GMs: Funniest Character Sheet Mistakes You've Seen.

Marcus Impudite

Re: GMs: Funniest Character Sheet Mistakes You've Seen.

Speaking of X-Rated Vision...a friend of mine long ago came up with a version of N-Ray vision with the limitation "not through living flesh". Which meant he could triage crime and disaster victims at a glance' date=' or look for survivors in piles of rubble. If they're dead, he sees right through them. If they're not, they're the only thing he CAN see.[/quote']

Bit of a bugger when faced with the zombie horde, though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a trick Archer character who had a Drain arrow with the SFX of "Poisson".

I'm not sure how long he aged them to get that particular effect (as poisson is French for fish, for the anglophones reading this).

Arrows tipped with piranhas?

"Ultraviolent Vision" was one of my own typos.

Ultraviolent Vision: Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Can only see grisly, gory, blood-soaked deaths before they happen.; -2) END cost: 5, Real Cost: 17

That's how you REALLY build such a power.

Less a typo on a sheet than someone misreading something there ... when running the 4th Ed Champions in a con game, one player, playing Seeker, kept making these inane, pointless, nonsensical comments out of nowhere. At one point, someone asked him what in the world he was doing, because it was getting annoying.

"I'm just playing the character."

" .... how do you figure?"

"It says right here, Psych Lim: Irrelevant Wisecracker."

" ... ... ... IRREVERENT."

I like this guys version better. :D

I think character sheets tell you a lot about the person that prepares them. As such, when I accept a character sheet from someone, Im not only looking at the character itself, Im also looking to ascertain what I can about the preparer's focus, attention to detail, scope of vision, understanding of the rules, tendency towards RP or Powergaming, and creativity.

Ive rejected players on several occassions on the basis of their character sheets being so poor I couldnt countenance having the player in my group.

Having said that, the not necessarily funniest, but weirdest character sheet Ive ever seen was from a rather odd individual that once wanted to play in one of my GreyHERO campaigns. He had no HERO System experience, but claimed to be a D&D veteran with much experience in all three editions, so I told him to create a D&D3e character of somewhere around 10th level if memory served, and I would faithfully convert the character into the HERO System for him.

The player complied, but when I received the character sheet it was such a travesty after a brief review I rejected the player from consideration for the campaign on the spot. Not only was the character not a valid or legal D&D character, and not only was the background some of the most painfully poorly written garbage Ive ever had the misfortune to come across, but the player for some reason had the habit of repeating every adjective twice.

So you had things like:

Silver Sylvan Scimitar: Silver Sylvan Scimitar +1

Wild Shape: Wild Shape 3/Day

Spot: Spot 8 ranks

BAB: BAB +8

etc etc etc

It just struck me as being incredibly idiotic or compulsive. So I asked him, "Why are you repeating everything?" and he was like "What do you mean? I'm not!".... :stupid:

Ah, memories ...

Back in 4th Edition days, a GM created a power called 'Knockback Blast' ... did no Body, no Stun, just Knockback. A character named Fault Line (seismic powers, obviously), had an AE Line Knockback Blast that only went along surfaces and propelled the target away from said surface, usually the ground.

He dubbed it the 'Knock Up Blast'.

I think I'd get in trouble if I discussed one character's "cumcussion grenade". Obvious mispelling that I've never had the heart to tell him about.

Same character also had a power called "confidance". He thinks he can dance well maybe?

Another had a psyche lim "cloustrophobia". It seems like that should be funny, but I haven't found a meaning for clous. Haven't looked too hard either, though...

an error of a different type which still ended up on character sheets:

When i met a fellow gamer in college, I wondered aloud why all of his bricks had find weakness.

He said they needed FW in order to hit martial artists and speedsters.

I stared at him like he had a third eye or something.

He repeated his line.

It turned out that he had misinterpeted FW as halving the target's DCV.

an error of a different type which still ended up on character sheets:

When i met a fellow gamer in college, I wondered aloud why all of his bricks had find weakness.

He said they needed FW in order to hit martial artists and speedsters.

I stared at him like he had a third eye or something.

He repeated his line.

It turned out that he had misinterpeted FW as halving the target's DCV.

As GM, he ran it that way too. :D