The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

First whole day off from work in a long time (over six months).

And I spent it at a shopping event called Spirit of Christmas. Previously my mother has been with me but with the difficulties and uncertanties over getting a new place she decided not to visit.

Got Christmas presents for my mother, one of my cousins, friends and their kid. Also booze and cheese.

A good day.

And I am an uncle again!

The London contingent of my familly just birthed a boy! Theo Ransom. Is that not a cool name? I think so. he's gonna be a spy.

Theo Ransom is an Awesome McCoolName.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it sounds downright messianic when you think about it

Yesterday was the first day I had planned to be not doing moving either into or out of the old/new property and I went to the Wine Show. Did not get some of what I wanted but I did get Banoffee Vodka, Marsala wine and an Italian version of Port. Very nice. Met a guy who I saw at Spirit of Christmas the previous week and got mini Champagne bottles for a tenner each.

As the show was being held with Masterchef live I also saw Greg Wallace and John Torode (the judges of Masterchef), Christine Hamilton (wife of ex MP Neil Hamilton) and Andi 'Couldn't you just bash my face in with a coal shovel ?' Peters.

And tomorrow I have another day off work.

Do people try to sneak in to the steakhouse from the Mexican restaurant?

I would be so tempted to orchestrate that and film it, if I knew anybody who actually looked Mexican. :)

In other news, my wife found something interesting at Gamestop ... a DS cartridge (I can't call it a game) that consists of 100 books. If you don't know what you want to read, you can even prompt it to give you a little quiz that'll make recommendations based on things like genre and how long of a story you want to read. She frickin' loves it.

I would be so tempted to orchestrate that and film it, if I knew anybody who actually looked Mexican. :)

In other news, my wife found something interesting at Gamestop ... a DS cartridge (I can't call it a game) that consists of 100 books. If you don't know what you want to read, you can even prompt it to give you a little quiz that'll make recommendations based on things like genre and how long of a story you want to read. She frickin' loves it.

Nintendo has always been looking for unconventional uses for the DS and the Wii. The DS may have too small a screen to be much of an e-book reader, though.

Nintendo has always been looking for unconventional uses for the DS and the Wii. The DS may have too small a screen to be much of an e-book reader' date=' though.[/quote']

True, but the DSi seems to work pretty well; it does have a bigger screen, and the pages aren't just scanned and reduced, they made sure to keep the text big enough to be legible.