[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

I'm working on two ideas right now. As I mentioned, a remake of Goliath is in the works, but I'm still looking for that 'hook.' I confess a love for hybrid concepts, and that's enough points to do it. But Pym particles plus...what? Still in conceptual mode.

The other is a concept I came up with for a JLA/Avengers hybrid between The Scarlet Witch and Green Arrow. I'll just switch it around and make it Scarlet Witch plus Hawkeye. Essentially, an archer with enchanted arrows; or a magician/hexxer that uses arrows to deliver effects. Depends on how you look at it :)

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I bog down in ways to express the Black Knight's gear satisfactorily, I lean more to the kid of Balder idea, though, to note, for his background I would be using Oeming's whole Ragnarok thing, which wiped out, well.. almost every damn body in Asgard and the connecting planes (Jotunheim and the like), have the char be a kid of Karnilla the Norn Queen and Balder's that grew up on his own in basically post apocalypse Asgard. General base stat buffness, a minor-ish magic pool, some degree of superstrength, and a ton of skills fighting and otherwise would likely be the general shtick.

Hrm.. I'm not sure how exactly you'd express summonable armour..

If the armor is instantly summonable, cannot be taken off of you, and will re-appear on you at will, then you simply buy Armor, no limitations, and call it a special effect of the power. (The fact that you are visibly a man in armor does not, by itself, qualify for OIHID at -1/4, that requires an additional limit as I briefly outline below. For more details, check yer 5e revised under "Only In Hero ID" for the full rundown.)

If you can conceivably be prevented from summoning the armor (such as by covering your mouth so you cannot speak the summoning word), *or* it takes you a full-phase action to summon it, but it can't be taken off of you without prolonged effort out of combat, then it qualifies as Only In Hero ID (-1/4).

If the armor can be taken off your unconscious body /and you can't resummon it until you get it back physically/, then that might quailfy for an additional -1/4 limitation, 'Physical Manifestation'. But that one's a DM call. (Technically, so are the first two, but they're DM calls likely to be granted in most campaigns as they're 'default' usage of the disad in question, straight from the book.)

I just had an idea, and it was to sweet not to share. If someone wants to go with this, I'd be all for it.

Luke Cage has a daughter (it could easily be Jessica Jones as the mother). The girl only inherits part of her dads strength and durability, so she's strong and tough, but not majory so. However, the girl gets definitive lessons in the art of self defense from her dads old friend, one Danny Rand. The girl decides to join the Avengers out of respect for her dad, and in honor of him and the training she got from Danny she calls herself Power Fist.:D

Kinda goofy, but the idea of a strong sista with powerful Kung Fu strikes the Foxy Brown fan in me as groovy as hell.

Not for my character, but a question: how difficult would it be for Ben Grimm (aka the Thing) to sire a child? What among anime fans would be referred to as "the Zelgadis Problem" certainly applies to Ben -- the alterations to his skin in particular would make physical intimacy difficult if not impossible. The Thing is usually drawn in such a way that it looks like he doesn't even HAVE genitalia, but that seems unlikely because Ben's personality would be very different had the accident destroyed his manhood completely.

Not for my character' date=' but a question: how difficult would it be for Ben Grimm (aka the Thing) to sire a child? [/quote']

I think it would be most likely to occur during one of his occasional periods of reversion to human.

Not that difficult, in other words.

Not for my character' date=' but a question: how difficult would it be for Ben Grimm (aka the Thing) to sire a child? [/quote']

Well, you can get around worrying about the "rocky issue" if you just have him sire the child during one of the various times he's plain old Ben Grimm. Hell, if I were him, I know what one of MY main priorities would be during those rare times. ;)

Well' date=' you can get around worrying about the "rocky issue" if you just have him sire the child during one of the various times he's plain old Ben Grimm. Hell, if I were him, I know what one of MY main priorities would be during those rare times. ;)[/quote']And if not, there are a few females who could handle the Thing.

And I'm well aware of how many ways that sentance can be taken.

I think it would be most likely to occur during one of his occasional periods of reversion to human.

Not that difficult, in other words.

Also had a son and a daughter in the MC2 reality.

Figure love, and biology, finds a way.

MARVEL

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

60 STR 50 21- Lift 102.4tons; 12d6 [6]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

30 CON 40 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

14 INT 4 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

18 COM 4 13-

15+15 PD 3 Total: 15/30 PD (15/30 rPD)

15+15 ED 9 Total: 15/30 ED (15/30 rED)

5 SPD 22 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 4

75 END 8

65 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 206

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 20"/320"

Leaping: 12"/24"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

50 Ion Vision: EB 10d6 5

55 True Flight: Flight 20", x16 Noncombat 5

Invulnerability

45 1) Armor (15 PD/15 ED)

15 2) Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED)

30 3) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

30 4) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

42 5) LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

30 Stamina: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) for up to 60 Active Points of Strength (30 Active Points)

Perks

21 Contact: Xavier's School of Gifted Youngsters (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (21 Active Points) 8-

3 Reputation: Avenger's Legacy (A medium-sized group) 11-, +3/+3d6

Skills

15 Combat Training: +3 with HTH Combat

3 Acrobatics 13-

5 Acting 14-

7 Breakfall 15-

3 Combat Piloting 13-

3 Conversation 13-

6 PS: Animator 16-

3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles

3 Teamwork 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 370

Total Cost: 575

425+ Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Red Eyes (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: Avenger's Rogue Gallery 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: New Mutants Rogue's Gallery 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Parents 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Showboat (Uncommon, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Celebrity (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently, Minor)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Magic (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Magic (Uncommon)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Earned Experience: 0

Spent Experience: 0

Unspent Experience: 0

I'm working on two ideas right now. As I mentioned' date=' a remake of Goliath is in the works, but I'm still looking for that 'hook.' I confess a love for hybrid concepts, and that's enough points to do it. But Pym particles plus...what? Still in conceptual mode.[/quote']

Perhaps a version of Kang's Growing Men that gained sentience and turned good?

or

We've seen growing plus ionic energy with the Josten Goliath/Atlas, howabout seeing how Pym particles and Gamma rays interact? :D

I just had an idea, and it was to sweet not to share. If someone wants to go with this, I'd be all for it.

Luke Cage has a daughter (it could easily be Jessica Jones as the mother). The girl only inherits part of her dads strength and durability, so she's strong and tough, but not majory so. However, the girl gets definitive lessons in the art of self defense from her dads old friend, one Danny Rand. The girl decides to join the Avengers out of respect for her dad, and in honor of him and the training she got from Danny she calls herself Power Fist.:D

Kinda goofy, but the idea of a strong sista with powerful Kung Fu strikes the Foxy Brown fan in me as groovy as hell.

A true Daughter of the Dragon. :)

"Let's see how you fools do in a CAGE match!"

Good luck building Sersi on 500!~

You're right. Sersi just isn't going to be the same on 500, or even 575, points. That "anything into anything else" transformation has to be at least 6 dice, and 180 points on a single power doesn't leave a lot, even at this level.

Humm, who would Moondragon choose as the father of her child?

Humm' date=' who would Moondragon choose as the father of her child?[/quote']

Thor or Adam Warlock spring to mind immediately.

Of course, she in theory has total control over her body, including breathing, bleeding, etc. - so perhaps she's found a way to make herself pregnant without needing a mate? Part of that whole Celestial Madonna wannabe thing? Essentially giving birth to a clone of herself.

The wheels of the Celestial Bureaucracy continue to turn.

The time of the Asgardian Thunder God's prominence on Earth is at an end. As one door closes, another opens. Thus comes Lei Kung, God of Storms, Minister of Thunder, Lord of the Living Lightning, to smite evil, drive demons from this plane and generally cause large amounts of property damage.

Thor or Adam Warlock spring to mind immediately.

Of course, she in theory has total control over her body, including breathing, bleeding, etc. - so perhaps she's found a way to make herself pregnant without needing a mate? Part of that whole Celestial Madonna wannabe thing? Essentially giving birth to a clone of herself.

Depends on what she knows about Mantis and Sequoia (and considering she is a few pips short of Cosmic Awareness, probably a lot). I was thinking she might try to conceive a suitable mate for Quoi. Hadn't considered Warlock. Thor and Herculese are obviously in the running, Captain America is probably close to human optimum, an Eternal or Titan would have other advantages. With her mind control abilities, wouldn't even need to be a willing donor, just take the DNA and make him forget all about it. But is she overconfident enough to try that with Norrin Rand or Adam Warlock?

Hello, fellow impending Avengers! For character creation purposes, I need a Marvel character as a bad influence, and I can't think of anyone appropriate. Can anyone out there help a wannabe second-generation Avenger?

The Marvel character I need can be male or female, powered or not, and of any age (though late teens/early 20s would work best). The character needs to be personally attractive (high PRE, COM or a load of social skills) and affluent. He or she also needs to have a profound sense of entitlement, an expectation that all the good things in life are theirs by right, and everybody else can just fight over whatever's left. In other words, the character is very selfish and spoiled.

The character, whoever it ends up being, should be contemptuous of authority and disrespectful of social rules. Laws are for "little people", and don't apply to him or her. The character will be arrogant and probably reckless as well; he or she knows that he/she's better than everybody else and enjoys demonstrating it in risky activities (sky-diving, BASE-jumping, speeding, minor B&E, gambling, hanging around with dangerous associates).

Does this sound like any Marvel character you know? Whoever-it-is doesn't have to match all the italicized terms, but that's the sort of bad influence I'm looking for.

Actually, I'd say Sersi, the Eternal fits the bill pretty closely. Immensely powerful immortal hedonist.

Though oddly enough, to lesser degrees the proposed Zemo and Antoinette Stark characters above meet at least several of the requirements...

And Tony Stark himself would meet quite a few.

Diablo? Though the "attactive" part might be a bit subjective, unless you like long mustachios. ;)

Edit: In the new THING series (which everyone should buy, btw) they introduced a character who's essentially a Marvel Universe Paris Hilton, who goes out and hires an assassin. She'd probably fit the bill perfectly, but I don't recall her name at the moment.

edit of edit: "Milan Ramada". And she's got a potty mouth to boot.

I realize I'm jumping in a bit late and there probably isn't any space left, but what the hell.

I was considering a "next-gen" USAgent, but built as a mentalist with a focus on spycraft, surveillance and intelligence-gathering. Given the government's focus on information-gathering, it seems plausible that the next generation of "super-soldiers" would include a cadre of chemically-enhanced espionage experts. 575 points buys a lot of Telepathy. ;)

Thoughts?