Any interest in V&V converted to Champions?

proditor

Yes, I've converted a metric ton of characters, but what I'm really asking is this: I recently got permission to use the V&V timeline, slightly altered, to reflect what the game world was like for all of those characters I converted. I've been idly pondering revamping the webpage to reflect the full V&V world. It would include guidelines for running there as well as the main groups like CHESS and Intercrime. There would be the benchmarks (Like in the CU, "Grond is the strongest there is!" sort of stuff) and as much background material as I can be bothered to type. ;)

So the question is, would anyone even bother to look at it? Heck, I can just convert the last 12 or so module characters I have left and take a hiatus until I decide to plunder the villain books more thoroughly, but this seemed like a nifty idea. Anyway, feedback requested.

Guest Major Tom

Re: Any interest in V&V converted to Champions?

I'd definitely give it a good look. V&V is the oldest superhero RPG currently in

my posession, and I've recently taken it out to see which characters I'd like

to convert over to FREd format. While I don't have all of the adventure books,

I do have most of the 'Enemies'-type books.

Major Tom :cool:

Yes, I've converted a metric ton of characters, but what I'm really asking is this: I recently got permission to use the V&V timeline, slightly altered, to reflect what the game world was like for all of those characters I converted. I've been idly pondering revamping the webpage to reflect the full V&V world. It would include guidelines for running there as well as the main groups like CHESS and Intercrime. There would be the benchmarks (Like in the CU, "Grond is the strongest there is!" sort of stuff) and as much background material as I can be bothered to type. ;)

So the question is, would anyone even bother to look at it? Heck, I can just convert the last 12 or so module characters I have left and take a hiatus until I decide to plunder the villain books more thoroughly, but this seemed like a nifty idea. Anyway, feedback requested.

I'd be there like a preteen on a boy band.

Count me in as well ... and if you need help or just someone to bounce off ideas, just gimme a shout :)

Count me in as well ... and if you need help or just someone to bounce off ideas' date=' just gimme a shout :)[/quote']

Cool, and I may take you up on that. :D

Well, it seems like there is enough interest, so once I finish one more DH article (Ain't it always the way...) I'll start in on the rough draft and start begging for help. ;)

Count me in as well. I love seeing change-overs of some villians I remeber fighting. VnV was my first superhero game I played in and the GM had ALL the modules. The Most Wanted books were very cool and I would love to see some of the villians from those books stated out (ex Super Nova, Arachnos and Mountain Man)

Jerome

I'm interested. I always would pick up V&V modules when I found them to see what I might be able to use (characters, plots) in my own Champions games. Plus, one of our college groups even played V&V for a bit. My character - the Flying Fury - was a blonde circus acrobat turned hero (she was fun to play). One of our players was an aspiring artist, so I got a really cool color picture from him of her (still have it somewhere after 23 years - need to get it framed or something).

Well, if anyone hasn't seen this yet, drop by to look at my (roughly) 186 V&V character conversions over at my page: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/vandv/vandvindex.htm

PS: Mountain Man is indeed there, though you have to look in..well, the goofballs section. ;)

Repped and added to my bookmarks. Really brings back memories. :)

Is Jeff Dee's new game worth picking up?

Since you're able to use some of the timeline' date=' are you also going to be using art for the write-ups?[/quote']

I haven't broached that subject as yet, and I'm admittedly a little nervous. I think if I confined it to more background montages, I could probably get away with it. Either way, I have a mail to Mister Dee all prepared. ;)

EDIT: Much to my chagrin, I haven't really taken a long look at Living Legends. What I saw looked just fine, but with approaching age, I'm starting to fall into the "No new systems!" curmudgeon mode.

EDIT: Much to my chagrin, I haven't really taken a long look at Living Legends. What I saw looked just fine, but with approaching age, I'm starting to fall into the "No new systems!" curmudgeon mode.

That's kind of where I am at this point. ;)