Need a Superhero HQ? - Try this one

GoldenAge

All I did was copy the old X-Men Mansion stuff (from the 80's) into a new format. Take a look!

..... :no: Oops the attachment manager keeps telling me that my PDF "contains no information" which I know to not be true.

Sorry fellas. If you'd like to see a 6 page PDF complete with pics and floor plans PM me and I'll e-mail it to you.

Here's the cover of the HQ book (actual size is 8.5"x11"):

Re: Need a Superhero HQ? - Try this one

The "Viore Mansion binder(small)". Wow! My only complaint was that the Mansion Maps was too small to use as a Battle Map. Other than that the olny suggestions I would make would be to Make a Battle Map Version of the Mansion, the grounds, and an over head map of the local area. (ie; Where bad guys could approach the Mansion to attack it.)

I really enjoyed the Art Work and Layout. The Writing despite your ealier protests in another Thread is excellent and totally suited to what you have created. I envey your gaming group and hope you continue Posting on the Hero Games Discussion Boards.

I have only one wish... just one. Please please please make an editable version available so we can make our games look just as good.

*Sighs*

QM

P.S.: Thanks for the great work.

The reason it's not attaching could be that the file is too large. Each person is only allowed a fixed amount of attachments. I don't remember the amount [1 mb? Less?] but it's probably a good bet with all you have posted to the boards over the last few days that you are close to your limit.

The "Viore Mansion binder(small)". Wow! My only complaint was that the Mansion Maps was too small to use as a Battle Map. Other than that the olny suggestions I would make would be to Make a Battle Map Version of the Mansion, the grounds, and an over head map of the local area. (ie; Where bad guys could approach the Mansion to attack it.)

I really enjoyed the Art Work and Layout. The Writing despite your ealier protests in another Thread is excellent and totally suited to what you have created. I envey your gaming group and hope you continue Posting on the Hero Games Discussion Boards.

I have only one wish... just one. Please please please make an editable version available so we can make our games look just as good.

*Sighs*

QM

P.S.: Thanks for the great work.

Thanks a heap!

I can give you Illustrator filles if you're used to that program. Otherwise I'm affraid there will be no editable versions. Sorry.

As for maps... The mansion is huge so I break it down into room by room maps as necessary.

If you like the little Mansion PDF... check out what I'm sending you as a bonus... NEMESIS SQUADRON! (heh, just because it's fun, not because you'll ever need it.)

The reason it's not attaching could be that the file is too large. Each person is only allowed a fixed amount of attachments. I don't remember the amount [1 mb? Less?] but it's probably a good bet with all you have posted to the boards over the last few days that you are close to your limit.

You're absolutely right! :rockon:

Thanks a heap!

I can give you Illustrator filles if you're used to that program. Otherwise I'm affraid there will be no editable versions. Sorry.

As for maps... The mansion is huge so I break it down into room by room maps as necessary.

If you like the little Mansion PDF... check out what I'm sending you as a bonus... NEMESIS SQUADRON! (heh, just because it's fun, not because you'll ever need it.)

Hmmm... I guess it's time to actually really learn how to do things on the computer.

Thanks

QM

Really great work, GA. It definitely has a professional look to it. It would be even better if each map were larger and had a hex grid. Still, excellent job.

By the way, what is the NEMESIS SQUADRON, and can I have a peek at it, too?

Really great work, GA. It definitely has a professional look to it. It would be even better if each map were larger and had a hex grid. Still, excellent job.

By the way, what is the NEMESIS SQUADRON, and can I have a peek at it, too?

NEMESIS SQUADRON is a space opera game that I've run (off and on) since the late 80's based loosley on the Alien Legion comic books. The packet is MUCH better that the Viore Mansion and comes in two parts... Part 1 is an intro to the campaign and a discussion of what it takes to be assigned to the Legion's first suicide squadron. Part 2 contains character creation rules, including 15 race descriptions and more.

I just thought it might be nice for everyone out there to see it. I just didn't want to post it on the Star Hero forum... Mostly because I created this game long before there was a Star Hero and because few people would get a chance to see it there.

Here's a tickler of the packet:

I just thought it might be nice for everyone out there to see it. I just didn't want to post it on the Star Hero forum... Mostly because I created this game long before there was a SAtar Hero and because few people would get a chance to see it there.

The Star Hero forum isn't just about the literal Star Hero book, you know; it's sort of a catch-all for all space/time adventure settings -- Star Trek, Star Wars, Aliens, Dr. Who -- they all fit.

And given the quality of your work, I'd say you should post it here and there!

The books is quite crisp :) Reminds me of the spiral bound X-Men book that came out some time ago :) I'd be interested to see it expanded and detailed a bit more ... any other ideas that you're working on?