Now Taking Preorders For the Champions 25th-Anniversary Special Edition!

That's right, gang, preorders are now open in the Online Store! Please remember, this is the $10 down-payment for the book, which will help us determine how big the print run should be when the book goes into production next month. We'll be tying that run pretty closely to the number of paid preorders, so if you want one don't take the chance that there'll be any left over! Once we've got the production underway, we'll set up the various options in the store for people who want signatures, particular numbers in the run, etc.- no need to worry about that stuff yet, you'll have plenty of time to let us know. Click on the product itself for more information, and thanks for helping us celebrate 25 years of Champions History!

Re: Now Taking Preorders For the Champions 25th-Anniversary Special Edition!

Just a quick reminder to people who've placed a preorder to e-mail the following information to me at SteveL@herogames.com:

—your name

—the “handle” you use on the Hero Games message boards and in the Online Store

—your shipping address. You must list an address that will be valid during the May-July period when we expect to receive and ship the books.

—your telephone number. Again, please give us a number that will be valid during May-July.

—any special features you desire. If you want to reserve a number from the print run (#2 to #200), please indicate which number you want.

—your e-mail address. This is the main way we’ll contact you to let you know the books are available, so you must list an address that will be valid during the May-July period when we expect to receive and ship the books.

We don't want anyone to miss out on their order, so please get your information in! As of the last time I checked the ol' inbox I'd only received one C25 e-mail, so I figured it couldn't hurt to pass on a gentle reminder. :hex:

Why don't you guys just offer to sell an original sketch of the Harbinger of Justice, done by Steve Long on napkin paper, limited edition, for like $50 each? You could tell us that if we don't buy it, HERO will be consumed by fire, or go under, or get eaten by Cthulu. I know I'd buy it...;)

cough**Palladium**cough

Why don't you guys just offer to sell an original sketch of the Harbinger of Justice, done by Steve Long on napkin paper, limited edition, for like $50 each? You could tell us that if we don't buy it, HERO will be consumed by fire, or go under, or get eaten by Cthulu. I know I'd buy it...;)

cough**Palladium**cough

That's bad! Bad bad bad!!!

I'd buy it too... :o

Well, if people are willing to sell pirated copies of books I give away for free (and they are, I've had to get several of them shut down), I suppose someone out there might try to sell my pathetic little doodles. ;)

Just a quick reminder to people who've placed a preorder to e-mail the following information to me at SteveL@herogames.com:

—your name

—the “handle†you use on the Hero Games message boards and in the Online Store

—your shipping address. You must list an address that will be valid during the May-July period when we expect to receive and ship the books.

—your telephone number. Again, please give us a number that will be valid during May-July.

—any special features you desire. If you want to reserve a number from the print run (#2 to #200), please indicate which number you want.

—your e-mail address. This is the main way we’ll contact you to let you know the books are available, so you must list an address that will be valid during the May-July period when we expect to receive and ship the books.

We don't want anyone to miss out on their order, so please get your information in! As of the last time I checked the ol' inbox I'd only received one C25 e-mail, so I figured it couldn't hurt to pass on a gentle reminder. :hex:

Who do you use to ship the orders?

I ask because I currently live at an appartment and my girlfriend and I both work M-F during the day. US Postal is great but UPS/FedEx is a pain.

HM

Who do you use to ship the orders?

I ask because I currently live at an appartment and my girlfriend and I both work M-F during the day. US Postal is great but UPS/FedEx is a pain.

HM

The default is usually UPS, but if you have a special request otherwise just let Tina know. dw

Quick note -- since I'm out of town this weekend at Roundcon, I won't be able to respond to the latest incoming orders until late Sunday or early Monday. So, don't worry if you don't get an acknowledgment immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

Still preordering?

Is it too late to preorder this? I don't see it in the online store...I would love to get it for my husband, who's been playing Hero system since the beginning and LOVES it (he was a playtester for it way back)...I hope I haven't missed the chance!

Thx.

Re: Still preordering?

Is it too late to preorder this? I don't see it in the online store...I would love to get it for my husband, who's been playing Hero system since the beginning and LOVES it (he was a playtester for it way back)...I hope I haven't missed the chance!

Thx.

I belive the pre-orders are over, but according to my understanding, (and I could be wrong) there are going to be books left-over after the pre-order so you might be able to order a copy if you keep an eye on the website for when the ordering starts.

wish I could be of more help, but atleast I'll be bumping this post for one of the staff to see when they aren't at the Con.

Pre-orders have closed, but the print run is larger than the number of pre-orders. So, those of you who want a copy but didn't get in a pre-order will still have an opportunity to buy after the books come in.

How much larger? I want one but don't get a paycheck until the end of next month. And can we still request signatures and specific number and stuff if we didn't preorder? I definately want 104 and I'm willing to pay extra for it if it's available.

We're not going to disclose exact print run numbers. We expect to have enough to last through the summer convention season, but you never know -- we might be pleasantly surprised and sell a lot more than we expect at Origins. Or we might still have a few left a year from now.

We'll see about allowing people to request signatures and specific numbers going forward, though of course the longer you wait, the less likely it is that a specific number will be available. Signatures we won't ever run out of. ;)

Signatures we won't ever run out of. ;)

Well, that assume's that certain key people don't give themselves carpal tunnel syndrome playing MMPORGs!!!

Ok, then the sigs would probably just be delayed (or very painful!)