Extra Extra: Is 5ER actually bullet proof

HeroTina

Ever since the release of our tome-like 5th Edition Revised Edition, people have joked about its alleged bullet stopping properties. At conventions, on the web, around family dinner tables, and in the streets of America people have poked fun at the volume’s size, density, and overall gravity. Yet no one has been was willing to sacrifice his or her own beloved copy to answer the pressing question: Can ReFred actually protect you from deadly physical attack? So in the interests of public safety the staff of Hero Games took it upon themselves to uncover the scientific truth behind this controversial urban legend.

High in the desolate mountains of Northern Nevada, surrounded by endless miles of sagebrush and blowing sand, lies the secret isolated facility known as the Hero Games Warehouse. It was in this harsh and uncompromising environment that a variety of secret tests were performed to determine the protective capacities of our product. Although these results were never intended for public consumption, renegade office manager Tina Walters successfully smuggled a rough copy out past the facility’s security, through the magic of 4 wheeled gas powered crafts and cyberspace..

You are about to witness those results

www.herogames.com/5ERballistictest.wmv

Re: Extra Extra: Is 5ER actually bullet proof

You know, of course... that this is just going to attract those destined to argue KE vs. diameter vs. density of shot and try to translate that into "accurate" Hero Stats. :nonp:

RUN FOR COVER NOW!!! :)

Anyway... thanks for the movie. Quite funny.

You know, of course... that this is just going to attract those destined to argue KE vs. diameter vs. density of shot and try to translate that into "accurate" Hero Stats. :nonp:

RUN FOR COVER NOW!!! :)

Wouldn't work. Unlike Soyant Green, FRED isn't people :)

1) Really Cool.

2) Not sure I want to show this to may friends because many of them already want to kill FRED.

3) I took my first FRED and had it wire bound. At least now I can say someone else did something worse to their FRED.

4) I love the fact that at the end of the movie you name all the things that FRED would protect you from. What is even better is that I have one system that can easily make them all up. :)

It was set and clamped, which in turn means that all inertia went into penetration, as opposed to knockback.

A better (and more germaine) test would be to put it loose in a backpack, put that on some d20 player's back and tell them to run.

(I'm not saying you should shoot them, but if they're gamers, they could probably use the exercise.)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:I should have thought of that ;)

It was set and clamped, which in turn means that all inertia went into penetration, as opposed to knockback.

A better (and more germaine) test would be to put it loose in a backpack, put that on some d20 player's back and tell them to run.

(I'm not saying you should shoot them, but if they're gamers, they could probably use the exercise.)

Re: A shot in the Dark....

Tina oh mighty goddess *bows mightly*

can you actually paste some pics of the results since the public computers dont like the video files?

Glibly Skip!

I did... they're at the top of this thread. I'll see if I can post some clips.

When is 5ER Special Edition with the cera-metal cover coming out? :)

Also, does that mean we'll be seeing stats for the rulesbook in 6th edition 'Breaking Things' chapter. I've long thought we should have stats for a phone book in there: it is one of those standard strongman things, tearing one of those suckers in two... :):)