The World of Kong

Susano

The World of Kong: A Natural History of Skull Island

1416505199.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1416505199/qid=1133587629/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-4699423-2706403?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

This hardback book is basically an "artbook" of production paintings by the Weta Workshop crew. However, it is put together like a "real world" guidebook to Skull Island, covering the basics of the island's layout, geography, ecosystems, and fauna. Thus, it's a "must-read" for anyone who wants to run a lost-world adventure and either needs some ideas of creatures and monsters to put in it, or simply wants to use Skull Island "as-is" and let the PCs chase after Kong.

I really liked the book myself, and will probably do some HERO character sheets for some of the more interesting denizens of Skull Island. As the book gives animal lengths, hunting methods, skeletal structures, and the like, one can easily adapt animals from the HSB and turn them into the Skull Island equivalents.

Re: The World of Kong

Well if and when you do create them, I and probably many others will await the reading of the write-up.;)

And thanks for the heads-up on the book. I have to admit I occasionally deviate from my usual miserly tendencies and splurge to buy books like that of similar nature.:)

I saw that book in the bookstore the other day myself. I definitely want it (after I see the movie)' date=' but I'll wait and see if it pops up in some of my discount book catalogs. It's not vital enough research material for me to get right away, but I will get it eventually. ;)[/quote']

I had a 25% off coupon from Borders, so.... :D

Oh, and even if Kong is gone from Skull Island in your world, simply trying to capture some of the other stuff is adventure enough!

Another cool point on the building - Kong holds onto a Derigeable Dock, the 86th floor of the building was built as a depature lounge as well as including ticket booths.

the idea was never realized for a lot of reasons - but a Pulp Game could certainly make that an active and useable blimp dock.

Another cool point on the building - Kong holds onto a Derigeable Dock, the 86th floor of the building was built as a depature lounge as well as including ticket booths.

the idea was never realized for a lot of reasons - but a Pulp Game could certainly make that an active and useable blimp dock.

Installed by Doc Savage for his own personal use. :)

Installed by Doc Savage for his own personal use. :)

Actually, the Wold Newtoners (and my home campaign) go farther and claim that while Doc and crew were unfortunately out of town during Kong's rampage (or I'm sure they'd have taken care of the whole matter briskly), Kong was actually shot down by none other than G-8 and his Battle Aces. dw

After battling" flying dragons, legions of defrosted vikings,invisible monsters, zombies and hordes of giant , man carrying bats from the Matto Grosso" a little thing like a giant ape on the Empire State Building would have seemed pretty tame to "G8 and his Battle Aces" ! (Quote is from "The Great Pulp Heroes" by Don Hutchison Pp 61)

After battling" flying dragons' date=' legions of defrosted vikings,invisible monsters, zombies and hordes of giant , man carrying bats from the Matto Grosso" a little thing like a giant ape on the Empire State Building would have seemed pretty tame to "G8 and his Battle Aces" ! (Quote is from "The Great Pulp Heroes" by Don Hutchison Pp 61)[/quote']

Maybe they were training the rookies that day.