Primus Question, no flamebait, sewiouswy.

Knightraven

Yesterday, I was posting to my online game as the GM and I wanted to have a Primus Agent at the meeting. I didn't have my Primus book handy and I also wasn't sure I wanted a full-fledged Silver Avenger at a police meeting in coastal Mississippi.

So, I created, on the fly, a new level of Avenger, the Bronze. The idea is that the Bronze Avengers are one per state and are the top of the top, much like Silver Avengers. The difference? They are Avengers that, for one reason or another, are physically unable to use Cyberline.

They are given a suit that gives them hardwire connections between a visor and their weapons, small gadget pool, and the suit is wired to improve their reaction time. A small bonus to Str as well.

-I haven't decided whether the name I put on her badge, Bishop, is a codename or her lastname..

Anyway, I was wondering if adding this level to Primus messes with me using the stuff from the book too much?

(She can't use Cyberline because she is allergic to it.)

Also, any ideas for other reasons a body might reject Cyberline?

I was thinking, Diabetic, Anemic, or even just genetically incompatable. Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

I have no problem with the concept. While I haven't seen the latest installment of PRIMUS, then who has, I like the idea of a level between agent and Silver Avenger.

I've always liked PRIMUS and use it much more than UNTIL. A member of the main NPC hero group I use, has a feud going with the Golden Avenger. He's usually refered to as that arrogant a**, they just don't get along :D

Originally posted by tiger

I have no problem with the concept. While I haven't seen the latest installment of PRIMUS, then who has, I like the idea of a level between agent and Silver Avenger.

Heh! I'm fairly sure someone besides me has seen it.

There are levels between agents and Avengers. Agent Commanders, Special Agents in charge...it just depends on if they're assault agents (beefed up with Cyberline) or intelligence agents (more skill-based than combat-based). Additionally, Avengers have staff of their own, composed of different types of agents who are more powerful/skillful than the standard agent.

-Shelley

I've always liked PRIMUS and use it much more than UNTIL. A member of the main NPC hero group I use, has a feud going with the Golden Avenger. He's usually refered to as that arrogant a**, they just don't get along :D

If we're talking about Kaufmann, my character one punched him on a live tv feed once.

They really didn't like each other.

D

Funny that you mention a Bronze Avenger...waaay back in the Day, when Classic Organizations came out, I decided I wanted to play a Silver Avenger. The GM said (much to his credit) "No F'n way are you getting a base and agents to command." So I came up with the Bronze Avenger concept. These were guys who had successfully undergone Cyberline treatments, but for one reason or another, weren't given an office to command. They were used as reinforcements for offices that had a abnormal level of superhuman (such as the campaign city at the time). So I got to play my Avenger, Mason "Mace" Kirby (think Nick Fury, not very original..but a lot of fun to play). After I retired the character, he was eventually promoted to SA and still is in that campaign today.

Golden Avenger is dead in my campaign. He was executed for his crimes. It's been awhile since that happened so I don't recall while he was executed. I was player at the time and had the pleasure of hitting him with an Area Effect APx2 attack. What, he has 2x Stun/Body from AP attacks? Aww, too bad. He was Stunned, Out, Injured and almost killed in that attack. Being a federal agent, my character had someone else check to see if he was alive and continued the fight with G.A.'s flunkies.

You know, from the description in the original post, the Bronze Avengers sound like elite Iron Guard agents. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable addition to PRIMUS to me, especially if there's been some scientific advances in your game world since PRIMUS was founded -- rebuiding all the Iron Guard suits would be way too expensive, building only 50 (probably spread out over a few years) Bronze Avenger suits wouldn't be quite as budget-breaking.

Originally posted by JmOz

ShelleyCM,

What is the current status of PRIMUS? are you in the process of rewriting it for 5th? If so how far along are you?

It's in the works, but it isn't on the production schedule yet. Basically, Steve wants me to finish law school first... and for that matter, so do I!

-Shelley

In my campaign, Bronze Avengers are supers less powerful than Silver Avengers that act as extra-heavy hitters for Iron Guard and Assault teams. Usually they are top Assault Agents selected for a streamlined (cheaper) version of the Silver Avenger treatment--either they were not compatible with the full treatment or the funding was just not available. Some were prospective Silver Avengers on whom the treatment was less successful than normal. Most of the rest are really good Martial Artists or Gun Bunnies, but now I'm stealing the brilliant idea of having advanced Iron Guard suited Bronze Avengers. If a player wanted to play a Bronze Avenger, I would entertain pretty much any origin: the FBI has supersoldiers it didn't make itself, why not PRIMUS?

In a related vein, my PRIMUS is involved in the Legacy Project, a scheme to use the Bronze Avenger treatment combined with special training and gadgets to create heroes that appear to be independent but report to PRIMUS. The usual tack is to pick a historical super and use their name and "theme" as the basis of a new hero. Want to put a Legacy Project super in Millenium City? There's a new Mr X in town!

These guys love to join established hero teams or even inspire independent heroes to start their own. They bring alot to any team, including special skills (alot of these guys are more skilled than Silver Avengers, often having done a tour in another branch of Primus than their original one), contacts (PRIMUS, natch), and resources (whatever their secret PRIMUS budget allows). They make great player characters for those that enjoy running a character with divided loyalties. The one that I used in my campaign was Chicago's new Knight Owl, really an intelligence agent turned Iron Guard operating an experimental flying armor suit.

Instead of anything like the Bronze Avenger you are describing. I just make the leaders of the assault teams and iron guard teams meaner and tougher than the regular agents.

ShelleyCM: Can't wait for more PRIMUS(one of the best supplements I've ever read).

John Spencer

I like some of the stuff going back and forth, especially the Iron Guard replacement. I'll change the name from Bronze Avenger to Iron Avenger, I'm thinking.

They don't lead assault teams as a standard, in my game. The are like a state marshal, going statewide, overseeing investigations and operations, interfacing with local police and heroes and generally making Primus a good name to cops and supers alike. Well, and a more feared name amongst the small time supervillains that think they run a little one-horse town.

Originally posted by JohnOSpencer

Instead of anything like the Bronze Avenger you are describing. I just make the leaders of the assault teams and iron guard teams meaner and tougher than the regular agents.

ShelleyCM: Can't wait for more PRIMUS(one of the best supplements I've ever read).

John Spencer

He's not joking. The leader of our normal PRIMUS assault group could drop most of the PCs.

Funny thing is he's pretty much a normal. He has one mutation that I've seen 'Teleportation' he just kinda ports into a pack of guys and unloads with 2 pistols Jon Woo style. The Mookinator as we've nicknamed him. He's just go a butt load of skills modifiers.

Jack Shields is the man :)

Just to clear things up.

In my campaign PRIMUS has started accepting minor superhumans and letting them rise to just under Silver Avenger.

The assault team leader in question is a mutant with minorly superhuman stats and a minor(and tiring) teleportational ability.

John Spencer

More OT ferret fun!

Marcus --

Thank you! Poor Llew is bald as a cue ball, except for a bit of hair on his face and feet. He's at least gained some weight, so he doesn't look like a skeleton with skin (Matthew was calling him Gollum-ferret). But he's gotten fiesty again! It's been a huge relief, as I don't care what he looks like, as long as he feels good.

We're very lucky to have a clinic that specializes in ferrets nearby; one of the vets also has her doctorate in pharmacology, so they do some amazing things.

-Shelley

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

A few questions for the everyone.

First, would PRIMUS accept, probably as an intelligence agent, a former intelligence agency operative that did a lot of black-bag work?

Second, in the campaign I'm developing, PRIMUS is adding superhero teams to its bases. Would the teams have their own PRIMUS-supplied staff?

Third, is PRIMUS ever asked to help protect the President? If so, which city does the protection come from, D.C. or the city closest to his destination?

Yours,

Mark Rand