Building the Animated Justice League

Pattern Ghost

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Only" 24 COM? This IS Wonder Woman we're talking about, after all. Va-Voom!

Well, she's a pretty flat character, one might even say she is two-dimensional. Badum bum. Ohhh, I kill myself.

Seriously though, she has never "done it" for me. Maybe it's the star-spangled diaper, or the coiled domination gear hanging from her belt, or how the tiara just doesn't go, like at all, oh my gawd, with her other accessories. And those boots!

Hawkgirl is definetly the looker in the JLA, and after beating up the green lanterns in a bar fight!!! The wings say soft and angelic, the mace says grrrrrr baby! Rrrrrrar!

:D

Re: Nitpicks

Originally posted by Kevin Scrivner

I find the Desolidification for the bracelets an unusual construction. Why'd you choose that rather than the more typical Missile Deflection (bought to insane skill levels, of course)?

"Only" 24 COM? This IS Wonder Woman we're talking about, after all. Va-Voom!

When was the last time you saw her miss? Missile deflection is a way to do it, but It seems when she goes defensive that she does not get hit at all

Hmm... I wouldn't allow the DNPC disavd for 32 amazons. It just gets out of hand and they have never shown up on the show needing help (except to track down the rogue Amazon).

Also, I would advise against the desolid power since she is then affected by beams with the affect desolid advantage though that makes no sense with her SFX.

Ego and PRE should get boosted if possible.

Hmm... I wouldn't allow the DNPC disavd for 32 amazons. It just gets out of hand and they have never shown up on the show needing help (except to track down the rogue Amazon).

Also, I would advise against the desolid power since she is then affected by beams with the affect desolid advantage though that makes no sense with her SFX.

Ego and PRE should get boosted if possible.

The other possibility,and standard construction I've seen used in reference to her in the past (and Cap's shield, too, for instance) is to make it Armor (or maybe Force Field) with a high activation roll. High activation allows it to work on a regular basis, and with an additional flaw of needing to see the attack, means the power will be cheaper than insanely high levels of Missile Deflection.

Don

Originally posted by Powerhouse

Actually they show up in the two parter when her mother and all the amazons are turned to stone by some mage(whose name I don't remember).

John Spencer

Originally posted by JohnOSpencer

Actually they show up in the two parter when her mother and all the amazons are turned to stone by some mage(whose name I don't remember).

So in the first season out of 22 episodes the amazons figured in 4 or 18% of the time. An 8- seems reasonable.

A few thoughts:

Superman is like a WWF wrestler in most of the fights. He gets slapped around a lot, but just when you think he's on the ropes he comes back and triumphs. High Recovery, Regeneration, or even Aid (Aid to STUN, only when at 1/4 STUN or less and Aid to BODY, only when at 1/2 BODY or less).

I would design Wonder Woman's bracelets with both Missile Deflection, and Armor on an Activation roll. That should adequately simulate them without a clunky use of Desolid.

Both Flash and Superman should have SuperSpeed. The difference is that Superman just uses it to get from one place to another in the blink of an eye (Teleport?). Flash does virtually anything you can think of with it - disassembling machines, creating air vortexes, etc.

As far as resistant defenses go, look and see who gets bloody in the combats. Superman, surprisingly, sheds more blood than anyone else in the JL, even though he can bounce bullets. On the flip side, the Flash hardly ever takes BODY damage, even though he routinely trips/is tripped while running at supersonic speeds. Makes you wonder...

I din't think Desolid is clunky, to be honest I think Missile Deflection is obsessing with a F/X over what it does

What have we seen her do with it in the show: AVOID ALL DAMAGE: what powers allow this:

Missile Deflection

DCV Bonus

Desolid

Force Wall

Has she ever gotten hit while using it: I don't recall her ever being hit when she is trying to block, the only one that has that acuracy is desolid & Force Wall

Now I will admit I had not thought of FW when I did it, However it is an interesting idea that I am exploring for v2.0

Originally posted by J4y

The Lasso: What's up with the Lasso? Seems to have lost its umph. Has anyone seen the truth power yet? Or the "you can't remove it" power?

Pretty sure she has stated it's unbreakable. There has also been at least one case of the lasso being irretrievably lost but she uses it again in the next scene, so she can't lose it. Seems like it's just being used for it's range, entangle and as a non-killing way of dealing with normals.

The big critter on New Genesis broke the Lasso...

Good episode...but when's the next one???

Manhunter was definately flexing some brickly might too. I'd guess he was using his DI to boost his STR in the Braniac-fest. Maybe put him around 40-50 plus some DI levels.

Animated Wonder Woman

Player:

Val Char Cost
60 STR 50
25 DEX 45
25 CON 30
17 BODY 14
13 INT 3
12 EGO 4
15 PRE 5
22 COM 6
25 PD 10
20 ED 12
5 SPD 15
20 REC 6
50 END 0
60 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM012" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 200

Cost Power END
18 Magic Lasso: Stretching 6", Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4)
30 Flight: Flight 10", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages +1/2) (30 Active Points) 3
27 Enchanted Bracelets: +11 with DCV (55 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), May not Attack (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 75

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
3 Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
4 Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on
7 Weapon Element: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Bracelets, Clubs, Lariots, Polearms and Spears, Staffs
Martial Arts Cost: 25

Cost Skill
6 Animal Handler (Bovines, Canines, Equines, Felines, Raptors) 12-
3 Climbing 14-
3 Combat Driving 14-
2 KS: Greek Mythology 11-
2 KS: Ancient Greece 11-
4 Language: Ancient Greek (idiomatic)
2 Language: Greek (fluent conversation)
3 Navigation (Air, Marine) 12-
3 Riding 14-
2 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical) 12-
3 Tracking 12-
0 TF: Chariots, Equines
6 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Lariots, Staffs
Skills Cost: 39

Cost Perk
5 Fringe Benefit: Membership in the JL
Perks Cost: 5

Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
25 Hunted: Ares, Greek God of War 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
20 Hunted: Fury 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Amazon (Common; Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Naieve (Uncommon; Total)
30 Dependent NPC: Amazons 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Group DNPC: x32 DNPCs)
0 Dependent NPC: Mother 8- (As powerful as the PC; Useful noncombat position or skills)
15 Psychological Limitation: Over confident (Very Common; Moderate)
15 Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major
10 Social Limitation: Exiled (Occasionally; Severe; Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Okay I went with the DCV bonus because that is how you build a shield, by the F/X she is bouncing bullets, she can use Bracelets with her MA, this allows her to use the bonus from her Martial Dodge, to get a DCV of 23, not much can hit that in my experience...

I thought about just that, but decided that she could also use it for a form of "Ultra Block" vs some melee weapons (such as blocking swords with it) as she has almost no rDef, I thought she should have something to protect against HKA's or some thug with a knife is going to be really dangerous...

If they maintain comic book continuity, the reason Hawkgirl repulses Flash's interest -- other than he's a dork -- is that she's married to Carter Hall aka Hawkman, a reincarnated Egyptian prince/slumming alien detective depending on which version you use. With either backstory, Hawkgirl is still a sexy redhead with wings and a BIG mace.

Looks like she'd just tell Flash she's unavailable and be done with it. On the other hand, maybe she's the type that enjoys teasing men. Part of her whole macho woman with an ancient weapon thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To reserect this thread:

Let's sum up what we have seen Hawkgirl do so far:

Flight (Well Do'oh)

Borderline Super Strength

Massive Damage with Mace

Has she been able to survive in space unaided? What about flying in space?

Has she showned one iota of police skill yet?