God Package...

Enforcer84

Get your mind out of the gutters people!

I'm putting together a "Standard" Olympian Package. Anyone have a good idea about what the minimum powers for the Greek Pantheon would be?

Were they considered Immortal?

Chemically Immune?

Flight?

Thinking comic book terms here too. Not Fantasy Hero, Champions. Using DC's, Marvel's and other Comic Companies' versions as inspiration...

This is what I have for the basic package.

I say packabe but I mean template. It's an Olympian template (hdt file) so you'll need to put that in your template directories and then create a character from it.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: God Package...

Well, I'm not sure they'd all be chemically immune. I seem to recall Herc getting drunk in the comics at least once (though it seemed to impair his judgement more than his dex)

Still, Life Support: Immortality (with or without a possible limitation to denote a need for golden apples or other godly goodies to maintain it seems sensible) just for a start.

Here's my first attempt

[b]Standard Olympian - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
25    STR     15   25      14-       HTH Damage 5d6  END [2]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
20    CON     20   20      13-
20    BODY    20   20      13-
15    INT      5   15      12-       PER Roll 13-
20    EGO     20   20      13-       ECV: 7
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
20    COM     5   20      13-
15    PD      10   15             15 PD (8 rPD)
15    ED      11   15             15 ED (8 rED)
4    SPD     10   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
10    REC      2   10
50    END      5   50
50    STUN     7   50
6    RUN       0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM      0   2"                END [1]
5    LEAP      0   5"                5" forward, 2 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 170[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
20     [b][i]Crossing the Veil to Olympus[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension) - END=2
4     [b][i]Decidedly heavier than normal[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -2" - END=0
10     [b][i]Godlike Durability[/i][/b]: Power Defense (10 points) - END=0
45     [b][i]Godlike Powers[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 30 base + 15 control cost,  (45 Active Points) - END=
8     [b][i]Godlike Resiliance[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED) - END=0
3     [b][i]Godly Senses[/i][/b]: +1 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
6     [b][i]Higher Entity Mentality[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (10 points total) - END=0
5     [b][i]How fortunate![/i][/b]: Luck 1d6 - END=0
29     [b][i]Immortality[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) - END=0
15     [b][i]Tougher than Thou[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0
15     [b][i]Tougher than Thou[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 160[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
10      +1 Overall
9      Control Godlike Abilties 15-
2      AK: Olympia 11-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 21[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
3      Fringe Benefit:  Membership: Olympic Pantheon

[b]PERKS Cost: 3[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Hunted:  Diametrically opposed Pantheon 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10     Psychological Limitation:  A bit on the Arrogant side (Common, Moderate)
10     Social Limitation:  Answers to the Pantheonic Pecking Order (Frequently, Minor)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 30[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 124
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 354

I think that is pretty basic. My "Gods" for my unique game world (one of my fave comic Tropes) will average 600 pts. Zeus, Odin, Thor, Posiden, Surtur, etc, the big guns, will be around 1000-2000 pts. The least Godlings, Dyonisis, Urd the god of Drunken Bar Brawls, etc are 300-400 pts. Apollo and other big name but not supreme gods would be 500-800pts.

I'd drop the STR to 25 or even 20; great human heroes could out-wrestle some of the minor Olympians.

A small Godly Magics VPP would be a good idea; all of them could pull a power out of their hats when the story required it.

Cosmology will make a difference. If your Olympians are created by human worship, they probably have some phys limits refleting that. Mystic World mentions that CU gofs can't use their powers on some classes of extradimensional beings.

Course, you could have the Titans loose again. And have them as a Rival. Though admittedly I dont know much about them other than ones who were significant players in the popular myths. Having them pop up as rivals could make for some interest.

Well, I imagine all Olympians would have at least some life support and some fast healing. The Greek gods also shape changed constantly....so they'd probably have that as well. For those demi gods or half gods....you could probably leave that out. Heracles didn't shape change naturally.

Rob

Well, to rehash what I think I have mentioned a lot...In my Supers Universe, the Gods of old are beings created out of magic primordial goo. Earth, a nigh-unique planet in the multiverse, lies along a dimensional access. It is like a dimensional switchboard. So as all these "gods" slowly evolved from their magic rich dimensions they oft found themselves on Earth. Borrowing from HERO, there are two races in the known universe that are quite old. The Prime (or Progenitors - because I love that name) are beings who work magic, science, all sorts of energies in their battles with the Lords of Crux who basically are their opposite number and from a series of dimensions that resemble "hell" or the "abyss". The Lords of Crux and the Prime fought for millennia. Earth was a battle ground on many occasions as it's function as a dimensional nexus was highly desirable (the number of worlds in the multiverse that are in nexuses(nexi?) are probably less than 50. So there are remnants of Prime and LoC technology, magic, bases, etc scattered about Earth.

Zeus and Hephaestus found some. This was at the height of the Olympian's powers and prestige. Greece was the cultural epicenter of Europe, they reigned supreme. Zeus and his misshapen son traveled as Zeus was curious about the world and knew that he only oversaw a small portion of it. He took Hephaestus with him as the god of the Forge loved to see new technologies, or artistic endeavors. He also created special devices that let them travel unknown even to other gods.

It was on one of these trips that they encountered a Prime Outpost. Hephaestus was fascinated. The technology was light-years ahead of anything he could create and even his divine abilities to understand and incorporate technology were being "overloaded" he could grasp the purpose of items but even he was at a loss to use them. Hephaestus wanted to stay and study the technology, but Zeus would have none of it. Hephaestus was very important. The weapons and armor he created was too valuable for him to shut himself in a far away outpost. So, Zeus summoned a great deal of his own mythical power and separated a fraction of his essence. Dubbing the newly created avatar Jupiter (as the young Roman states referred to him) he charged him with studying this technology, learning it, and bringing the knowledge back.

Zeus planned on re-absorbing Jupiter and keeping the knowledge for his own (part of him feared Hephaestus becoming too powerful).

Zeus and Hepheastus then departed.

For a few years, Jupiter did what he was told. He could contact Zeus and give him updates on his progress. Zeus had given him great stamina and intellect, but no other powers. Jupiter slowly divined the purpose of the technology, and then figured out how to operate enough so that the computers would teach him more. Unfortunately for Zeus, the outpost had been a major factor in the Prime's battles with the LoC. The systems were geared towards the creation, training, and arming of powerful bioweapons. Jupiter, who had long ago realized that he existed at the whim of Zeus; decided to attempt a grasp at power on his own. If he could become a fierce Bio Weapon, he might be able to win his freedom. Using all his will to hide his activities from the mental link with his creator, Jupiter began the long, painful process of self transformation.

Jupiter was unable to keep his traitorous thoughts from Zeus. The king of Olympus withdrew his treacherous avatar's powers and left it a lifeless husk. At least that's what he thought. In reality, the removal of his divine life spark only eased Jupiter's transformation from entity of magic to cosmic powered godling.

Upon reaching the pinnacle of his power, Jupiter transported himself to Olympus and in various disguises took genetic samples of the major and some of the minor gods and demigods of the Olympic pantheon.

Once his own "Olympian Pantheon" was created, trained, and armed, they attacked Mount Olympus. The battle was fierce, the original Olympians were man for man more powerful they were not cosmically created clones; they were entities of magical power! They also, were disorganized, petty, and caught off guard. The bad blood that festered between the true Olympians boiled over as each tried to defend their interests above those of Olympus as a whole. Ares would not work with Apollo, Herakles, or Athena. Hera, never a combatant, stood on the sidelines with Aphrodite.

Zeus, arrogant and enraged, made hasty, damaging, and tactically unsound attacks. He would knock three of the invaders to their knees with one mighty blow; and instead of finishing them, gloat. Hades and Poseidon were slow to join the battle, sure that their realms would be safe before lending aid to their brother.

In the end, Jupiter's followers were simply better led, better coordinated, and had the element of surprise. As the True Olympians fell to the coordinated attacks of their foes, Zeus became more and more enraged. He drew more and more power to himself. Often adding what ever minor stores of power his "useless" children or siblings had to take his might to unheard of levels. Deciding that taking out the "head" would stop the invaders, he prepared a massive attack for the upstart Jupiter.

And that was when he heard the screams. His wife, his children, his people, all of them. It was as if he was drawing their very life forces into himself all of them so that he could destroy Jupiter. He realized immediately that the blast would surely kill everyone present, his wife, his brothers, his children. He faltered. Quickly changing tactics, he altered the magic energy burst from a destructive force to a transport. He transported everyone of his pantheon away, scattered them across the multiverse so that they could escape. And then he collapsed.

Jupiter, not sure if killing Zeus would have an adverse affect on himself, had Pluto take him to Tatarus and imprisoned with his Titan forbearers. Zeus was subjected to eons of abuse. But they never broke him. They never killed him. Because in that one instance, he had saved all that was truly dear to him.

So where did everyone go?

Maybe I'll fill you in tomorrow.

I think that is pretty basic. My "Gods" for my unique game world (one of my fave comic Tropes) will average 600 pts. Zeus' date=' Odin, Thor, Posiden, Surtur, etc, the big guns, will be around 1000-2000 pts. The least Godlings, Dyonisis, Urd the god of Drunken Bar Brawls, etc are 300-400 pts. Apollo and other big name but not supreme gods would be 500-800pts.[/quote']

I don't know if it helps, but the Hero Universe PDF states that:

Even at his lowest level of power, a god is mighty — a lesser god is usually built with at least 2,500 Character Points, and a greater god with 7,500 or more. In eras and places where they are worshipped, gods can become much, much more powerful.

I would use much of this on powers like LS: Immortality, and Resurrection (rituals required to stop), or at least Damage Reduction.

From the 1984 The Olympians, the gods in the God Template all had a similar package deal which contained:

• X-Dim Movement (Olypmus to Earth, extra phase, only if portal is open)
  • Shapeshift (any shape)
  • 2 levels of Density Increase (back when it could be treated as inherent)
  • Life support - breathe any, sleep, eat, age, disease
  • 4 Body Regen
  • Universal translator +6
  • DISADVANTAGES
  • Unfam w/modern world -15
  • Psych lim; thinks superior to mere mortals, -10
  • DF: godly mien -10 (conc w/shapeshift)
  • Hunted: Giants 11-, -15

Their strength was anywhere from 30 [Aphrodite]- 75 [Hephaestus] (with Zeus @ 70) and points from 411 (Charon the boatman) to 1110 (Zeus). This was back in the 250 template days. :)

There were also some write ups for heroes, demigods, and bestiary.

I don't know if it helps, but the Hero Universe PDF states that:

Even at his lowest level of power, a god is mighty — a lesser god is usually built with at least 2,500 Character Points, and a greater god with 7,500 or more. In eras and places where they are worshipped, gods can become much, much more powerful.

I would use much of this on powers like LS: Immortality, and Resurrection (rituals required to stop), or at least Damage Reduction.

And then they published the stats for Tezcatlipoca with only 1,784 points. :)

I'm putting together a "Standard" Olympian Package. Anyone have a good idea about what the minimum powers for the Greek Pantheon would be?

Were they considered Immortal?

Chemically Immune?

Flight?

Let me think...most Olympians were "imortal" only in the fact that thay could not age beyond an adult. Thay were hard to kill (because thay exist on worshup...as long as someone beleves in them, thay have power over mortals). As for being chemically immune, most of them could get drunk, and in fact did get drunk. While you never herd of an Olympian getting a cold or getting sick, thay still needed food, drink, and air. You might strech the rules and say that extreme conditions could not affect them, if you wish.

As for flight...most of the Olympians were ground-locked, but could proably enter Mount Olympus no mater where thay were (Extra-Dimentinal Movement?). Beyond that, only Apollo and Mercery could "fly", and Apollo needed his charior of the sun to do so, while Mercery needed his winged sandels to do so.