GMs: Funniest Character Sheet Mistakes You've Seen.

Marcus Impudite

Re: GMs: Funniest Character Sheet Mistakes You've Seen.

I played in a game once where the GM was applying damage reduction BEFORE defenses. :idjit: We simply could not figure out why absolutely everything we did just bounced off of him, even the super 20d6 Fire Blast that rendered our EBer unconscious. We finally demanded to see the numbers because he was bragging about how he was beating the hell out of our group with his one lone 250 point guy. (GMs bragging about beating up the characters is bad enough :mad: )

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've seen' date=' and made a few of these but the best Psych Lim I've seen was on a vigilante type who must " Write wrongs". We figured somewhere he must have had a warehouse of small notepads loaded with good stuff on bad guys. :D[/quote']

"Welcome to the Post-It Cave."

I had one player who defined his Offensive Strike as "I smash my opponent's face into my crotch."

When I asked him what he was thinking, he replied "It seems pretty offensive to me. I'd be offended if it happened to me."

I apologize ahead of time for the following mental image: Pubic ID.

Was the Character's name Jack Shaftoe?

(For those who don't know, read The Baroque Cycle by Neil Stevenson)

The same grim character that had the Psychological Limitation: Rootless, also had a very useful skill: Sweetwise. He knew how to find the best candy stores in Millennium City. The funning thing is this character sheet was hand written. So he could not blame his bad typing on the mistakes.

The same grim character that had the Psychological Limitation: Rootless' date=' also had a very useful skill: Sweetwise. He knew how to find the best candy stores in Millennium City. The funning thing is this character sheet was hand written. So he could not blame his bad typing on the mistakes.[/quote']

Well, if he was that sweetwise, of course he was rootless. All his teeth rotted out at the root.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "He's tough and ruthless! or is that rough and toothless?"

I've got two:

First one needs a little background...

We'd played in a campaign where one of the PCs - a super gadgeteer - had built and activated a device to save her dead husband by re-writing reality entirely so that he was no longer dead (ok, part GM-plot device too). Only the PCs could remember, and the GM gave us all a 10 pt disavantage "Memories of an alternate timeline."

One of the players must have misheard or something. He wrote on his sheet:

"Memories of an alternate lifestyle."

Second one is shorter:

PC brick with a modified assault rifle had a slot in the multipower:

+4D6 HA, 0 END - Butt Stroke

I had a player who was new to champions. He built a flying energy projector. He bought a 10d6 energy blast with a x1024 to range. He didn't understand that an inch wasn't equal to a real inch, but that 1 in=2 meters.

He decided to keep it. He just shifted some points and bought a bunch of telescopic sight and could shoot the wings off a fly at 2 miles plus!

We all had a good laugh.

Grimble

It wasn't a typo, but a key component to the character concept that was left off the sheet until it was really important. It wasn't me, but one player was running a reformed thief who would go out and dabble in his former hobby just to stay sharp (nothing major - get into a safe and take one dollar or something like that).

Well, one day while out on one of these side trips, suddenly EVERYTHING went wrong and he had to vacate quick. As the police closed in, he found himself having to go up the side of a building. The GM said "Ok, roll your climbing", and the player looked over the sheet, and double checked it. The second story cat burglar had somehow neglected to take climbing!

Whoops.

He did eventually get away, but we all laughed and laughed at him for that one. (The climbing was bought promptly at the end of that session).

It wasn't a typo' date=' but a key component to the character concept that was left off the sheet until it was really important. It wasn't me, but one player was running a reformed thief who would go out and dabble in his former hobby just to stay sharp (nothing major - get into a safe and take one dollar or something like that).[/color']

Well, one day while out on one of these side trips, suddenly EVERYTHING went wrong and he had to vacate quick. As the police closed in, he found himself having to go up the side of a building. The GM said "Ok, roll your climbing", and the player looked over the sheet, and double checked it. The second story cat burglar had somehow neglected to take climbing!

Whoops.

He did eventually get away, but we all laughed and laughed at him for that one. (The climbing was bought promptly at the end of that session).

I made a character like that once. But what I forgot was his resistant defenses....*Snipe**Splat*

Reminds me of the two super theifs that broke into a villian base to hack their computer. We get through all the security to get to the room.

And then we turn to each other and go "Alright, do your stuff."

So we snuck out, took a quick class in computers, broke back in...

For characters with 20+ INTs, they could be pretty stupid...

A guy meant to write that his "Wolvie" type character "Goes on needless killing sprees".

But it was 4 am and he was tired, so he wrote the Disad simply as "10 Needless".

However, his write-up was somewhat...ineffectual. So the GM let the Disad stand.

Later that character was retired, because another regenerating claw-user came back from "retirement" (the Player returned to the group), and the GM feared that the two characters "would under-lap".

• 1 month later...