The Montauk Project

Susano

Re: The Montauk Project

It took some time to realize it was there.

And then sitting down and going through it. :eek:

Well, I'm glad someone liked it.

I read your Montauk Project writeup last night. Very nice work. But curse you, now I've had to add the Philadelphia Experiment and Montauk Project books to my reading backlog. :( I just don't have enough time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff here, Susano. This looks like something that I could use to establish a plotline that runs back into the Pulp era, especially if Tesla was involved; and how do we know when the research on the Project really started? And from the Pulp era, it can go forward to provide a rationale for Golden Age heroes and/or villains, Silver Age mad scientists and their schemes, and Bronze Age 'Retcon Playhouse presents' type stories.

Heck, if you use that 'shipped into the far future/far past', then the Project and its victims/volunteers could show up anywhen from the Turakian Age to Galactic Champions!

Great stuff here' date=' Susano. This looks like something that I could use to establish a plotline that runs back into the Pulp era, especially if Tesla was involved; and how do we know when the research on the Project [i']really[/i] started? And from the Pulp era, it can go forward to provide a rationale for Golden Age heroes and/or villains, Silver Age mad scientists and their schemes, and Bronze Age 'Retcon Playhouse presents' type stories.

Heck, if you use that 'shipped into the far future/far past', then the Project and its victims/volunteers could show up anywhen from the Turakian Age to Galactic Champions!

Oh yeah, the Montauk Project is an amazing cross-genre plot piece waiting to happen.

Again with the references' date=' the Duncan Cameron (and the Montauk Chair) history served as some inspiration for the Necroscope (and Psychomech) novels by Brian Lumley. Recommended reading for those who like their pulpy stuff.[/quote']

Read the Necroscope (love those Wamphyri!) and Titus Crow (heroic fantasy pulp superheroes meet the Cthulhu Mythos! YES!0, but I never read any of the Psychomech series. Just how do they stack up against Necroscope or Crow?

Great stuff, Michael.

I live about sixty miles or so away from Camp Hero. It is now open to the public (since 2002). One of my friends actually met Preston Nichols (or went to a presentation he did, not sure which). He told me that the guy is a total nutbar. But The Montauk Project is great, imaginative stuff.

You've been repped. :thumbup:.

Okay ! I (or rather my housemate) managed to uncover the Peter Moon Montauk books that we have. The titles are " "The Montauk Project ","Montauk Revisited","Pyramids of Montauk","Montauk:The Alien Connection", "Encounter In The Pleides:An Inside Look At UFOs", and"The Black Sun". I haven't gotten around to actually reading them yet but they all look as if they could have useful gaming ideas; particularly the last one which is subtitled "Montauk's Nazi-tibetan connection" Published by "Sky Books" 1997.

Okay ! I (or rather my housemate) managed to uncover the Peter Moon Montauk books that we have. The titles are " "The Montauk Project "' date='"Montauk Revisited","Pyramids of Montauk","Montauk:The Alien Connection", "Encounter In The Pleides:An Inside Look At UFOs", and"The Black Sun". I haven't gotten around to actually reading them yet but they all look as if they could have useful gaming ideas; particularly the last one which is subtitled "Montauk's Nazi-tibetan connection" Published by "Sky Books" 1997.[/quote']

Good lord! Sounds like you have a whole Pulp Hero game right there!

Okay ! I (or rather my housemate) managed to uncover the Peter Moon Montauk books that we have. The titles are " "The Montauk Project "' date='"Montauk Revisited","Pyramids of Montauk","Montauk:The Alien Connection", "Encounter In The Pleides:An Inside Look At UFOs", and"The Black Sun". I haven't gotten around to actually reading them yet but they all look as if they could have useful gaming ideas; particularly the last one which is subtitled "Montauk's Nazi-tibetan connection" Published by "Sky Books" 1997.[/quote']

For more Nazi Tibetans, you might want to check out Trevor Ravenscroft's unintentionally hilarious Spear of Destiny, about the Nazi-Tibetan-Agharta connection. He missed out on Montauk, though; or maybe he decided that some truths were never meant to unleashed upon unready mankind...

Back in junior high, I read the novelization of Total Recall, by Piers Anthony, whom I used to be a big fan of. The "The Solar System Defense" found in the pyramid on Mars, is explained as being placed there by an intergalactic race that can only view reality from the perspective of good and bad, right and wrong, on and off, and so on in a strange ultra-polarized cosmically diametric context of extreme contrasts.

The device is designed to generate an atmosphere on Mars, just as is featured in the movie, and it is basically a gift to humanity buy the aliens. If the device were destroyed, as was the intension of the Financial Corperation that was doing all the mining on Mars, a secondary chain reaction would have caused the Sun to go supernova, or something, wiping out the Solar System and everything in it. The alien reasoning behind this, was the rationale that if humanity was given the potential to transform another planet into a habitable environment, and choose to instead destroy that potential, humanity was flawed, and shouldn't exist. There was no gray area according to the aliens.

I've repped you once for this Thread, which I have found very inspiring; and I'll probably rep you a few more times in the future. Thanks bunches. :hail:

~ Mister E

Edit: I'm copying this whole Thread to a personal Word Document on my computer.

For more Nazi Tibetans' date=' you might want to check out Trevor Ravenscroft's unintentionally hilarious [i']Spear of Destiny[/i], about the Nazi-Tibetan-Agharta connection. He missed out on Montauk, though; or maybe he decided that some truths were never meant to unleashed upon unready mankind...
I have (and moreover have actually read!) "The Spear Of Destiny". I also have the "sequel" by Ravenscroft and Tim Wallace-Murphy "The Mark Of The Beast", but I haven't got around to reading it yet .

(In the style of The Question Man)

The Nazi Connection with Tibet:

http://www.berzinarchives.com/kalachakra/nazi_connection_shambhala_tibet.html

http://www.shout.net/~bigred/Tibet.html

Seven Years in Tibet chronicles the journeys of Heinrich Harrer, who was a Nazi; it's been turned into a movie, starring Brad Pitt:

http://www.smithsonianmag.si.edu/smithsonian/issues97/oct97/harrer.html

Of course, many scholars of Tibetan mysticism object to the idea of a connection between Nazi occultism and their faith:

http://www.shamballaschool.org/Shamballa/HitlerShamballa.htm

Ultimately, the Nazis may have been interested in the idea of the Hollow Earth, which had a great deal of credibility at the time:

http://www.unmuseum.org/hollow.htm

One should also mention the expedition of Ernst Schäfer to Tibet in 1938:

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/history/n-s/nazimyths.html

Great links, AlHazred!

I just got done reading Himmler's Crusade, by Christopher Hale, which I'd definitely recommend to anyone interested in the subject of Nazi exploration of Tibet. If I'd read it before writing PH the section on Tibet in PH would probably be twice as long; the book has a lot of great details about Tibet's governance and politics.

• 2 weeks later...

Great links, AlHazred!

I just got done reading Himmler's Crusade, by Christopher Hale, which I'd definitely recommend to anyone interested in the subject of Nazi exploration of Tibet. If I'd read it before writing PH the section on Tibet in PH would probably be twice as long; the book has a lot of great details about Tibet's governance and politics.

Yeah ! I haven't read that one yet but King (in "Satan and the Swastika") and Brennan (in "Occult Reich") both seem to make a good deal of the nazi/tibet connection.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...