The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Happy that I have four new pairs of Converse. Found a sale at the Vegas outlet, so got three low tops there (Green, Red, and Blue) for $75 and then ordered a pair of bright blue high tops from Oddball shoes in Portland.

Even with more options than I used to, finding size 17 shoes is not easy.

My wife and I finally found the source of some friction between us, and got it taken care of. Basically, she didn't realize that I don't 'hint'.

For example, we pull up to a gas station, I look at her and ask "Who's pumping the gas?" I'm not trying to hint that I want her do to do, I'm asking 'who is doing it?' Telling me I'm the one who's doing it is a perfectly acceptable answer. If I wanted her to pump the gas, I'd say "Would you mind pumping the gas?"

last year just before Christmas while i was on holidays I sent two poetry books to a friend in England for the sole reason to cheer her up with something unexpected.

Today I received a surprise present back. :)

Totally feels awesome "just doing things because you can to make people's lives that bit brighter". :)

I thought my life was going lousy until I went to Benihana tonight and saw a paralyzed man wheeled in by his Mother. He was about 20, maybe less. His Mom had to feed him and has to clean and dress him too. I thought I had problems ? Seeing that young man was a reality check I needed which put my problems into perspective really quick.

I think from now on before I post in the Cranky Thread, I'll count my blessings instead.

Geeking out this morning. Was my turn to play in Words with Friend, and I noticed I had the letters for GRUES. S would be on a triple letter, G was on a double word, and the S (3x) would connect to JEAN. I thought, "No way is grue going to be in the dictionary." Decided to try it. Accepted for 36 pts!

At work yesterday I gave my HR person a form to fill out reporting my wages (for my rent recertification). It turns out that now that I'm working 20 hours per week I am eligible for paid time off and half holiday pay. So I'll have an extra $40 or so in my next paycheck for New Year's Day, plus I get to take the weekend off for Game Storm in March without taking much of a pay hit.

And there is a chance I'll be eligible for an Earned Income Credit payment on my refund when I do my taxes next month.

At work yesterday I gave my HR person a form to fill out reporting my wages (for my rent recertification). It turns out that now that I'm working 20 hours per week I am eligible for paid time off and half holiday pay. So I'll have an extra $40 or so in my next paycheck for New Year's Day, plus I get to take the weekend off for Game Storm in March without taking much of a pay hit.

And there is a chance I'll be eligible for an Earned Income Credit payment on my refund when I do my taxes next month.

That's good news. The EIC has really helped us some years.

That's good news. The EIC has really helped us some years.

How long does it generally take these days to process an electronically-filed tax return and get the refund (assuming I'm entitled to one)? If I do get one it will make paying for Game Storm a lot easier. the convention is in mid-March and my plan is to file my return as close to February 1st as I possibly can. If I do get money, it and my savings will help quite a bit in paying my expenses (hopefully sharing a hotel room can reduce some of those, but I've had no luck so far finding roomies). It will be nice to go to the annual Portland game convention and have actual money to buy things with if it works out that way.