What power would you buy (with a twist)

Lord Mhoram

We've all seen the threads on "what superpower would you buy" if you had 10/15/20 pts ect... and we see Regen, Flight, STR, invisibility.

Here is one with a twist - what kind of power would you buy, if you could really use it, and you use it not to be an agent/spy whatnot but for everyday use. In addition to the fun of knowing what kind of powers people think are cool, this could be a recource for all those noncombat kind of powers that would be nifty to have to fill out low powered NPCs in our Champs game. Let's keep it under 15 points.

I'll start - this came to me when working Graveyard at a C-store, and I realized other uses.

The power is the ability to take a single object or small group of them, and fix them/clean them/ make them new/repair them. Effectively return anything to a "like new" state.

6 Fix it/Clean it: Major Transform 1 point, Improved Target Group (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2)

I mean, it isn't glamorous, but think what you could do with that power - in your own life, you'ld never need to wash clothes, or dishes again. Just settle down in a comfy chair in the kitchen and read for an hour. Car is always in perfect condition, you'ld never need to call an appliance repairman, or have things break around the house. All your gaming books would always be in perfect condition :)

And you could buy old junker computers, cars or houses, hit them with the power and resell them. You could make lots of money that way. Or if you went for something more esoteric, using that to work on ancient coins, pottery or old writings for anthrolopogists and histoians, to help see what old stuff really looked like.

Re: What power would you buy (with a twist)

Well, assuming I'm otherwise a HERO Normal, and don't have to buy all the various KS's, Familiarities, Contacts, etc. a reasonable normal person has...

...then I would think Duplication would be pretty cheap, and handy. Get whatever done, much faster, just like you would do it. One makes dinner while the other does laundry and neatens up, and a third does the yardwork, etc.

LS: No need to sleep would also allow you to get tons more done.

Personally, a higher CON or LS: immune to disease would also greatly increase quality of life. :sick:

Int/Pre/Com would all be very useful a great deal of the time.

Some more rules: Verbotton powers to list, because we see them all the time on these kind of threads..

No characteristics. :hush:

No LS of any kind. :hush:

No Regen, Flight, Invisibility, N-ray vision :hush:

No perks or skills. :hush:

All I want to see are powers, and those that are slightly unusual. :)

You want to be rich. Don't buy the perk, come up with an oddball power that can make you rich. :D

Min-maxing point fiend response: Transform: 1 point, Major, Enhanced Effect - Anything into Anything Else. Sure, it'll take a while, but it pretty much opens up the entire game system. Which means it completely breaks the spirit of the question, and as such our real-life GM wouldn't let me take it. :)

Slightly More realistic response: 10 point VPP....which would also get the GM axe.

Even more realistic response: Hm....one thought would be 1" of Teleport, useable on others, AoE, Gate, 0 END, Persistant, plus the "teleport to floating fixed location" adders. Sure, you can only go to a couple of locations at a time, but you can basically create permanent zone gates between, say, London and Los Angeles. $1,000 a pop to step through the gate? OK...

Even more realistic response: Hm....one thought would be 1" of Teleport, useable on others, AoE, Gate, 0 END, Persistant, plus the "teleport to floating fixed location" adders. Sure, you can only go to a couple of locations at a time, but you can basically create permanent zone gates between, say, London and Los Angeles. $1,000 a pop to step through the gate? OK...

That is what I'm talking about.

Good call.

Here is one with a twist - what kind of power would you buy' date=' [u']if you could really use it[/u], and you use it not to be an agent/spy whatnot but for everyday use. In addition to the fun of knowing what kind of powers people think are cool, this could be a recource for all those noncombat kind of powers that would be nifty to have to fill out low powered NPCs in our Champs game. Let's keep it under 15 points.
Flight. Any amount, it doesn't matter, just let me FLY!

Franklin

We've all seen the threads on "what superpower would you buy" if you had 10/15/20 pts ect... and we see Regen, Flight, STR, invisibility.

Here is one with a twist - what kind of power would you buy, if you could really use it, and you use it not to be an agent/spy whatnot but for everyday use. In addition to the fun of knowing what kind of powers people think are cool, this could be a recource for all those noncombat kind of powers that would be nifty to have to fill out low powered NPCs in our Champs game. Let's keep it under 15 points.

I'll start - this came to me when working Graveyard at a C-store, and I realized other uses.

The power is the ability to take a single object or small group of them, and fix them/clean them/ make them new/repair them. Effectively return anything to a "like new" state.

6 Fix it/Clean it: Major Transform 1 point, Improved Target Group (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2)

I mean, it isn't glamorous, but think what you could do with that power - in your own life, you'ld never need to wash clothes, or dishes again. Just settle down in a comfy chair in the kitchen and read for an hour. Car is always in perfect condition, you'ld never need to call an appliance repairman, or have things break around the house. All your gaming books would always be in perfect condition :)

And you could buy old junker computers, cars or houses, hit them with the power and resell them. You could make lots of money that way. Or if you went for something more esoteric, using that to work on ancient coins, pottery or old writings for anthrolopogists and histoians, to help see what old stuff really looked like.

Great idea. I'm stealing this power for use in my campaign.

REPPED!

15 Unlimited Friendship: Summon 50-point creatures, Slavishly Devoted (+1), Expanded Class of Beings Any Type of Being (+1) (30 Active Points); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2) 3

Notes: The user has friends everywhere, loyal and devoted friends who would do virtually anything for him. Not just human friends, but also birds, animals, and even some machines. When he wants a taxi, a driver will show up in minutes. When his TV needs fixing, a repairman is on the way without even needing to call. A beautiful, charming dinner companion is just a whim away. In business, the clients come to him and listen amicably to his sales presentations, trusting him completely. After all, they're his friends. When he needs a little help with a bill or a buiness deal, there's always someone around ready to offer good advice and even financial backing. Everyone needs friends.Not exactly Mind Control, this power will call a competent normal built on up to 50 points to assist the character. The character may specify what he is looking for in a single, simple sentance (i.e. "A very competent paramedic", "A well off buyer for my product"). "Friends" called in this way are entirely loyal, and must arive and depart under their own power.

Be the world's greatest salesman or best connected theatrical agent, or just spend your life letting your wealthy friends take care of you. A power for the under 100 point Supervillain in you.

On a side note' date=' there was a minor D&D item I always wished I had in real life: [i']Ring of Feather Fall[/i]. Oh the fun I would have with that!

Or find a way to mass produce them and sell them to skatekids and x-treme sports people for lots of money. :)

Clairsentience, Normal Sight, Precognition; Only to Read the Next Month's Financial News (-2)

The ultimate in insider trading!

Bill.

("Get my stockbroker on the line! Sell all my holdings in GM by the closing bell. Why? I've just got this hunch...") :bounce:

You want to be rich. Don't buy the perk' date=' come up with an oddball power that can make you rich. :D[/quote']

Okay.

Universal Translator.

Now I can read all the manga I want, watch anime and HK films without subs, and make a small (or large) fortune translating stuff.

Okay.

Universal Translator.

Now I can read all the manga I want, watch anime and HK films without subs, and make a small (or large) fortune translating stuff.

:)

See there you go. Having fun with it. I know My wife would like something like that for just exactly the same reasons.

Oh, and "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Susano again."

I'd go with something like this myself. Really, I could use transport now.

Id love the ability to control my shape, including extras like low-level regen (or high level if I can get it) and some stretching, armor, etc.

For one thing, I could get rid of my gut and make money as an actor or model.

Plus, with just a little stretching, I could drive my cat INSANE because he loves to sit just 3 inches out of my reach! Endless pettin's with no escape!

If that seems to "practical", how about the ability to generate full-color images on a surface, and then at mental command have them become permanent. That way I could do my drawing, inking, and coloring all at once, and since its a Power I could get much better results than I am now!

Im an incredible perfectionist when it comes to my art, so Im always tweaking things -ever- so slightly. (Often Ill ask a friend "Does this look better than it did before?" and Ill get back "Whatd you change?").

With the Power, I could make those changes mentally, and create the images more quicly and easily. id be doing artwork ALL the time, instead of just when I can force myself to start. (I love having drawn. I hate starting a new drawing).

Edit: If I had the "fix it" power mentioned at the start, Id use it to repair and rejuvenate my MEGO figure collection! Greatest. Toys. Ever!