Aliens - where are they?

Kirby

Champions Universe lists several ("at least a dozen") aliens, but what book(s) can I find them in?

The 16 aliens listed are:

• Sirians - attacked earth in 1938, supposedly 1970s they were a minor species in the Malvan territory
  • Qularr - 1965 tried to invade & conquer Earth; brought "gigantic monsters" which are contained on an island near Japan
  • Mandaarians - human-appearing, peaceful (?) psionic species, have visited multiple times from 1973-1999
  • Gadroon - intended conquest 1977 & 1984
  • Malvan - Firewing is a published enhanced one
  • Fassai - part of the Velarian Confederation, 55,000 light-years away, Hercualn is one
  • Perseid/Dorvalan - have primitive FLT drives, Ironclad is one
  • Mon'dabi - reptilian
  • Se'ecra - insectoid
  • Varanyi - psionic
  • Xenovores - fearsome (Are these the ones from Star Hero Alien Wars?)
  • Thorgons - enigmatic
  • Thane - nearly extinct
  • Selenites - insectoid race on the moon
  • Nebula - from Andromeda galaxy (CKC)
  • Vibron - from Andromeda galaxy (CKC)

So, aside from Firewing, Herculan, and Ironclad, (all in CKC), are there any write-ups for the others?

Re: Aliens - where are they?

The Mon'dabi, Perseids, Se'ecra, Thorgons, Varanyi, Hzeel (you forgot them), Malvans, Mandaarians, Fassai, and Xenovores are written up in Terran Empire, along with many others. They're future versions of the races, but probably can be used with little to no modification for Champions.

The Thane are mentioned, but not written up. I think I remember that they were (or will be) written up somewhere, but I don't remember where. The Sirians, Qularr, and Gadroon are very minor races by the time of Terran Empire, and are not written up. There should be more information on Xenovores in Alien Wars. I don't remember seeing the Selenites anywhere.

There may be more information in Worlds of Empire; I don't own that one yet.

Thanks for the info.

The Hzeel aren't listed in CU on page 95, with the rest. I checked the index and while it lists page 132, the text from that page is an error and is actually text from page 128. :( So, no Hzeel info there. (As a note, I couldn't find the page correction info in FAQ, though it may be elsewhere.)

For the Selenites, there is a brief history of them in UNTIL: Defenders of Freedom on page 162.

The Mon'dabi' date=' Perseids, Se'ecra, Thorgons, Varanyi, Hzeel (you forgot them), Malvans, Mandaarians, Fassai, and Xenovores are written up in [i']Terran Empire[/i], along with many others. They're future versions of the races, but probably can be used with little to no modification for Champions.

The Thane are mentioned, but not written up. I think I remember that they were (or will be) written up somewhere, but I don't remember where. The Sirians, Qularr, and Gadroon are very minor races by the time of Terran Empire, and are not written up. There should be more information on Xenovores in Alien Wars. I don't remember seeing the Selenites anywhere.

There may be more information in Worlds of Empire; I don't own that one yet.

The Thane are in Worlds of Empire, in the GM section :)

Thanks for the info.

The Hzeel aren't listed in CU on page 95, with the rest. I checked the index and while it lists page 132, the text from that page is an error and is actually text from page 128. :( So, no Hzeel info there. (As a note, I couldn't find the page correction info in FAQ, though it may be elsewhere.)

For the Selenites, there is a brief history of them in UNTIL: Defenders of Freedom on page 162.

The correct version of CU p. 132 can be downloaded as a free printable PDF from here. It's accessed via the 5E book Errata page.

FWIW there are also writeups for other Hero Universe alien races, and further details about some of those mentioned in Champions Universe, published in Digital Hero. For example, DH #8 includes more detailed information about the Osathri, the Shiseki, and the Az'arc'a, including game stats. There's a substantial free sample from that article here. In DH #9 there are additional tidbits about the various aliens from Terran Empire that were cut from the main book. Again, some of that article is in a free sample. There's also an adventure revolving around the Shiseki in DH #11.

You can also find a couple of adventures in DH revolving around the Xenovores, in DH #20 (free sample here), and in #21 (with this free sample). There's also a licensed adventure for the Alien Wars setting, Rescue at Karadonna, available in PDF from the Online Store.

OK' date=' so [i']Terran Empire[/i] is on my to-buy list as well as Hidden Lands. I'd also like Galactic Champions for the feel along with a few others. Now, what can I afford?
Well, I bought all three. :cool: I wish there had been damaged copies of Terran Empire and Galactic Champions for sale. Since I'm a stickler on my credit card, it will probably be at least four months before I put anything else on it. (I also put lunch, two haircuts, and three needed baby items on it today.)

For the sake of completeness and for everyone's information:

Aliens:

Sirians - UNTIL p11; Hidden Lands p12; Champions Universe p95, 131-32; Terran Empire p44

Qularr - Champions Univers p23, 94-95; Terran Empire p44-45

Mandaarians - Terran Empire p46-47, 194-95; Champions Universe p24, 95; Millennium City p87; UNTIL p.122; Galatic Champions p28, 33, 39, 90; Teen Champions p135; Worlds Of Empire p105-10, 151 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p46)

Gadroon - Millennium City p87; Champions Universe p24-25, 95; Terran Empire p45; Teen Champions p119; UNTIL p.12

Malvan - Terran Empire p45, 76-78, 134, 194, 204; Galatic Champions p32, 40; Worlds Of Empire p133-35, 138, 149, 157 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p45)

Fassai - Champions Universe p95; Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks p156; Galatic Champions p42; Terran Empire p41 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p41)

Perseid/Dorvalan - Terran Empire p30-31; Worlds Of Empire p117-22; Galatic Champions p37, 40 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p31)

Mon'dabi - AW.154, 156; Terran Empire p27-28, 134; Galatic Champions p37, 40; Champions Universe p95; Worlds Of Empire p123-27 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p28)

Se'ecra - Champions Universe p95; Galatic Champions p37, 39, 41, 100; Terran Empire p16, 32-33, 135

Varanyi - Terran Empire p38-39; Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks p30; Champions Universe p95, 133; Galatic Champions p27-28, 34, 42; Worlds Of Empire p141 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p39)

Xenovores - Champions Universe p95, 133; Galatic Champions p26, 42; Terran Empire p8, 48, 135; Worlds Of Empire p8, 12, 15, 21, 26, 33, 38, 44, 60, 70, 88, 93, 108, 133, 138, 142, 147 (also, Alien Wars contains a great deal of information on them as a species)

Thorgons - Champions Universe p95; Galatic Champions p26-28, 34, 42; Terran Empire p36-37; Worlds Of Empire p128-30, 153-54 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p37)

Thane - Champions Universe p95; Galatic Champions p88; Terran Empire p46-47, 195; Worlds Of Empire p157-59

Selenites - Champions Universe p23, 24, 131-32; UNTIL p.162

Hzeel - Terran Empire p43-44; Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks p36, 42, 106, 141, 163; Champions Universe p132-33; Galatic Champions p37; Teen Champions p50; Villainy Amok p43 (Package Deal: Terran Empire p44)

Individuals:

Nebula - Champions Universe p95; Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks p184 (Species: Yuun'ta, only reference is in Nebula's wriTerran Empire pup that I'm aware of)

Vibron - Champions Universe p95; Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks p214; USPD1.241 (Species: Tay'maar, no further references are made I'm aware of)

Hmmm. What about the Elder Worm? I've heard of these things' date=' know that there is a villain that is one, but that's about all I know of them/it. (Hell, I don't even know what they look like, and yet I'm using them as a possible origin story for one of my characters...)[/quote']

You'd need a time machine rather than a space ship to visit the Elder Worms...they lived in Earths ancient past.

Grimble

Hmmm. What about the Elder Worm? I've heard of these things' date=' know that there is a villain that is one, but that's about all I know of them/it. (Hell, I don't even know what they look like, and yet I'm using them as a possible origin story for one of my characters...)[/quote']There is a write-up for a "Typical Elder Worm" in CKC on the sidebar of page 198. (Sorry, no picture.) If they are anything similar to the Elder White Crawlers of previous editions, then they look like giant (9 levels of growth) maggots with an eye at one end surrounded by six tentacles.

Yeah' date=' I thought it was in the wrong section, should have been in [i']Star Hero...[/i]
I definitely wanted this thread in the Champions section since that's the genre that I play and was hoping there would be Champions genre material that was relevant (such as Galactic Champions). This is in the right section, even if the single biggest source material is a part of Star HERO.

Champions Universe lists several ("at least a dozen") aliens, but what book(s) can I find them in?

The 16 aliens listed are:

• Sirians - attacked earth in 1938, supposedly 1970s they were a minor species in the Malvan territory
  • Qularr - 1965 tried to invade & conquer Earth; brought "gigantic monsters" which are contained on an island near Japan
  • Mandaarians - human-appearing, peaceful (?) psionic species, have visited multiple times from 1973-1999
  • Gadroon - intended conquest 1977 & 1984
  • Malvan - Firewing is a published enhanced one
  • Fassai - part of the Velarian Confederation, 55,000 light-years away, Hercualn is one
  • Perseid/Dorvalan - have primitive FLT drives, Ironclad is one
  • Mon'dabi - reptilian
  • Se'ecra - insectoid
  • Varanyi - psionic
  • Xenovores - fearsome (Are these the ones from Star Hero Alien Wars?)
  • Thorgons - enigmatic
  • Thane - nearly extinct
  • Selenites - insectoid race on the moon
  • Nebula - from Andromeda galaxy (CKC)
  • Vibron - from Andromeda galaxy (CKC)

So, aside from Firewing, Herculan, and Ironclad, (all in CKC), are there any write-ups for the others?

I have not seen a 5th Ed write up for them yet so they may not exist in

the current universe but there is also the Kite, the insectoid race that

Thok belongs (belonged?) to from the old Enemies books. The most recent

version I know of is in the 4th Edition book "Classic Enemies"....

Additionally, tho it is also 4th Edition, you might want to take a gander at

"Alien Enemies" for potential species.

-Carl-

For the sake of being thuroughly complete:

Elder Worm - Conqueror's, Killers, And Crooks p198-200; DEMON: Servants Of Darkness p39, 60; Galatic Champions p32, 87-88; Hidden Lands p46, 87; Teen Champions p44; Terran Empire p46, 195; Worlds of Empire p157-59

The Slug - Champions Univers p17, 24; Hidden Lands p46; DEMON: Servants Of Darkness p60, 154; Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks p198; Teen Champions.44; VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent p172

Hmmm. What about the Elder Worm? I've heard of these things' date=' know that there is a villain that is one, but that's about all I know of them/it. (Hell, I don't even know what they look like, and yet I'm using them as a possible origin story for one of my characters...)[/quote']

Essentially, the Elder Worms are an ancient malevolent magic using race, in the style of "Lovecraftian" Horrors from Beyond. They served the Kings of Edom (think Lovecraft's Old Ones), and dominated much of this galaxy, including Earth in the days of Mankind's infancy, until being all but wiped out in a long bitter war with the Malvans. Pockets of the Elder Worms continued to survive in hidden refuges on Earth and other worlds; sometimes secretly ruling the natives, at other times entering a state of dormancy until conditions are ripe for them to awaken and attempt to seize power again.

The Elder Worm who is active and widely known in the present-day Champions Universe is known as the Slug, written up in Conquerors, Killers And Crooks. A prince of his race, his spirit possessed a modern archaeologist, transforming his human body, mind and spirit into that of the Slug. Slug wields a powerful magic artifact, the Talisman of the Elder Worm, which can transform humans into lesser Elder Worms serving the Slug. He uses it to create followers, while he searches for other lost Worm artifacts to aid him in his quest to conquer the Earth.

Artist Andrew Cremeans illustrated the Slug using his Talisman in Champions Universe. He put that illustration in his art gallery on his personal website. To see the full image, click on the thumbnail at the left of the webpage; it's the last thumbnail on the right, third row from the top.

BTW the Elder Worms created a psionically-gifted servant race, the Thane, who are also mentioned in Terran Empire, and are further detailed in the Star HERO supplement Worlds Of Empire. WOE also describes a few other magic artifacts used by the Elder Worms.