What power would you buy (with a twist)

Lord Mhoram

Re: What power would you buy (with a twist)

TK, fine manipulation. Okay, I wouldn't be able to have much strength, given it's 15 points and fine manipulation is a 10 point adder. Maybe I'll chuck in some limits in there.

Anyhoo, just the sheer helpfulness of a "third hand" now and then... that would rock and roll.

Oh, is this 15 point active, or real?

Cuz if it's real, that opens up a LOT more...

Kevin "yeah, it takes a week, but it blows up the Earth!" Schultz

Even 15 Active can make you comfortable for life. :)

Call Skilled Normal Friend: Summon 25-point creatures, Expanded Class of Beings Limited Group (Any Skilled Human; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Slavishly Devoted (+1) (15 Active Points) Real Cost: 15

A variation on the power I posted earlier, almost instantly cause any sort of skilled or talented normal person to appear before you, ready and happy to do as you ask. Rich friends, cute friends, friends who know how to fix your car or do your taxes, even persuasive friends who can gather you more followers. Become the charismatic cult leader you've always known you could be. :)

Be Who You Want To Be: Variable Power Pool; base of 13 points, + control of 6 base points, with Only One Power At A Time (-1), Only For Multiform (-1/4), Template Restrictions* (-1/4). 13+6=19 Active Points, 13+2=15 Real Points.

The ability to turn into any 65-point normal I wanted to be would be the greatest thing ever! Imagine; if I want to be Studdly Hotbod, bingo! there I am. I want to be Dr. Brainpower? Bamf! that's me! The possibilities are wide open.

Note: with the Template Restrictions I can't become Mr. Superpower---I'm limited to ordinary folks (well, as ordinary as 65 points can be); however, I can still be, and do, an enormous amount.

*Template Restrictions is a group of things required of, or forbidden to, the Multiform. They have been grouped into a single Limitation to prevent piling up a large number of -1/4 Limitation Bonuses. The restrictions include: only one form, form must be human, form cannot have any "Superpowers" as such, form must have same INT, EGO, and Psychological Limitations as original, form cannot have any Perk except for Anonymity (which is required) and Vehicle (no more than 5 points can be spent on Vehicle), form cannot have Bump of Direction, Danger Sense, Eidetic Memory, Simulate Death, nor Universal Translator.

15 "I like it like this." Change Environment 1" radius, +2 Temperature Level Adjustment, -2 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting 1 Hour, Multiple Combat Effects, Varying Combat Effects, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (58 Active Points); Fuel Dependent (fuel is Very Common; must refuel Once per Hour; have to have a Dr Pepper; -1), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1), No Range (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/4) End Cost: 10

The ability to make it either warmer or colder, might not be that long lasting but can you think of the of the cost of a six-pack of Dr. Pepper compaired to have a 1km radius area, be warm in winter, and cooler in summer. Just start the repowering 5 minutes before the last use was over. then you get a job at that is temputare dependent.

YOU’RE A WINNER!

Effect: Money (Well Off)

Target/Area Affected: Self

Duration: Constant

Range: Self

END Cost: 0

Description: The character’s amazing luck manifests itself in a most welcome way: he’s constantly winning sweepstakes, door prizes, lotteries, and other such prizes. He can support himself quite nicely entirely on his winnings without having to do a lick of work.

Game Information: Money (Well Off). Total cost: 5 points.

Options:

1) Big Winner: The character routinely wins significant prizes. Increase to Money (Wealthy). Total cost: 10 points.

2) Really Big Winner: The character routinely wins major lotteries. Increase to Money (Filthy Rich). Total cost: 15 points.

Side Step Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions (Parallel Earths), Any Location corresponding to current physical location), x4 Increased Weight (42 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Delayed Phase, -1), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Magic Fingers Telekinesis (2 STR), Fine Manipulation, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (26 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

I think every married man gets this one after a few years.

Darkness to Hearing Group 1" radius, Trigger, Wife Nagging (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (11 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

7 Real Points of blissful silence.

Eidetic memory and speed reading would be awesome. I can never read as much as I'd like to, and my memory is like swiss cheese.

or

Aid to INT with Area Affect and a few levels of MegaScale, Fade 5pts per day, only useable on the night before an election. Let's vote in a government based on logic not emotion. Or would I need an Aid to EGO for that?

or

Mind Link to any one computer. Throw in a Detect and Analyze Computer Operation. I will not be stymied by a locked up keyboard or inscrutable computer glitch again.

or

Eidetic memory and speed reading would be awesome. I can never read as much as I'd like to, and my memory is like swiss cheese.

The only two infinite things are the universe and stupidity. And I am not all that certain about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Aid Int.

Use it on myself when I'm a bit "off", use it on someone else when I'm trying to explain something to them and they simply refuse to "get it".

Believe me, from a tech support standpoint, this would be worth far more than the points I'd pay for it. :P

Here are a few many new parents would like:

Detect meaning of crying/babble (10 pts) children only (-1/2) 7 pts.

Extra limbs. I think six will be enough, usually.

1d6 cosmetic transform, taste of food/medicine (heck, I'd settle for transform taste of Zantac into H2O right now)

Clairvoyance, only to know when child will need a bottle or a diaper change.

2d6 minor transform: dirty diaper to clean diaper. If your child's diaper has more than one body, or has power defense, I Don't Want To Know.

1d6 Major Transform: Person into ideal physical self (no disabilities, and younger looking, thinner, unscarred, taller or shorter, more hair, less hair, etc.)

I would become a faith healer/ faith plastic surgeon, and charge a sliding scale fee for my services.

15 Tunneling 5” +10DEF, Constant Concentration 0DCV -1, Constant Gestures -1, Restrainable -1/2, No NCM -1/4

This is the power to dig through anything with your hands at 1.5 meters per second. Since there is no fill in, you are leaving a tunnel or trench behind you. Imagine the money you could make in the construction business. Need a basement, give me 10 minutes, and that includes a coffee break. Need an aqueduct to feed water to an entire city…give me a week, and 5 million dollars. It will still be quicker and cheaper for the city than doing it any other way.

And mining…ho boy.

But I am a troglodyte so I would use it for building al sorts of neat, inexpensive underground, in solid granite or limestone, housing. I buy 100 acres in the mountains and a year later have an archology that can support 100,000 people.

Or i dig out that superconducting supercollider tunnel under boston, or...

Send me to the Moon, with a good support team and I can dig out underground colonies for thousands in weeks. All at avery reasonable price.

I've thought of another one. It wouldn't be as useful as Be Who You Want To Be, but it could be very useful.

Note: This assumes I am a 25-point "character" in real life™, and makes use of the rule (in 5th ed. page 101-102, expanded on in The Ultimate Metamorph page 27-28) that a duplicate with fewer abilities than the original does not need to take the Altered Duplicates Advantage at any level.

I'm My Own Best Friends: Duplication: 25-point duplicates, 8 duplicates (Active Cost: 20 points), Extra Time: Full Phase (-1/2); total cost 13 points. PLUS Money ($200,000/year); total cost 2 points.

This would be a fun power: imagine having 8 copies of yourself, all there to help pitch in and get various jobs done. Cleaning the house would be less of a bummer if you could split the job up nine ways!

Of course, the fact you'd have the ultimate alibi would useful; "Basil couldn't have knocked over that convenience store, he was talking to a couple of cops when it happened!" :eg:

Not that I'd do such a thing. At least, not with that $200,000/year income. (NB: only the original gets the Money.)

I'm My Own Best Friends: Duplication: 25-point duplicates, 8 duplicates (Active Cost: 20 points), Extra Time: Full Phase (-1/2); total cost 13 points. PLUS Money ($200,000/year); total cost 2 points.

Throw in a Mind Link to yourself and youre in business :D

• 2 weeks later...

We've all seen the threads on "what superpower would you buy" if you had 10/15/20 pts ect... and we see Regen, Flight, STR, invisibility.

Here is one with a twist - what kind of power would you buy, if you could really use it, and you use it not to be an agent/spy whatnot but for everyday use. In addition to the fun of knowing what kind of powers people think are cool, this could be a recource for all those noncombat kind of powers that would be nifty to have to fill out low powered NPCs in our Champs game. Let's keep it under 15 points.

I'll start - this came to me when working Graveyard at a C-store, and I realized other uses.

The power is the ability to take a single object or small group of them, and fix them/clean them/ make them new/repair them. Effectively return anything to a "like new" state.

6 Fix it/Clean it: Major Transform 1 point, Improved Target Group (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2)

I mean, it isn't glamorous, but think what you could do with that power - in your own life, you'ld never need to wash clothes, or dishes again. Just settle down in a comfy chair in the kitchen and read for an hour. Car is always in perfect condition, you'ld never need to call an appliance repairman, or have things break around the house. All your gaming books would always be in perfect condition :)

And you could buy old junker computers, cars or houses, hit them with the power and resell them. You could make lots of money that way. Or if you went for something more esoteric, using that to work on ancient coins, pottery or old writings for anthrolopogists and histoians, to help see what old stuff really looked like.

Total Recall from USPDB 2. Never forget anything I didn't want to. Ever. Imagine the daily uses from just keeping track of things to learning to winning internet trivia debates. :)

Add extra time 1 turn and Concentrate 0 DCV get the cost down.

Hmm, good one.

Under 15 points, eh? I'm assuming active?

Well, 1.5d6 Minor Transform (Water to Gas) comes first to mind. Failing that, there's always Images (Sight Group), Self only, Only to create normal clothing, 0 END. Why spend a fortune on nice clothes, when you can just whip 'em up with a thought, and wear 'em over any old thing you like?

For the librarians: Either Mind Control (One Command (Shh!)), or about 5d6 of Telepathy, only to detect what patron REALLY wants information on (Conversation required)

Now, if I had a sky's the limit budget on points to spend...well, I've already mentioned this in a prior thread: Teleportation via Telephone:

Say 20" Teleport, x64 NCM

Limits: Target must have phone, and answer it (-1), Focus (Phone, IIF) (-1/4), Gestures (Dialing Phone Number) (-1/4).

AP: 65 Real Cost: 29

Just think: Calling in to work becomes just that. "Uh, boss? You might want to aim the phone away from your face for a second..."

Now, if I had a sky's the limit budget on points to spend...well, I've already mentioned this in a prior thread: Teleportation via Telephone:

Say 20" Teleport, x64 NCM

Limits: Target must have phone, and answer it (-1), Focus (Phone, IIF) (-1/4), Gestures (Dialing Phone Number) (-1/4).

AP: 65 Real Cost: 29

Just think: Calling in to work becomes just that. "Uh, boss? You might want to aim the phone away from your face for a second..."

That's only a 2.56 km range. I'd decrease the basic range, leave off the NCM, and Megascale it.

Teleportation, 9", Megascale (1 hex = 1000 km, can reduce to 1 hex = 1 km, +1 1/4) (active cost: 40 points); Target must have phone, and answer it (-1), Focus (Phone, OIF) (-1/2), Gestures (Dialing Phone) (-1/4) Total cost: 15 points.