Old Villians Made New

steriaca

Alright folkes, what villians would you being back from Hero Game's Golden Age? To count...the villian...

1) Has to have a writeup pre-5th edition...

2) Has not been created during the ICE age (cause Hero dosen't own any charater created during the ICE age)...

3) Not created by Dennis Mahonie, or has appeared in his Heroic Publication comic books (with the exception of Sonar and Raidar, cause the ideal is realy cool)...

4) Must fit a need in the Champions Universe which can not be filled by another villian (or can be filed by another, but not easy).

Hear is my example.

Name: Monopole

Why (S)He Should Be Reserected For 5th Edition: Because the ideal of a villian fan boy is creepy enougth, but add some powers, and his underground newspapers, magazeens, and web sites, and he could be a major threat.

Things To Change: Make him more report-ish, along with the oveous tech skills. Give him more magnetic abilities to make him 'strong', but not disgustenly so.

Role To Fit In: His underground newspapers, magazeens, and web site can act as some sort of supervillian temp service.

Re: Old Villians Made New

I'm a big fan of the Destruction Company from High Tech Enemies. They are mercs with a blend of thuggery and brains. I find that in the existing champs U you have one or the other but rarely both.

-They are one of the strongest themed *teams* in Champions History (Identical Power Armor w/Construction theamed attachments)

-Their leader is smart enough to keep the team from doing anything really stupid

-Their primary motivation is to make money by blowing things up.

-They have the expertise to actually do this, with a gadgeteer, 2 demolitions experts, and two demi-bricks.

-When the heros try to foil them, the whole team is tough enought to fight back. And if they unleash Livewire, it's the heros who may be in trouble.

There are lots of teams that have master plans or grand motives. But when you want your master villian to hire somebody to blow up hoover dam, there just isn't anybody in the existing CU who specializes in that sort of thing. Or if they do, they fold as soon as the EBs start flying. Not the Decon Crew!

The Amazing Darklon now here was a dumb character.

basically he was a Darkness controller who believed that there was a particle called a Darklon, and that light was the absence of Darklons.

His other quirk was a belief that the Cardboard black lightning bolt he wore on his head was the source of his powers.

He would fit right in to DC-TAS.

Old-school Deathstroke. Mutant brothers. Grizzled merc gadgeteer. Superstrong ex-mafioso. Evil bug guy mad scientist. Agents. Giant cyborg ants. Fake mind control, dress thugs up as supervillains, dress supervillains up as cops. Several nutjobs balanced by several practical sorts. Great group. :thumbup:

Did I mention the giant cyborg ants?

Potential world-class threat that isn't a single megavillain, isn't Eurostar, and isn't just a faceless organization like VIPER. Diverse backgrounds and abilities enable them to have fingers in many pies at once (and thus many ways for PC's to get involved).

No you didn't. And nobody ever will. :slap:

giantcyborgantsgiantcyborgantsgiantcyborgantsgiantcyborgantsgiantcyborgants

giantcyborgants

Rock! :D

Deathstroke got a makeover in the 4e Champions Universe sourcebook... literally. They hired a PR consultant, and he recommended name changes and costume updates. He also recommended they get a female member to up the sex appeal factor, and, well, his daughter just happened to be a supervillain mentalist... :)

IIRC, Deathsinger got a new look as "Requiem" ('No more hyperactive rants! You must learn to project a more brooding, intellectual facade!), Frost became "Chiller" ('Frost wasn't bad, mind you, it's just that Chiller sounds more homicidal'), Arrowhead became "Shockwave" ('My God! What ever prompted you to take such a silly name in the first place! Here's a name and look *much* more appropriate to a brick...'), Stinger and Death Commando remained mostly the same ('You guys don't need to update much, your names already did well in the polls'), and they were joined by their new member Scatterbrain.

Another group I wouldn't mind seeing again, although I am not sure if they are ICE or not, is WITCH. They were the group composed entirely of female supervillians except for the one mysterious guy who had been helping them out from time to time. I am not sure exactly why they did it, but to get his background you had to write Hero games and ask for it (the first 'special secret page') I had heard everything from it being a publicity stunt to them simply forgetting to include it in the book.

I'm a big fan of the Destruction Company from High Tech Enemies. They are mercs with a blend of thuggery and brains. I find that in the existing champs U you have one or the other but rarely both.

I doubt that Steve can do the Destruction Company again, cause it is from the ICE-age, but I am shure Steve can recreat the group, if thay need such a group.

Another group I wouldn't mind seeing again' date=' although I am not sure if they are ICE or not, is WITCH. They were the group composed entirely of female supervillians except for the one mysterious guy who had been helping them out from time to time. I am not sure exactly why they did it, but to get his background you had to write Hero games and ask for it (the first 'special secret page') I had heard everything from it being a publicity stunt to them simply forgetting to include it in the book.[/quote']

Acualy, the group your thinking of was PAGON, and there was more than one guy in the group (The Enigma being the one you had to write to ask about his true orgin, Mandablote, and The Godfather being the other two).

It was from Europiean Enimies, which ment that the writeups were not that good. But the group WAS the most inspiered of the book (which was not saying much).

I seem to remember finding a write up for her set several years after that adventure' date=' can't for the life of me remember exactly what website I found it at through.[/quote']

It was from the third party adventure Distopia.

Acualy, the group your thinking of was PAGON, and there was more than one guy in the group (The Enigma being the one you had to write to ask about his true orgin, Mandablote, and The Godfather being the other two).

It was from Europiean Enimies, which ment that the writeups were not that good. But the group WAS the most inspiered of the book (which was not saying much).

There was also a WITCH mentioned occasionally in the Really Early days. While my memory is fuzzy, I believe Gargoyle's origin was linked to them.

I doubt that Steve can do the Destruction Company again' date=' cause it is from the ICE-age, but I am shure Steve can recreat the group, if thay need such a group.[/quote']

They're one of my favorites from that era too. I got to unleash them on the Hollywood Knights when Sean (their creator) was playing in the group - the look on his face when he realized who he was fighting was truly priceless.

Ahh PAGON, I stand corrected :D

I didn't remember any other males in the group althrough I admit I had not looked at that book in a very very very long time. I do agree, I remember their background was far better then thier writeups.:nonp:

If you refer to the Gargoyle from the original Classic Enemies' date=' yes, it was. A one-line mention of 'stole an experimental mutagenic serum for WITCH, kept half of it herself and chugged it'.[/quote']

*nod* Yes, and I do beleve that PAGON has some ties to WITCH (being some sort of offshoot).