is 35 STUN, minus 14PD = 21 STUN. Against your CON of 15, you will be Stunned, and only have 14 STUN left. Two shots and you're out. Double check with your GM / Referee what the power level will be, but you should at least build your defences up so that the average hit wont leave you Stunned.

Endurance: Getting a bit complicated now, but at the moment your Glue attacks are powered from your own Endurance. This represents a superhero or a wizard who is using their own internal energy to create powerful effects. If it comes from a gun, you should probably change this one of three ways: buy an Endurance Battery (goes very well with the introduction of a Multipower, if that's the direction you choose to take); buy Charges (representing a gun with a limited number of shots); reduce it to 0 END cost (representing a gun that can, to all intents and purposes, fire forever without running out of ammo).

Example

POWERS:

17 - Solid Glue Armor: Armor 8PD/6ED, OIF (-1/2). Cost: 17

10 - Glue Glove: Clinging, STR+6, Durable OIF (-1/2). Cost: 10

45 - Glue Glove Multipower (67 Active Points): OIF (-1/2).

- 4u - Glue Ray: Entangle 3d6, AoE Cone (+1), Selective (+1/4), OIF (-1/2). Range 335" Active: 67. Real: 45

- 9m - Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: EB 6d6, AoE Cone (+1), Selective (+1/4), OIF (-1/2) Active: 67. Real: 45

- 3u - Sticky Eyelids: Flash 10d6, OIF (-1/2), Doesnt work vs. Desolid (-1/4) Active: 50. Real: 29

19 - Glue Tank: Endurance Reserve (for Glue Glove Multipower) 200 Endurance; 10 REC, Only Recovers when glue fuel added (-2), IIF (-1/4) Cost: 19 (16 END, 3 REC)

Total Powers: 107 pts

This is the same cost as before, but you've gained a more powerful EB, a new Flash attack, and an Endurance battery to power it all. Hope that's been useful, although someone will soon identify a problem in my construction because I am a little 'rusty'!

Example

POWERS:

17 - Solid Glue Armor: Armor 8PD/6ED, OIF (-1/2). Cost: 17

10 - Glue Glove: Clinging, STR+6, Durable OIF (-1/2). Cost: 10

45 - Glue Glove Multipower (67 Active Points): OIF (-1/2).

- 4u - Glue Ray: Entangle 3d6, AoE Cone (+1), Selective (+1/4), OIF (-1/2). Range 335" Active: 67. Real: 45

- 9m - Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: EB 6d6, AoE Cone (+1), Selective (+1/4), OIF (-1/2) Active: 67. Real: 45

- 3u - Sticky Eyelids: Flash 10d6, OIF (-1/2), Doesnt work vs. Desolid (-1/4) Active: 50. Real: 29

19 - Glue Tank: Endurance Reserve (for Glue Glove Multipower) 200 Endurance; 10 REC, Only Recovers when glue fuel added (-2), IIF (-1/4) Cost: 19 (16 END, 3 REC)

Total Powers: 107 pts

Minor details here, but I thought I would chime in. You dissertation was quite good, however, and rep will be coming your way. ;)

5 Glue Glove: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF (Glue Gloves; -1/2) 1
9 Glue Armor: Armor (8 PD/6 ED) (21 Active Points); OIF (Glue Gloves/Armor; -1/2), Ablative BODY Only (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 2
50 Glue Gloves: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF (Glue Gloves; -1/2)

4u 1) Rain of Solid Glue Pellets: EB 6d6, Area Of Effect (13" Cone; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 7
5u 2) Big Glue Ball: EB 8d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2) (70 Active Points) 3
3u 3) Sticky Eyelids: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect (13" Cone; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Not vs Desolid Targets (-1/4) 7
4u 4) Glue Ray: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Area Of Effect (13" Cone; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 7

Ok, first off, I made the Glue Gloves cost END (pulling from the END Reserve). Based on the SFX, this just made sense to me.

If this is a new, highly experimental device, I might add an activation (or better yet, jam) to the multipower... would make sense, again, based on the SFX. Of course the cost to this, if it jams, the character has little to do the rest of the combat (without an additional sidearm?)

For all of the AE Cone slots, I made them no range, but doubled their size. The no range, to me, makes far more sense with a cone than does starting a cone AE away from the character. Another option (which would save some points) would be to make it AE hexes, and just allow him to spray a certain number of contiguous hexes. I have several characters that can do similar things in my game.

I also added the 8d6 1Hex AE Accurate, as I felt "Glue Master" needed to have an attack that was a little more of a "heavy hitter". The accurate allows him to target a single character in a hex. Based on the character, and your descriptions, Andrea, I assumed the average attack was smaller than the normal Champions game, and thus 8d6 should be pretty good. The AE still allows the character to get around a reasonably low CV, and the attack also gives Glue Master an attack with a range of greater than 13".

Finally, the idea came that he (she?) could use the glue gloves to actually create the armor (much like Iceman does with his ice powers). It would cost END to create the armor, and I figured Ablative, as chunks would get shot off as the combat would continue. He could possibly re-establish the armor if it was too broken (would have to read how ablative works, for this).

I guess another question for Andrea would be, what are the campaign limits (if there are any)? I would like to see perhaps a few more disads, which could be spent to increase certain characteristics, or skills, or what have you...

Your going to think me crazy but you want your defences divisible by 5' date=' and preferable the same number. It makes it a lot easier...trust me[/quote']

Ok, I think you are crazy... could you please explain why you want defenses divisible by 5? I have never implented that sort of rule!

Also, while it may make playing the character slightly easier, I don't agree with always keeping defenses balanced. SFX should dictate this, not ease of play.

I am sorry, but I definately disagree!

Your going to think me crazy but you want your defences divisible by 5

Eh?! Why's this? I could understand it if you said have defences as an odd number, so you get an extra point of defence when halving vs. AP attacks (not condoned, but understood) but why divisible by 5?

It was an ease of play for a new player type of comment.

In play it tends to be easier to subtract a number that is divisible by five than a number that is not, it is not a big deal, nor would I like the rules to change that you MUST do it, but I have found that it does speed up the game.

As for the same, while I agree F/X plays a part, again for a new player it is USUALY easier for them to have the same defence

NOTE; These comments were for a new player.

Other than putting the glue attacks into a Multipower (which isn't necessary, but is an accepted practice, especially if you can't use them both at the same time), there are only a few things I can suggest at this point.

One is to allow for a regular attack. As mentioned above, both of this character's attacks are Area Effect, which implies he doesn't any full strength attacks. Since they are both Selective, he's not even more accurate with them, he can just hit more targets. This might be problematic, but without seeing anything else of this campaign it's hard to tell. The the damage seems a little low, consider changing the glue pellets attack into a normal EB (no Area Effect) so he has good, solid attack.

The only other thing has to do with the Code Against Killing Disad. At 10 points it's not much of a hinderance. Most games assume that all characters have something called Reluctance To Kill (common, moderate) worth 10 points, which basically means that killing won't be their first choice to resolve a situation, but will be considered if nothing else works or it it seems the most appropriate (such as in war or a kill or be killed situation). This isn't worth any points to a character though; it's assumed all characters have it. To be worth points, it should be stronger, either common, strong, or common total, worth 15 and 20 respectively. In either case, the character receives the full point value for them, not their value minus 10 because of the Reluctance.

I think it absolutely holds. I just wanted to make sure you were thinking about it. That's the most important thing when building these powers.

Eh?! Why's this? I could understand it if you said have defences as an odd number' date=' so you get an extra point of defence when halving vs. AP attacks (not condoned, but understood) but why divisible by 5?[/quote']

Hmm. I don't even think the odd defense thing would work, Phil. In my mind, at least, it is the other character's AP that is causing the halving, so it would always round down.

By the way, I see a lot of people giving a lot of very specific advice like, "This is too low,'" or, "You do/don't need that," etc. I'd like to say that this was stated to be a new character for a new player. I think that means there should be the expectation that the character will change a bit after it is played. I really hope the GM is the kind that will be flexible in allowing this to happen.

We don't really know what power level this game is, whether the other players are also new, the amount of realism involved, etc. Maybe attacks will tend to be low for the game compared to others of equivalent power. Who knows. Most likely, even with the best, most nitpicky advice we can give, the player will go a game session or two and say, "Wow, I really need something to do this," or, "I really don't need my defenses to be that high," or, "Dang! I need a way bigger attack. Maybe I can do without the Area of Effect."

I think the GM (or maybe even other players if they have played before in the campaign/setting) will be best for giving this kind of detailed advice. I'd like to stress that the most important thing to consider at this stage of character development is that you have a well-formed concept, that you think about why the character has the Powers (s)he does, and why the Advantages and Limitations are there. From what I can tell, these things have been considered for the character--maybe with the exception of Disadvantages--so I'd call it good to go for the first game session, myself.

However, I am glad to hear people giving advice about some aspects of the system that might not be obvious, or that the player might not know about well enough yet. The Multipower and END Reserve suggestions seemed really constructive.

By the way' date=' I see a lot of people giving a lot of very specific advice like, "This is too low,'" or, "You do/don't need that," etc. I'd like to say that this was stated to be a new character for a new player. I think that means there should be the expectation that the character will change a bit after it is played. I really hope the GM is the kind that will be flexible in allowing this to happen.[/quote']

I would like to second this, although I might be a bit guilty of doing it myself. There is no greater judge than the GM and actually playing the character. Without a list of campaign guidelines or a slew of other character for the same campaign none of us have anything to base the balance of the character on.

Which brings up a point... Are you using any kind of character building guidelines, Andrea? Basicaly what I mean is a list of maximum/expected/starting levels of Active Points, Damage Classes, Defenses, Combat Values, etc of any combination? A guideline isn't necessary, but helpful, especially to new GMs and players.