Skinning cats

Robyn

Re: Skinning cats

Drain: Skin. Unless the skin has been bought as Inherent. (Sorry' date=' cross-posting.)[/quote']

:lol: You're quite welcome to cross-post. It is funny ;)

PRE Attack. (Scare it out of it's skin)

I like this one! I'll have to owe you Rep for it, but I promise to leave this reply in place so future readers will know how much I liked it ;)

A slight twist on something that's already been done.

1/2d6 HKA, (Skinning Knife) with full IPE, plus Slight of Hand -18.

No one's sure what happened, only you walked past that cat and suddenly it's skin was lying next to it...

Or, Density Increase/Growth, UAA, does not effect target's skin. Make the cat fall right through/ burst out of the skin.

Lastly, Summon (Skinless Cat). The skin has to be somewhere, now...

You could skin a cat with any power - just add the limitation "Side effect - skins nearby cat(s)' date=' always occurs"[/quote']

That's right up there with how to destroy the earth for 1 point:

1 pip RKA, no range (-1/2), OAF expendable [Earth] (-1 1/2). Active 5, Real 1. :D

1 pip RKA, no range (-1/2), OAF expendable [Earth] (-1 1/2). Active 5, Real 1. :D

I usually just do that by describing the focus as Fragile. Then anybody can destroy it with a half-hearted kick.

Keith "But the book says..." Curtis

I really should just let this one slide, but this IS NOT DND.

Expendible means that whatever you use as a focus is expended AS A FOCUS. In that build, you would need to use a different Earth for each use of the power, or somehow restore it's focus status, it does not mean that it crumbles to dust. Moreover, unless Earth could be taken away from you, it would not qualify as a focus anyway.

Sorry, I do appreciate that this is a humorous thread, but this one pushes my 'sfx' button.

I really should just let this one slide, but this IS NOT DND.

Expendible means that whatever you use as a focus is expended AS A FOCUS. In that build, you would need to use a different Earth for each use of the power, or somehow restore it's focus status, it does not mean that it crumbles to dust. Moreover, unless Earth could be taken away from you, it would not qualify as a focus anyway.

Sorry, I do appreciate that this is a humorous thread, but this one pushes my 'sfx' button.

1) If you're refering to D&D wands crumbling when the last charge is used, I hadn't even considered that when I was writing that. I was refering to the VERY old joke of using a power lim to get a gross/humorous incidental benefit.

2) In that vein, it could just as easily have been written instead of OAF as being "Side effect, destroys the planetary body you're standing on" (whatever that limitation would be, probably -1/2 or -1).

1) If you're refering to D&D wands crumbling when the last charge is used, I hadn't even considered that when I was writing that. I was refering to the VERY old joke of using a power lim to get a gross/humorous incidental benefit.

2) In that vein, it could just as easily have been written instead of OAF as being "Side effect, destroys the planetary body you're standing on" (whatever that limitation would be, probably -1/2 or -1).

1) I was specifically thinking of an early version of the 'Light' spell which would be cast on an object that would crumble away at the end of the spell.

2) I do appreciate that there are many other ways of pushing the 'sfx button'

3) I'm just venting: ignore me.

Ew. Not that mine were any better.

Second Skin: The cat can shed it's primary 'skin' - i.e., the fur, skin, etc. - and it moves & acts independtly of the actual "cat" (the sinew, muscle & bone structure). Purchased as 'duplication'. OIF, Skin (the skin can be taken away or rendered inanimate), extra time (to shed skin).

Nacho Cat Skins

1 cat skin

1 can (11 oz.) condensed nacho cheese soup/dip

1/4 c. milk

1/2 c. sliced pitted ripe olives

1/2 c. chopped sweet red pepper or seeded tomato

1/4 c. chopped green onions

Prepare cat skin by slicing into 3 inch strips; keep warm. Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine soup and milk. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Spoon sauce over prepared cat skin strips. Sprinkle with olives, red pepper and green onions. Makes about 24 appetizers.

Just in case anyone was wondering why we've been skinning all these cats.

Nacho Cat Skins

1 cat skin

1 can (11 oz.) condensed nacho cheese soup/dip

1/4 c. milk

1/2 c. sliced pitted ripe olives

1/2 c. chopped sweet red pepper or seeded tomato

1/4 c. chopped green onions

Prepare cat skin by slicing into 3 inch strips; keep warm. Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine soup and milk. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Spoon sauce over prepared cat skin strips. Sprinkle with olives, red pepper and green onions. Makes about 24 appetizers.

Just in case anyone was wondering why we've been skinning all these cats.

somebody's been watching too many cooking shows it seems...

;)

• 1 year later...

Could do it as a martial maneuver.

I'm not sure about cats, but you can skin a rabbit with your bare hands if you twist its hindquarters just right and use the radial fracture bone edge as a skinning knife.

Very clean, quick, and efficient.

Done right, the skin comes off intact (with head.. rabbit head is not good eating).