The Interogation Skill as a "Lab"

Wormhole

Re: The Interogation Skill as a "Lab"

I'm building a base for one of my characters and bought the Interrogation Skill (on a roll of 11-) as a Lab I've decided to define as the "Interview Road." The question is' date=' besides the kind of equipment that would have to be defined as powers (and thus paid for seperately), what all could I say is in there?[/quote']

Well is it a Interrogation room, or did you combine both Interrogation and seduction?

I don't consider it seduction when the target was willing to do it to begin with.

TB

I'd call Seduction potentially applicable. For every kinkster like myself who's known for the majority of their adult life that they enjoy what they do, they are 10 who are uncomfortable with their desires to various degrees. This is where a professional Dominants dungeon (or "black room") could be considered a Seduction Lab. By the same token, said Dungeon could easily be a Interrogation Lab... just because it's main purpose is for safe, sane and consensual play doesn't mean that it's not capable of being used for more mideveal information gathering.

What is considered fun by one person might be considered a Geneva convention violation when done to an unwilling partner.

I had a bio lab partner in college who had been an army interrogator in Korea. He said they could control the temperature of the air and water (showers suddenly turning hot or cold, hopefully to make the victim swear when he thinks he's basically alone). The whole place was wired for sound recording, obviously.

I also just saw a video yesterday of "water-boarding", where interrogators blind-fold the victim, bind them helpless, and gag them repeatedly with cloth which they continually to wetten with water.

Here's a link to the myspace blog the video is on:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=71540658&blogID=178669528&MyToken=39e1482d-581a-405a-974f-0e8ac7f95bb1

I had a bio lab partner in college who had been an army interrogator in Korea. He said they could control the temperature of the air and water (showers suddenly turning hot or cold, hopefully to make the victim swear when he thinks he's basically alone). The whole place was wired for sound recording, obviously.

I also just saw a video yesterday of "water-boarding", where interrogators blind-fold the victim, bind them helpless, and gag them repeatedly with cloth which they continually to wetten with water.

Here's a link to the myspace blog the video is on:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=71540658&blogID=178669528&MyToken=39e1482d-581a-405a-974f-0e8ac7f95bb1

I thought that was "dry land drowning", and water boarding was actually drowning a helpless person...

I've built a whole lotta stuff for a Lab like that in my time ;)

Why am I not surprised to hear you say that?

Lucius Alexander

Trying to stifle a comment from a being with two mouths is as hard as you'd expect it to be....maybe harder.

I thought that was "dry land drowning"' date=' and water boarding was actually drowning a helpless person...[/quote']

I'm no expert, but what's shown seems to be the definition of water-boarding. A friend of mine who went to BUDS in the navy, described drown-proofing as much worse though. I can't remember the details, but if I recall, it involved being half-dunked into a pool nose up, and held there until you inhale.

Too much information.

Um...I don't know anyone's paying attention, but this thread is a bit disturbing. Yes I know I don't have to read it and it's for a game and it's merely factual info but still kind of disturbing. Sort of took a turn there right at the end. And I must point out that I have run some very disturbing games in my time (and I'll probably use this stuff). It's sort of like a really bad accident, and you can't look away.

Too much information.

Um...I don't know anyone's paying attention, but this thread is a bit disturbing. Yes I know I don't have to read it and it's for a game and it's merely factual info but still kind of disturbing. Sort of took a turn there right at the end. And I must point out that I have run some very disturbing games in my time (and I'll probably use this stuff). It's sort of like a really bad accident, and you can't look away.

A room called Interrogation Lab, with a "fade to black" as people entering it game would work. No need to list equipment. Just cut to the scene when all the characters are discussing the information uncovered.

No, don't misunderstand. I might retain the ability to appal myself, but I will most certainly make use of every bit of detail to totally creep out my players and hopefully have them squirming in their seats. :)

Hey the biggest compliment I ever got was when a couple of my players told me that they had bad dreams after playing one of my games.

No, don't misunderstand. I might retain the ability to appal myself, but I will most certainly make use of every bit of detail to totally creep out my players and hopefully have them squirming in their seats. :)

Hey the biggest compliment I ever got was when a couple of my players told me that they had bad dreams after playing one of my games.

Mine was when a player called in sick to work the day after I killed a popular NPC. (I don't need a lab to torture the players :eg:)

Mine was when a player called in sick to work the day after I killed a popular NPC. (I don't need a lab to torture the players :eg:)

My favorite moments are when my players start calling me names because it signifies they are really into the game, and that I blindsided them really well with a plot twist, NPC event, or a dillema that turns twists their characters like taffy. I've never had to torture a PC to get that kind of response. Well timed melodrama is usually enough. I had one player who called me monday morning at work and cussed me out while raving about the dillema I had put him in on Sunday night. And he was still shaking his head on Wednesday. "Dave, you bastard," is high praise and happiness inducing indeed.

My favorite moments are when my players start calling me names because it signifies they are really into the game' date=' and that I blindsided them really well with a plot twist, NPC event, or a dillema that turns twists their characters like taffy. I've never had to torture a PC to get that kind of response. Well timed melodrama is usually enough. I had one player who called me monday morning at work and cussed me out while raving about the dillema I had put him in on Sunday night. And he was still shaking his head on Wednesday. "Dave, you bastard," is high praise and happiness inducing indeed.[/quote']

Oh, I love that feeling... :eg:

A room called Interrogation Lab' date=' with a "fade to black" as people entering it game would work. No need to list equipment. Just cut to the scene when all the characters are discussing the information uncovered.[/quote']

...whilst trying to remove those last few stubborn stains.

Frankly if the Heros have an interrogation lab they are not spending enough on Presence.

Whitewashed room single bulb, too bright, one door no obvious window or other observation port +2 to interrogation, and add time bonuses, up to a point. Job done.

Just make sure some real Heroes come after them if they overstep the line.

...whilst trying to remove those last few stubborn stains.

Frankly if the Heros have an interrogation lab they are not spending enough on Presence.

Whitewashed room single bulb, too bright, one door no obvious window or other observation port +2 to interrogation, and add time bonuses, up to a point. Job done.

Just make sure some real Heroes come after them if they overstep the line.

Oh and be mopping up a large red stain as the new subject comes in...."Oh that...(scuffs floor with foot)umm we don't like to talk about that" (scuff,scuff)