Traveller Hero is ready for Download

shadowcat1313

Re: Traveller Hero is ready for Download

:cool: Very nice. Traveller I can handle.

Despite owning most of the Hero stuff (that isn't Super Hero) I still find it a little tough getting my head round things like radios and radar as described in Hero! :nonp:

It feels so good to finally get this out for general viewing. And I can refresh my batteries a little before working on 1.0 ;)

In the meantime, please provide feedback to Shadowcat, Tancred, or me. There are some things we can't do because of licensing restrictions and copyrights, but if there's something you'd like to see, let us know.

Very nicely done. I espcially like the mechanic for Plasma guns of 1 Hex AE, Non-Selective. Summary: if you want to blow up stuff it's easy, but if you want to hit a person it is no better than anything else.

Keep up the good work... I look forward to v1.0.

It feels so good to finally get this out for general viewing. And I can refresh my batteries a little before working on 1.0 ;)

In the meantime, please provide feedback to Shadowcat, Tancred, or me. There are some things we can't do because of licensing restrictions and copyrights, but if there's something you'd like to see, let us know.

I'd like to supply some positive feedback of a very basic sort: WONDERFUL.

Most impressive. My humble thanks.

I'd like to put you all in for Medals of Conspicuous Gallantry...

...and some leave to go with it!

Tremendous work, guys. Enormous thanks - and rep, naturally - to all involved in this project.

I remember saying, some months ago, that I'd no desire to go to the effort of a Traveller Hero conversion because I was happy with GURPS Traveller.

But now you guys have done the hard work, I'm going to have to try it.

w00t! Traveller rocks! Hero rocks! Traveller Hero double rocks!

Written by Kevin Walsh, Randy Hollingsworth, Rob Bruce, and Anthony Jackson.

Excuse my ignorance, but who are each of these people on the HERO boards? I need to rep each one of them.

I havent heard back from Aroo yet, but its now live at Freelance Traveller

http://www.freelancetraveller.com/features/rules/convert/travhero.html

Question time. Let say, for the sake of argument, that I was interested in running a Traveller agme using Hero. Other than this fine volume here, what (Traveller) books would be the most useful to hunt down for providing setting info? (Keeping in mind that the last time I played Traveller GDW was still a healthy company and MegaTraveller had never been heard of, so I'm a little fuzzy on the various eras).

depends on which version of traveller you want to run

I recommend any version of traveller besides TNE if you want to stick with something close to the original, TNE makes a couple of major departures

the Classic Traveller Reprint volumes are a great buy/value, because they contain quite a few books in one volume, and you can get them from far future enterprises http://www.farfuture.net

for Megatraveller, you can get pdf versions of several of the books from Drivethrurpg.com, and they have actually been giving away free pdfs of a couple of the MT books

for GT or T20, they have their own sites which have been covered previously

for the older books if you want hard copies, I would check the Traveller Trader section of downport.com or e-bay

theres also a lot of good information available from various websites

Very nice! A question, there any good Traveller/GTS/etc sheets out there for starships? Wondering how the main system lays them out, if there is a good format.

Also, any thoughts on having a zip of all used structures (if you HDed it) for DL?

And Shadowcat, if you don't have a copy of the racial files that Tancred created, let me know, and I'll zip them up and send them to you this evening. Those need to go on the TravellerHERO page as well. ;)

I downloaded this and just got a chance to take a good look at it.

Wow

Great work. Not sure when I will get to use this, but at least I have it. I mean really....wow.

I know how long you guys have been working on this and I can see that you put a lot of work into it. Great job and thanks.