Who do you think you are? Seeker?

assault

This is a short version of a long train of thought I have been following.

OK, well, in the official CU, Seeker is a well-known, mythical character in popular culture.

So, if you are going to tag an Australian martial artist with a nickname, what is it going to be?

Why, Seeker, of course!

It's only a matter of time until another Seeker appears...

Thoughts?

Alan

Guest white peregrine

Re: Who do you think you are? Seeker?

Originally posted by assault

It's only a matter of time until another Seeker appears...

agreed...it is only a matter of time until another 'seeker' appears. whether he is of australian flavor remains to be seen. I doubt it personally but then I am just stabbing blindly into the dark...

Re: Re: Who do you think you are? Seeker?

Originally posted by white peregrine

agreed...it is only a matter of time until another 'seeker' appears. whether he is of australian flavor remains to be seen. I doubt it personally but then I am just stabbing blindly into the dark...

Well, you're probably right about an "official" Seeker, alas.

What I was suggesting was more or less that "Seeker" would become a generic nickname for martial artists, particularly wannabes, especially if they came from Australia. It would be a semi-generic term, with at least a dose of insult.

Yes, of course, Steve Short and his lawyers might have something to say about it, but how are they going to sue a masked adventurer? :)

In fact, it's quite possible that several "Seekers" might exist. Eventually the most prominent would end up with the name.

I could see my more recent versions of Assault using the name if they (he) visited the US, because he probably wouldn't be operating publically.

In other words, have fun!

Alan

Guest white peregrine

"seeker" will more than likely become a general name for the martial artist of the moment....kinda like Defender is for the powered armor group... speaking of which, I always thought Team;Defender was the best incarnation...probably in the minority here but so be it,,, heh

Re: Re: Re: Who do you think you are? Seeker?

Originally posted by assault

In fact, it's quite possible that several "Seekers" might exist. Eventually the most prominent would end up with the name.

Perfect!

Steve Short, et. al., holders of the IP 'Seeker' hold some sort of contest... entrants must be martial artists (one marital artist applies and is soundly thrashed (hi, Steve! :D )) and the winner is 'SEEKER'! :cool:

• 4 years later...

Well, you're probably right about an "official" Seeker, alas.

What I was suggesting was more or less that "Seeker" would become a generic nickname for martial artists, particularly wannabes, especially if they came from Australia. It would be a semi-generic term, with at least a dose of insult.

Yes, of course, Steve Short and his lawyers might have something to say about it, but how are they going to sue a masked adventurer? :)

I could see my more recent versions of Assault using the name if they (he) visited the US, because he probably wouldn't be operating publically.

In other words, have fun!

Alan

works for me

Gardner Fox said it, so it must be true--all comic-book characters are real persons who exist in alternate universes. Comic-book writers/artists tap into these universes subconsciously, and transcribe the adventures of their heroes believing them to be the products of their own imagination.

But we know better. :D

Seeker is a comic-book character. Therefore--Seeker is real. And it's only a matter of time before the crossover.

(Checks watch--taps foot)

Yep--any time now. . .

Millennium City' date=' page 39. He is not mentioned by name, but referred to as an "Australian ninja" with a "hackneyed origin."[/quote']

With a comic cover that says somehting akin to "In this issue Seeker dies" or something to that effect anyways...