The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

What year is it? And you'll need to run OS10.4 to run HDv3 (the Java Requirements) so if it doesn't come with that version of the OS prepare to factor that into the cost.

It was a used ...er G4 I think? Good call though. I hope upgrading is not too expensive, but I'm willing to go a 100 or so higher to make it work.

It was a used ...er G4 I think? Good call though. I hope upgrading is not too expensive' date=' but I'm willing to go a 100 or so higher to make it work.[/quote']

OSX 10.4.6 is $129. Make sure it has a DVDROM or better or getting that OS won't do you any good (It should have at least a DVDROM, I don't think anything after the last G3 has just a CDR).

The interview went pretty well. Took 2-2.5 hours, I interviewed with 5 different people. The first four went really well -- talked about my experience, ways I would approach a problem, that sort of thing. Got to show off my portfolio. The final interview was with the big boss -- the director for the project. I didn't feel that one went very well. He was very serious, almost entirely emotionless, and I couldn't seem to establish a rapport with him. I think I did OK answering the questions, but there was little empathic connection.

Anyway, this was a second interview at this company, so they liked me well enough the first time to call me in again.

Still, I'm hoping that the interview I did last week for a different company pays off -- they're much closer to home, and I'm starting to get tired of driving 100+ miles every day. :)

The interview went pretty well. Took 2-2.5 hours, I interviewed with 5 different people. The first four went really well -- talked about my experience, ways I would approach a problem, that sort of thing. Got to show off my portfolio. The final interview was with the big boss -- the director for the project. I didn't feel that one went very well. He was very serious, almost entirely emotionless, and I couldn't seem to establish a rapport with him. I think I did OK answering the questions, but there was little empathic connection.

Anyway, this was a second interview at this company, so they liked me well enough the first time to call me in again.

Still, I'm hoping that the interview I did last week for a different company pays off -- they're much closer to home, and I'm starting to get tired of driving 100+ miles every day. :)

GO BUNNY!

My employment agency is arranging a job interview for me with a client next week. I think I'm the only candidate put forward, so I don't think I have any competition.

This job might start immediately after my current contract ends. Worse case, there will be a short gap between them, and I could do with the break - excluding public holidays, I have only had 3 days off over Xmas, plus two sick days last month, and I started here a year ago this week!

This new job will pay more as well.

My employment agency is arranging a job interview for me with a client next week. I think I'm the only candidate put forward, so I don't think I have any competition.

This job might start immediately after my current contract ends. Worse case, there will be a short gap between them, and I could do with the break - excluding public holidays, I have only had 3 days off over Xmas, plus two sick days last month, and I started here a year ago this week!

This new job will pay more as well.

Good Luck!

As of this afternoon, it is official. I am a permanent employee of Lockheed-Martin! My "first day" is Monday, even though it will be the beginning of my 7th month on site at the Bureau of Economic Analysis (Under the DOC).

After 4 years of 6 month jobs that "Might lead to something", I've done my time and now I can be a happily and permanently employed subcontractor of the US Department of Commerce, through Lockheed-Martin.

The 20% raise sure as heck didn't hurt either. ;)

Absolutely. :D

In the short term on the lonely heart angle, I'll just keep working out and eating like a...hmmmm...I was going to say bird, but I understand they actually eat a lot. Okay, eating lkike a guy trying to drop some more weight before pool season. ;)

Absolutely. :D

In the short term on the lonely heart angle, I'll just keep working out and eating like a...hmmmm...I was going to say bird, but I understand they actually eat a lot. Okay, eating lkike a guy trying to drop some more weight before pool season. ;)

congrats

As of this afternoon, it is official. I am a permanent employee of Lockheed-Martin! My "first day" is Monday, even though it will be the beginning of my 7th month on site at the Bureau of Economic Analysis (Under the DOC).

The 20% raise sure as heck didn't hurt either. ;)

Grats, Prod! :cheers: I was a subcontractor for LM for a year and a half. Working on the SBIRS project. Oh, the stories I could tell! :lol:

Bill.

(Now, send some of that Good Employment Karma my way, would you?) :D

Grats, Prod! :cheers: I was a subcontractor for LM for a year and a half. Working on the SBIRS project. Oh, the stories I could tell! :lol:

Bill.

(Now, send some of that Good Employment Karma my way, would you?) :D

It is en route! And thanks to you and Bazaa. :)

I won't get any good stories though, unless folks here are riveted by statistical economic analysis. :ugly: