The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

It is en route! And thanks to you and Bazaa. :)

I won't get any good stories though, unless folks here are riveted by statistical economic analysis. :ugly:

Who's this "Bazaa" I keep hearing about? :confused:

And I'm studying Accounting Theory. Statistical economic analysis is pretty close to what we are studying: Political Economy Theory, Legitimacy Theory, Stakeholder Theory, Positive Accounting Theory has its basis in economics for instance. Riviting stuff.

After getting cranky earlier, I went downstairs with The Missus and rocked out on Guitar Hero for an hour or so, then switched to the real instruments. I hadn't played in a few weeks, and maybe I should not play more often, because I was picking up new songs at a record pace tonight.

There was also beer. And a Judas Priest concert on VH-1 Classic.

Cranky no more.

After getting cranky earlier, I went downstairs with The Missus and rocked out on Guitar Hero for an hour or so, then switched to the real instruments. I hadn't played in a few weeks, and maybe I should not play more often, because I was picking up new songs at a record pace tonight.

There was also beer. And a Judas Priest concert on VH-1 Classic.

Cranky no more.

Sounds like a productive evening. Hey anyone out in herodom have a left handed electric Guitar they want to part with? I've been putting off learning to play for decades...

Sounds like a productive evening. Hey anyone out in herodom have a left handed electric Guitar they want to part with? I've been putting off learning to play for decades...

Let me check around. We don't have any at the house, but The Missus tends to come into instruments. Much like my overloaded shelves of RPGs I may or may not get around to playing, we have a certain degree of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Of course, if you're primarily concerned with something to mess around on, you should be able to get a leftie Squier (Fender second stringer) with an amp for cheap at Guitar Center.

Also, "Guitar Hero" rocks. I hate video games as a rule. This one has me hooked.

I think I'm gonna get the Mrs more smutty romance novels to read... :D

And do we wanna know why?

Ummm...maybe...*thinks about it*...no...on the other hand, that might be TMI for some of us.

Anywho. Yay for mom having a craving for junk food...Funyons...Pretzel Flips...Pringels...mmmmmmmmm.

Took the kids to the beach twice last weekend; hereabouts there was a pretty low tide about noon both days.

My daughter in particular had a blast. She delights in marine life. She caught (!) coon shrimp, tidepool sculpins, gunnels, several types of crabs, other crustaceans, etc. One of the gunnels got her with one of its spines, that was worth a "huh" at most.

I got my first sunburn of the year ... the "sandal hole" on the top of my feet.

Star the Freedom Kitten has determined that my keyboard is the most comfortable place in the house. She came close to making a post to the Chaiku thread.

I'm not sure if this goes in the cranky thread or here. Cute but annoying, so here it is.

I have been concerned about finishing my Uni assignment which is due next Monday, and wishing I had an extra week to do it. I just re-read the question to make sure I am on the right track because I won't have time to re-do it and as I did so I noticed the due date. The schedule we were given at the start of the semester said Assignment 2 would be due on 22 May but the due date on the Assignment itself is 29 May. I double-checked the schedule on the course website and it's been updated, that is the correct date. Woohoo! I have the extra week I wanted!

Wearing jeans in the middle of the week because your boss told you to is utterly awsome. Even more so when the PITA (pain in the ***) whose been wearing jeans twice a week looks at you in a suspicious manner when she sees you in jeans.