God Package...

Enforcer84

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: God Package...

...So when Zeus sent his pantheon away, scattering them across the universe most found themselves near sentient populations, some, like Apollo found worlds primitive enough that they could simply fall into their old habits, others, like Ares and Aphrodite found that they were not Gods among the stars. Aphrodite found herself forced into a long life as a concubine for a powerful interstellar warlord. Ares, a powerful gladiator. Popular, feared, but still a slave.

The least fortunate, like Athena, found themselves alone, in the blackness of space.

I haven't written everyone's stories yet, but I have a few. I'll transcribe them later tonight.

Hephaestus

The god of the forge, who, despite his physical might and magical weapons, was easily bested by Vulcan. Vulcan, who was not twisted and lame, goaded his "predecessor" into rushing, awkward attacks that left him open for easy counterstrikes. He fell, cursing his lameness.

When he awoke he was lying on the dirt of a world alien to him. Hephaestus could not detect his fellow gods and at first feared he'd been destroyed and sent to the endless void. Quickly, however, he found himself near an industrialized society. For the first few decades, Hephaestus, who had shortened his name to Phestos, lived and worked among the human-like beings on this far away world.

Phestos began a career of learning. It was during this time he evolved as a scientist. Eventually, he simply knew all these people could teach him. He went into seclusion, built a space worthy transport and left.

It was then that he found the Foundry.

The Foundry, was an artificial world, it was the creation of some long forgotten god of art, smithy, and industry. A being that had been the equivalent Hepheastus eons before he had been born. He met all manner of beings at the Foundry. Mortals, immortals, sentient machines, cyborgs, androids, nanite colonies in humanoid or other forms, hyper evolved dolphins, all manner of creatures worked the Foundry. There they created. But it wasn't just science. These beings were Technomancers, fusing magic, technology, and other universal forces into weapons, armor, transports, art work, and all manner of devices with purposes ranging from defense, destruction, creation, healing, evolving... It was here that Hephaestus found his home. For the next several millennia, he worked, created, dreamed, and enjoyed the company of others with similar wants and desires.

Yet he could not forget. His family, no matter how hard he tried to suppress the memories, no matter how many projects and problems he threw himself into, always managed to return to his thoughts. As much as he had felt an outsider, the ugly, lame god in a house of beauty and virility, he regretted being unable to help them. He wondered what had happened to Zeus. Phestos began to use his true name again.

As the years went buy, his fellow artisans came and went from the Forge. Some of the artisans left to pass their knowledge to others, some to reap rewards for their inventions, some to protect, and some to conquer. Always they were replaced. That was when Althea appeared. Althea was a Prime created Bio-weapon. Much like his foe Jupiter, but she'd actually performed her duties, battling the Lords of Crux and their "Demonic" minions. A cosmically powered "Angel" she had a beauty that rivaled Hephaestus' former wife Aphrodite. She was kind and had a spirit and immortal soul that the former Olympian found comfortably familiar. She reminded him of Athena, a goddess whom he had long loved from afar. Althea had grown despondent with her life of destruction, even though it was for the good of the multiverse; she longed to create something, anything, that wasn't an instrument of destruction. It was through her gentle nature and efforts that Hephaestus allowed himself to be transformed.

It was painful; even for a God. Perhaps, it was actually so painful because of his magic heritage. Using technomantic spells, nanites, mythic alloys, and genetic transformation, Hephaestus changed from lame and crippled God of the Forge, to a powerful, more heroic God of Creation. Althea and Hephaestus were wed, they had two children Athera a brilliant doctor and medical researcher, and Bronn, a young smith/warrior who reminded Hephaestus of Vulcan. His life now looking up, Hephaestus decided to find the rest of his family; all he had gained over the millennia had pushed him beyond his jealousies and petty anger. He had at long last matured into his own being. Throwing himself into his work, Hephaestus developed, with the help of his family an intergalactic ship, specialized scanners to help him track his far strewn family, and numerous new weapons, armor, and artifacts to help the True Olympians return home and take back what was theirs.

Turns out 1800pts is pretty easy to hit...

[b]Hephaestus - Vulcan, Phestos[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
75    STR     65   75      24-       HTH Damage 15d6  END [4]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
40    CON     60   40      17-
25    BODY    30   25      14-
25    INT     15   25      14-       PER Roll 18-
20    EGO     20   20      13-       ECV: 7
30    PRE     20   30      15-       PRE Attack: 6d6
18    COM      4   18      13-
30    PD      15   30/42             30/42 PD (30/42 rPD)
20    ED      12   20/32             20/32 ED (20/32 rED)
5    SPD     20   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
25    REC      4   25
90    END      5   90
90    STUN     7   90
8    RUN      0   8"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
15    LEAP     0   15"                15" forward, 7 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 307[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
220     [b][i]Engines of Creation[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 100 base + 120 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (250 Active Points); Powers limited to those of creation (-1/4) [Notes: Hephaestus' manipulation of the magical energies of his birth are "limited" to creation. He can repair, summon, build, materialize, or almost anything, but the effects are limited by "Creation Special Effect". He cannot summon a fireball, but he might be able to summon a bazooka. Attacks and defenses must have focus limitations, but he could transform a delapitated automobile into a sleek high performance car. Summon materials and tools from his Forge in Olympus, etc. ] - END=
75     [b][i]Fire & Forge Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 75-point reserve - END=
 5u     1)  [b][i]Summer's Touch[/i][/b]: Drain Ice/Cold Powers 4d6, One Power At A Time (+1/4) (50 Active Points) - END=5
 4u     2)  [b][i]Summon Heat[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 4d6, No Normal Defense (LS: Safe Enviroment: Intense Heat; +1) (40 Active Points) - END=4
 6u     3)  [b][i]Wall Of Fire[/i][/b]: (Total: 74 Active Cost, 58 Real Cost) Force Wall (10 ED), Transparent to [no types selected] (37 Active Points) (Real Cost: 37) [b]plus[/b] Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Damage Shield (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (37 Active Points); Linked (Force Wall; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 21) - END=8
125     [b][i]Technomantic Toybox[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 100 base + 25 control cost,  (150 Active Points); OIF (Can be any focus of at least -1/2; -1/2), VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-1/2) - END=
70     [b][i]The Golden Hammer[/i][/b]: Multipower, 105-point reserve,  (105 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-1/2) - END=
 4u     1)  [b][i]I call it the Fragmenator...or, perhaps its a Golden Duck.[/i][/b]: Major Transform 3d6 (Metal to Metallic Objects), Any metallic device (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Only works against Metals (-3/4), Restrainable (-1/2), Requires A Smithy Roll (Variable RSR; Requires one of his Smithy skills depending on his desired creation; -1/4) - END=0
 7u     2)  [b][i]Okay, now I am pissed! (Power Strike)[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 (8d6 w/STR), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (105 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) - END=0
 2u     3)  [b][i]Smashy Smashy! (Standard Strike)[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) - END=0
 7u     4)  [b][i]Top that you Norse Ninny!!! (Hurled Hammer)[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 14d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (105 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) - END=0
83     [b][i]Winged Boots[/i][/b]: Flight 25", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (125 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
24     [b][i]Wondrous Golden Armor of Hephaestus[/i][/b]: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
    Golden Helm, all slots OIF (-1/2) - END=
 5     1)  [b][i]Distance holds no sway over my sight[/i][/b]: +5 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
 9     2)  [b][i]I can hear you now[/i][/b]: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (13 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
 6     3)  [b][i]Sensory Enhancement[/i][/b]: +3 PER with all Sense Groups (9 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
21     4)  [b][i]XML Satellite Radio?[/i][/b]: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Rapid:  x10, Telescopic:  +3, Tracking (32 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
    Olympian Abilities - END=
20     1)  [b][i]Crossing the Veil to Olympus[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension) - END=2
15     2)  [b][i]Deitific Durability[/i][/b]: Power Defense (15 points) - END=0
25     3)  [b][i]Detific Resiliance[/i][/b]: (Total: 25 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Hardened (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4) (15 Active Points) applied to PD (Real Cost: 15) [b]plus[/b] Hardened (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4) (10 Active Points) applied to ED (Real Cost: 10) - END=0
19     4)  [b][i]Effortless Strength[/i][/b]: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (19 Active Points) applied to STR - END=
40     5)  [b][i]Fire Immunity[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type Of Attack Fire (-1/2) - END=0
 3     6)  [b][i]Godly Senses[/i][/b]: +1 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
 5     7)  [b][i]How fortunate![/i][/b]: Luck 1d6 - END=0
36     8)  [b][i]Immortality[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week), Inherent (+1/4) (36 Active Points) - END=0
 4     9)  [b][i]New, confident stride[/i][/b]: Running +2" (8" total) - END=1
37     10) [b][i]Nigh-Invulnerable[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (30 PD/20 ED), Inherent (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points) - END=0
 4     11) [b][i]Olympian Mass[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -2" - END=0
 5     12) [b][i]Sense Temperature[/i][/b]: Detect Temperature 14- (Unusual Group), Sense - END=0
16     13) [b][i]Stubborn, even for a God[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (20 points total) - END=0
15     14) [b][i]Tougher than Thou[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0
15     15) [b][i]Tougher than Thou[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0
20     16) [b][i]You God wishes to speak to you[/i][/b]: Mind Link , Anyone who has been touched by the God's Powers class of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Any dimension - END=0
16     17) [b][i]You've not the power to move me. [/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -10" (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=2

[b]POWERS Cost: 968[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
 6      +2 with Golden Hammer
10      +2 with HTH Combat
40      +4 Overall
 9      Control Godlike Abilties 17-
 3      Computer Programming 14-
 3      Demolitions 14-
 3      Electronics 14-
 3      High Society 15-
 3      Hoist 14-
 3      Inventor 14-
 3      Jack of All Trades
 7      1)  PS: Appraise (8 Active Points) 17-
 7      2)  PS: Armorer (8 Active Points) 17-
 7      3)  PS: Blacksmith (8 Active Points) 17-
 5      4)  PS: Clockmaker (6 Active Points) 15-
 7      5)  PS: Goldsmith (8 Active Points) 17-
 7      6)  PS: Jewelry Maker/Lapidary (8 Active Points) 17-
 7      7)  PS: Silversmith (8 Active Points) 17-
 3      Scholar
 2      1)  KS: Alchemy (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      2)  KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
 2      3)  KS: Art History (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      4)  KS: Artifacts & Relics (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      5)  KS: Dragons (2 Active Points) 11-
 1      6)  KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
 1      7)  KS: Races of the Multiverse (2 Active Points) 11-
 6      8)  KS: Recognize Weapon Quality (7 Active Points) 18-
 6      9)  KS: Technomancy (7 Active Points) 18-
 1      10)  KS: The Anvil Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-
 2      11)  KS: The Mystic Community (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      12)  KS: The Olympian Pantheon  (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      13)  KS: The Technological World (3 Active Points) 14-
27      TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Mecha, Riding Animals, Science Fiction & Space Vehicles, Agricultural & Construction Vehicles, Balloons & Zeppelins, Carts & Carriages, Chariots, Large Military Ships, Large Motorized Boats, Large Rowed Boats, Large Wind-Powered Boats, One-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Railed Vehicles, Small Military Ships, Small Motorized Boats, Small Rowed Boats, Small Wind-Powered Boats, Submarines, Tracked Military Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles
 3      Traveler
 2      1)  AK: Ancient Greece (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      2)  AK: Anvil Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-
 2      3)  AK: Olympia (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      4)  AK: The Foundry (2 Active Points) 11-
 1      5)  CK: Athens (2 Active Points) 11-
23      WF:  Beam Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Early Firearms, Emplaced Weapons, Energy Weapons, Siege Engines, Small Arms, Boomerangs and Throwing Clubs, Energy Blades, Flamethrowers, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Nets, Shoulder-Fired Weapons
13      Weaponsmith 19-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 238[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
 7      Fringe Benefit:  International Driver's License, Membership: Olympic Pantheon (Greater God), Passport
 5      Money:  Well Off
40      Follower: Apprentices
75      The Star Galleon: Wings of Althea
50      Forge on Olympia
 6      Contact:  Magni (one of the Leaders of Post Ragnarok Asgard) (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own) 11-
20      Contacts among other "Industrial" Deities, Superhero Gadgeteers, Magicians, And their organizations, generally at 11-
10      Technomancer [Notes: Hephaestus is capable of successfully combining magic, technology, and cosmic energies. Impossible to do for some and exceptionally dangerous in the hands of others (5pt perk). ]

[b]PERKS Cost: 213[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
 3      Bump Of Direction
 3      Lightning Calculator
15      Skill Master (+3 with all Skills based on Intelligence)
 4      Speed Reading (x10)
12      Turn Undead
20      Universal Translator 14-

[b]TALENTS Cost: 57[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Divine Aura (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
 5     Distinctive Features:  Golden Leg and "back" (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20     Enraged:  Should Family be threatened (Common), go 11-, recover 11-
20     Hunted:  Diametrically opposed Pantheon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  The Engineer 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  Vulcan 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10     Psychological Limitation:  A bit on the Arrogant side (Common, Moderate)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Family man. Hephaestus is fiercely protective of his wife, children, and fellow Olympians (Common, Total)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Loves progress, new magic, technology, art, all of it. tends to "live for the future" and is a gadget junkie (Very Common, Moderate)
10     Rivalry:  Professional (Other "Industrial Gods"; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry; Numerous Rivals)
10     Social Limitation:  Answers to the Pantheonic Pecking Order (Frequently, Minor)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 600
Exp Required: 1033
Total Exp Available: 1033
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 1783

Background:See above!

Personality/Motivation: Hephaestus, back in the pantheon's "Glory Days", was the odd God out. Ugly and crippled, he was the but of jokes. He was ruled by petty jealosy, anger, and a desire to fit in. His was a dysfuntional family and he was miserable. When they lost their godhood and were set on their own, Hephaestus at first tried to lose himself in his work. He wanted nothing to do with his past. He spent eons in denial. It was only after he met Althea that he faced up to the facts that his family was important to him. He spent millennia finding and helping his fellow Olympians to return to Earth and reclaim their home. Now he seeks to restor Olympia's beauty and glory. Sure, they are no long worshiped by humanity, but there are litterally millions of citizens in Olympia who look to the Pantheon for leadership, and he and his fellow Gods now see their responsibilities.

Truth be told, if he and Vulcan weren't sworn enemies, they'd probably get along great. It wouldn't be a huge surprise to either to find out, for example, that they have spent time in a MMORPG together and got along brilliantly...

Quote: "I can fix this. Althea? What do you think?"

"Know this, Vulcan, I stand before you know not as a bent and misshappen deity, but as the God of Creation and Avenger of Olympus."

Powers/Tactics: A brick, mage, gadgeteer. Hephaestus fights toe to toe with his opponents. His magic is geared almost solely in helping him create new objects of power or repair and improve things around him. He has his traditional weapons and armor that he devised when he was at the Foundry, but he'll also carry a small arsenal of things he wants to "try out". His designs are based on Technomancy, often using scientific principals powered by magical or mythical energy sources. He has made most of the gear the Olympians currently use (with help from his family). Physically, Hephaestus is second only to Herakles in power, when combined with his Golden Hammer, feggedaboutit.

Campaign Use: At the point in the campaign where the True Olympians have reclaimed their home, Hephaestus is probably not going to be seen on the Earth plane. He has a lot of work to do in Olympia, rebuilding, recreating, and imprving. He teaches technomancers and artificiers at his forge. He still occasionally attends technology shows and magical conferences among the mortals to see how they are coming and if there's something he should be aware of. His children have served as superhuman champions of Earth on a few occasions and he can occasionally be seen visiting them.

Appearance: Hephaestus is a changed god. No longer a hunchback with a club foot and bad hair; he is tall, bronzed skinned, with long fire red hair and a neatly trimmed van dyke. As a reminder that he is a "self made" God, a think "exoskeleton" of segmented golden adamantium covers his spine and shoulders, and his right leg to his mid thigh. He favores red and black clothing. His devices are always beautiful to look at and he still prefers ancient greek stylings for armors, clothing, and weapons. He weilds a massive golden Hammer with elegantly etched wings of silver on either side. The haft is a dark red wood and it is wraped in a synthetic golden "pleather" for lack of a better word. The handle is a good three feet long and he has attached a synthetic strap at the bottom (a design he gleefully stole from comic books). Set in the center of the hammer is a pulsing red stone the stone can be seen from the sides, framed by the silver wings, the space between the wings being magically transparent.

Enforcer84,

As you know (if you visited the site mentioned above) I'm in the market for a few (dozen) gods (Especially Olympians, Egyptians and Norse). Would you mind if I purloined your versions for my tournament in August?

You'll be sure to get all the credit (as will those who have or will help(ed) me out). :)

Enforcer84,

As you know (if you visited the site mentioned above) I'm in the market for a few (dozen) gods (Especially Olympians, Egyptians and Norse). Would you mind if I purloined your versions for my tournament in August?

You'll be sure to get all the credit (as will those who have or will help(ed) me out). :)

Not a problem, reading your thread made me want to get back to my own Olympians. Feel Free, but I may be slow....

I was in a Golden Age campaign where two of us had an adventure in Olympus. I can't remember a lot of it, but I do remember that we ended up in Hephaestus's forge while hiding from Ares. Hephaestus bonked us on the head, threw us in a bag, dragged us through some kind of dung and dropped us off near a gorgon cave. It was one of Medusa's sisters, but I don't recall which. She's dead now anyway. :)

"Well, this could not get any worse," Thought Herakles.

The son of Zeus, raised from his mortal death to true divinity by his father, now found himself light-years from home, accompanied only by the one Olympian who'd never wanted anything from him save his torment and his death. His step mother, Hera.

At first, due to the shock, they worked together well. Once they had determined that they were indeed alone they'd figured out a way to find food and drink, though they could survive without for sometime if they had too, they didn't want to test it.

The world they were on was hospitable, but barely. And the creatures of this world were strong. That was putting it mildly.

Hera began lording over her husband's bastard child as soon as they had established some sort of shelter and routine. Herakles took her verbal and physical abuse. He felt duty bound to his father to protect her. He hunted and cooked. She called him names and complained.

They traveled during the days, hoping to find some civilization on this world they'd been left on. When Hera's barbs weren't directed directly at Herakles she complained about her husband and his libido. It went on for months. It seemed like years.

Finally, one day, while she was in a particularly prickly mood; Hera made a comment on Herakles wife and child, killed by his own hand in madness induced by Hera herself.

At this, Herakles lashed out. Hera had thought that Zeus' rages were great. With in mere moments Herakles had her life in his hands.

"You Base COW!" He shouted. It was the first words he'd spoken to her in a week.

"For all his sins against you, Zeus was my father. I had no choice in the matter. My family had nothing to do with him. You weak, stupid, jealous, woman. I fought to defend you! I tried to fit in with you and your sanctimonious, inbred siblings and children! For all that I get your scorn and petty whining. You are not worthy of Magera's memories! NEVER MENTION HER NAME AGAIN!

Hera begged for her life. It was at this moment she knew what the wife and children had seen. Herakles walked away.

"Find your own way home, mother."

Hera was lost for a few days. She finally divined a way to the nearest civilization, but it was a long trip. Shifting her divine magic, she flew into the air. It was safer travel but took much of her energy. She stopped for food and finally made it. The city was filled with odd, cat-like humanoids. She changed shape to appear as one of them.

It was there that she resigned herself to living here for eternity; alone.

It was centuries before she saw Herakles again. She had lived among the T'Khar for almost three hundred years, earning a living as a midwife, using her home to protect the children and spouses in abusive relationships. It had been her calling before her marriage to the ultimate cheating spouse, it served her well here.

Herakles strode into her home, along with two small T'Khar children.

"Mother," he said flatly, she was astounded he could see through her disguise, "These children have lost their parents to raiding Ghorak tribesmen. Can you look after them?"

Hera merely nodded and he crouched so that he could speak to the kits at their level.

"This is my mother. She will care for you as your mother did. Be kind to her."

And then he left.

Over the next few centuries, Hera slowly gained worshipers. She was the protector of families, children, and motherhood. Her powers seemed to grow as her arcane form continued to mature. Herakles too was revered, known as the Champion; he defended cities, fought monsters, won wars. Always on the side of the down trodden. Always on the side of right.

When Hephaestus and the others found them, Hera was reluctant to return. But Herakles said that she owed Zeus her life and should at least repay that debt before seeking her own life among the stars. She acquiesced and they left to restore Zeus to his throne. Hera was quiet during the journey home. It would take some time, since several members of the family had not been found. Herakles found her on deck one day watching the universe go by as they traveled.

"Come Mother," he said as he tossed a slim sword to her.

"What is this, child of Zeus?" The title was no longer laced with venom.

"Juno would have killed you. You need to fight when we get Olympus."

"A sword? I think not. I am no mere warrior."

"That is very true, but we need you to pull your own weight. Even Aphrodite has begun learned to fight."

"I will fight Herakles. But I will use no sword. My time with the T'Khar has taught me to defend myself and others. But I am no warrior."

She held her hands together and concentrated. As she pulled them away a long staff appeared. Shimmering silver metal that seemed to sing as she held it in her hands. The gripped the staff and stood as if to defend herself. Herakles lunged with the sword, and she parried it carrying the staff's momentum and followed with a strike to his head. The blow was solidly struck but had little effect. Herakles stopped abruptly.

He smiled at her. "That will do."

[b]Hera - Juno[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
40    STR     30   40      17-       HTH Damage 8d6  END [2]
21    DEX     33   21      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
28    CON     36   28      15-
15    BODY    10   15      12-
25    INT     15   25      14-       PER Roll 17-
20    EGO     20   20      13-       ECV: 7
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
26    COM      8   26      14-
20    PD      12   20             20 PD (20 rPD)
20    ED      14   20             20 ED (20 rED)
5    SPD     19    5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
15    REC      2   15
70    END      7   70
60    STUN    11   60
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
8    LEAP     0   8"                8" forward, 4" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 227[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
225     [b][i]Arcane Might[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 90 base + 135 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (225 Active Points) - END=
27     [b][i]Astral Form[/i][/b]: Duplication (creates 350-point form), Altered Duplicates (100%; +1) (140 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, must enter trance and meditate to allow astral self to leave its fleshy prison; -1 1/2), Original Character Is Incapacitated And Helpless While Duplicate Exists (-1), Feedback (All Duplicates Take Damage When Struck; -1), Both Characters Die If They Do Not Recombine Within 24 Hours (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=14
17     [b][i]Find Zeus' Mind [/i][/b]: Mind Scan 5d6 (Alien class of minds), +5 ECV (35 Active Points); Only to Find Zeus Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1) - END=3
125     [b][i]The Goddess' Mental Prowess[/i][/b]: Multipower, 125-point reserve - END=
12u     1)  [b][i]Bow before the Queen's might[/i][/b]: Suppress Mental/Psionic Powers 6d6, All Powers Simultaneously (+2), Area Of Effect (9" Radius; +1) (120 Active Points) - END=12
 4u     2)  [b][i]Mental Paralysis[/i][/b]: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks Physical Attacks (+1/4), Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; Mental Defense applies; +1) (75 Active Points); Mental Defense Adds To EGO (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) - END=7
11u     3)  [b][i]Mental Scanning[/i][/b]: Mind Scan 16d6 (Human and Alien classes of minds), +10 ECV (110 Active Points) - END=11
12u     4)  [b][i]Mind Blast[/i][/b]: Ego Attack 8d6 (Human, Alien and Animal classes of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (125 Active Points) - END=5
 6u     5)  [b][i]Neural Blindness[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; Mental Defense applies; +1) (60 Active Points) - END=6
 7u     6)  [b][i]Psionic Surgery[/i][/b]: Major Transform 3d6 (Add, Remove, or Alter Memories and Psych Limitations), Works Against EGO, Not BODY (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; Mental Defense applies; +1) (101 Active Points); Limited Target Humans (-1/2) - END=10
 2u     7)  [b][i]Psychomorph[/i][/b]: Shapeshift  (Mental Group, Any Shape) (25 Active Points) - END=2
10u     8)  [b][i]Remote Viewing[/i][/b]: Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x128 Range (30,720"), +2 to PER Roll, Transdimensional (Single Dimension; Earth & Olympus Only; +1/2) (100 Active Points) - END=10
12u     9)  [b][i]Telepathy[/i][/b]: Telepathy 18d6 (Human and Alien classes of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (125 Active Points) - END=5
 5u     10) [b][i]Unclear Thoughts[/i][/b]: Change Environment 16" radius, -4 INT Roll and all INT, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (46 Active Points) - END=5
    Cuckoo Staff, all slots OAF (-1) - END=
33     1)  [b][i]Goddess Energy Conversion[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 15d6 (75 Active Points); OAF (-1), 10 Charges (-1/4) - END=[10]
10     2)  [b][i]Staff[/i][/b]: (Total: 27 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6 (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 8) [b]plus[/b] Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) - END=2
50     3)  [b][i]Visions[/i][/b]: Sight, Hearing and Smell/Taste Groups Images Increased Size (16" radius; +1), +/-10 to PER Rolls (100 Active Points); OAF (-1) - END=10
    Olympian Abilities - END=
10     1)  [b][i]Aura Vision[/i][/b]: Detect Aura 14- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory - END=0
15     2)  [b][i]Combat Awareness[/i][/b]: Combat Sense 14- - END=
20     3)  [b][i]Crossing the Veil to Olympus[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension) - END=2
 5     4)  [b][i]Cuckoo's Vision[/i][/b]: Increased Arc Of Perception (240-Degree) with Sight Group - END=0
27     5)  [b][i]Detect Minds[/i][/b]: Detect Minds (Mental Group) 14- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception, Sense, Targeting Sense - END=0
20     6)  [b][i]Detific Resiliance[/i][/b]: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Hardened (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4) (10 Active Points) applied to PD (Real Cost: 10) [b]plus[/b] Hardened (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4) (10 Active Points) applied to ED (Real Cost: 10) - END=0
10     7)  [b][i]Effortless Strength[/i][/b]: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (10 Active Points) applied to STR - END=
44     8)  [b][i]Form Shifting[/i][/b]: Shape Shift  (Sight, Smell/Taste, Touch and Hearing Groups, any shape), Instant Change - END=4
 9     9)  [b][i]Godly Senses[/i][/b]: +3 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
10     10) [b][i]How fortunate![/i][/b]: Luck 2d6 - END=0
 8     11) [b][i]I can see for miles and miles[/i][/b]: +16 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight - END=0
36     12) [b][i]Immortality[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week), Inherent (+1/4) (36 Active Points) - END=0
 5     13) [b][i]Mental Link[/i][/b]: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Zeus - END=0
30     14) [b][i]Nigh-Invulnerable[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED), Inherent (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (30 Active Points) - END=0
 4     15) [b][i]Olympian Mass[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -2" - END=0
50     16) [b][i]Psionic Defense Reflex[/i][/b]: Ego Attack 2d6, Damage Shield (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (50 Active Points) - END=5
15     17) [b][i]Queen of the Gods[/i][/b]: Power Defense (15 points) - END=0
 5     18) [b][i]Sense Temperature[/i][/b]: Detect Temperature 14- (Unusual Group), Sense - END=0
26     19) [b][i]The Queen of Olympus will not be broken[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (30 points total) - END=0
15     20) [b][i]Tougher than Thou[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0
15     21) [b][i]Tougher than Thou[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0
20     22) [b][i]You God wishes to speak to you[/i][/b]: Mind Link , Anyone who has been touched by the God's Powers class of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Any dimension - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 967[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
 9      +3 with Staffs
50      +5 Overall
 2      AK: Olympia 11-
 3      Bureaucratics 13-
 3      Conversation 13-
 3      High Society 13-
 3      Interrogation 13-
 0      Language:  Greek (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
 4      Language:  T'Kharran (idiomatic)
 3      Oratory 13-
 3      Paramedics 14-
 3      Persuasion 13-
 3      Scholar
 2      1)  KS:  T'Khar Religion & Mythology (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      2)  KS: Alchemy (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      3)  KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
 2      4)  KS: Artifacts & Relics (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      5)  KS: Child Psychology (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      6)  KS: Dragons (2 Active Points) 11-
 2      7)  KS: Infectious Disease Control and Prevention (3 Active Points) 14-
 1      8)  KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
 4      9)  KS: MIdwifery (5 Active Points) 16-
 2      10)  KS: Physical Therapy (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      11)  KS: The Mystic Community (3 Active Points) 14-
 2      12)  KS: The Olympian Pantheon  (3 Active Points) 14-
 3      Scientist
 2      1)  SS:  Emergency Medicine 14- (3 Active Points)
 5      2)  SS:  Obstetrics 17- (6 Active Points)
 2      3)  SS:  Pediatrics 14- (3 Active Points)
 2      4)  SS:  Xeno Medicine 14- (3 Active Points)
 3      WF:  Blades, Clubs, Polearms and Spears, Staffs, Two-Handed Weapons

[b]SKILLS Cost: 129[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
 8      Deep Cover (Total of 4 Identities)
 8      Fringe Benefit:  Queen of Olympus
 3      Well-Connected
 8      1)  Contact:  NOW (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Contact limited by identity, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 11-
20      2)  Contact:  Olympians (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (21 Active Points) 12-
14      3)  Contact:  Red Cross (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Contact limited by identity, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-

[b]PERKS Cost: 61[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
 3      Bump Of Direction
 3      Absolute Time Sense
26      Universal Translator 20-
40      Danger Sense (general area, any danger, Function as a Sense) 17-

[b]TALENTS Cost: 72[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Godly Mien (concealed with Shapeshift) (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20     Hunted:  A'Khavorell (Demon Lord of Crux who desires her to be HIS Queen) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  Diametrically opposed Pantheon 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  Ishtar 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  Juno  8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  Zeus 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Devoted defender of the T'Khar immigrants (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Jealous (Common, Moderate)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Protector of Women and Children  (Common, Strong)
 5     Reputation:  Defender of Women and Children, 11- (Known Only To A Small Group)
10     Reputation:  Jealous Wife of Zeus, 11-
 5     Rivalry:  Professional (Women who catch Zeus' Eye; Rival is Less Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry; Multiple Rivals)
10     Social Limitation:  Answers to the Pantheonic Pecking Order (Frequently, Minor)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 1106
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 1456