The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Yay for your yard being nearly done' date=' Bill. :D[/quote']

I'm not kidding about that BBQ thing when it's all done. People from other states may bow out, but attendence is required for those in Colorado. :)

And yay for DocO and I. Turns out we will be raising a gamer BOY instead of a gamer chick like I was hoping. :D Oh well. All is good.

Congrats! :cheers:

Yay for your raise' date=' Alice.[/quote']

Thanks. ^ v ^

And yay for DocO and I. Turns out we will be raising a gamer BOY instead of a gamer chick like I was hoping. :D Oh well. All is good.

Yay! Congrats!

Little boys aren't ALL bad. They typically cling to Mom a lot longer than little girls do, and, though more energetic, one at a time they're easier to handle than in small hordes.

So just don't have another within the next couple of years, you'll be fine. ^ v ^

Thanks. ^ v ^

Yay! Congrats!

Little boys aren't ALL bad. They typically cling to Mom a lot longer than little girls do, and, though more energetic, one at a time they're easier to handle than in small hordes.

So just don't have another within the next couple of years, you'll be fine. ^ v ^

Thanks!

And we don't plan on having another one till this one is at least 3. My SIL is pregnant with her second and due in December. My nephew will be 2 in October...so I'm sure she and my brother will have their hands full. :D

I'm not kidding about that BBQ thing when it's all done. People from other states may bow out, but attendence is required for those in Colorado. :)

Congrats! :cheers:

We'll be there provided Doc can get off work, as he works weekends. :D

Anad thanks!!

We had our two kids almost exactly 18 months apart (the boy born May 30 '95; the girl Dec 2 '96). My wife was hearing her biological clock loudly, and she'd lost her first pregnancy, so there was some urgency in the decision. Still, I don't recommend churning 'em out as fast as we did.

So the photoes from France are being developed and lo what do I get ? Something I thought was not taken !

We stood as a group outside a Chateau and had the staff take our photoes and there are two of the group in the latest set I have had back. Happy Tribble dance !

I'll post some of the France stuff as it is good a little later.

Yesterday, I indulged my inner geek. My two best friends and I played Basic D&D (the Moldvay "red box" edition), which was the first time in the last two or three years I've actually played or DMed an rpg. I ran B1: In Search of the Unknown. Then we ate pizza and watched some Doctor Who.

Best Saturday I've had in a long time.

Needed to have a good phone chat tonight and my Cousin called and invited me to her Daughter's Tupperware Party and we had a nice chat. I hope to see more of my Cousins this year than usual as I'm lucky if I see them once a year. :D
I'm going to Ireland to see relatives in about 6 weeks. For me it will be a once in a lifetime event. :D

On my way to work this morning, there was a teeny, tiny bunny by the side of the road, big enough to fit in my hand, nibbling on grass. It was completely nonplussed at the traffic whizzing by, and I almost didn't notice it, the grass being almost as tall as the bunny.

But it was very cute, and made me smile despite traffic and other ugly things. ^ v ^

Oh, and, despite our money troubles (or perhaps even because of them), Josh and I are doing quite well, relationship-wise. We spend more time together now that we carpool, we communicate well on planned purchases and the state of the budget, and we've found inexpensive ways to enjoy ourselves. It helps that he's made it a habit to do small, sweet little gestures, like not hopping into the shower and hogging the bathroom when I got up this morning. It's not like we run out of hot water or anything, but it helps me be motivated to get up if the bathroom's free when I stumble out of bed.

He's a wonderful husband. ^ v ^