Storn Art From Idea to Full Picture Year 4

death tribble

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Art From Idea to Full Picture Year 4

Hey, Korvar:

Iron Horse was the name of an NPC I created for a WWII GURPS Supers game that never took off - he was a fairly typical brick in most respects (super-high STR, nigh-invulnerable, etc.), save one: he could run really, really fast. Not Flash fast, but waaay faster than you would expect from a 7'5'', 550 lb slab of muscle.

In other words, he fit the definition of "freight train" from The Ultimate Brick perfectly. As a final touch, I gave him the advantage "Penetrating Call". Basically, a terrifying loud yell that could be heard for miles. I could imagine him chugging across the battlefield at 120 mph, screaming: "WOOO-WOOOOO!"

So there ya go. A use for the name.

Another option: a steamtech-styled set of power armour reminiscent of a locomotive engine?

There have been a lot of power armour ideas that are based off prototype military power suits. It might be interesting to see a suit developed for non-military purposes' date=' like firefighting.[/quote']

I've always liked the idea of non-military based technologies, even if some of it was developed for their use. A good example is in Batman Begins, where they end up using the bridge building car as his batmobile. Or the guy who built armor to withstand bear attacks and is now marketing a military armor set. =)

Also, firefighting as you mentioned or otherwise would be a great basis... and in a sense, could be an allegory to the many societies that implemented farm tools as weapons and the like as well. Has a good basis in historical items, etc.

Heck, even Mechwarrior: Dark Ages (the Clix game) has some of this in it, which makes for some interesting looking mechs... :)

Have you checked out Metal Storm? It has a firefighting component to it. Yet it is an extremely lethal weapon.

FIREFIGHTING? I've seen the Metal Storm deal but nothing about putting out fires or anything related. Explain it a little? BTW, the whole idea is pretty neat! There was another thread about this somewhere... Dark Champions, possibly...

Unfortunately the Metalstorm site is getting revamped so all the non-military applications are gone so you can check these:

http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire02/PDF/f02101.pdf

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2002_April_26/ai_85118172

http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/archive/index.php/t-31293.html

There are some graphics that Metalstorm had up on their site showing the apparatus and such, but I couldn't find it anyway.

The Remnant

Figure floating in mid-air, patchwork of different tattered costumes, with some open spaces between body parts. In the spaces a glowing energy "skeleton" can be made out. One hand noticeably male, one noticeable female, some robotic parts, misc. possible foci. Several unrelated power effects going on at once.

Remnant is all that remains of the (insert hero team name here). Years past, their arch-nemesis managed to kill them with a massive explosion. The collective willpower combined with the team mystic's spirit to give them new "life" as a gestalt being, The Remnant, which thwarted the surprised villain. Today The Remnant mostly lives...somewhere...in seclusion, but will sometimes appear in times of great need.

Each of the parts retains some of the original hero's powers - the eye has vision powers and eyebeams, one arm can use fire, the other is super-strong, etc.

Each of the parts retains some of the original hero's powers - the eye has vision powers and eyebeams' date=' one arm can use fire, the other is super-strong, etc.[/quote']

...the breasts defy gravity...

Ok, seriously, this is a very interesting concept. Creepy, but neat. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Tribble: Any updates for this contest? Are we close to a winner yet? Just curious. :)

Keith

Or at least finalists....:)
Pssst... Tribble?
That's The Trouble With Tribbles.

:winkgrin:

Give the guy a chance.

He's in France on holiday for the Abyss's sake !

Consider yourself excommunicated... France... of all the places in the world... sheesh... FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown

:D Hope you're having a lovely holiday. :D

Consider yourself excommunicated... France... of all the places in the world... sheesh... FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown

While it is France, :shudder: perhaps the Tribble is either cheering in the new president or hissing out the old?

:D

While it is France, :shudder: perhaps the Tribble is either cheering in the new president or hissing out the old?

Perhaps... and while I'm ashamed to admit it... I do like to hear french women talk... dunno why, I just do, it just SCREAMS *BLEEP* *BLEEP* in my mind... even if they are telling me to *BLEEP* *BLEEP* or they'll call the police...

(Mental Note: get the wife to learn French!)

Just watched "Lila Says..." and I dunno if the actress in that movie is actually french, but... *sigh* And right up until the end of the movie, where bad things happen and I have my typical excessively angry that crap like that happens thing, I was way intrigued by the story in any case... when I could get my head away from the wanting to slowly tenderize a person into hamburger stage ala Hardigan in Sin City... darnit, that is such a trigger for me... Enraged, 18- onset, 3- cool down... *sigh* I'll shut up now, total tangent, my apologies.

As Mexico or Canada are to you, France, the Netherlands and Spain are to the British

We are losing Jacques Chirac and Tony Blair at around the same time. And don't blame the French if you don't like Sarkosy. He was educated in America. So any prejudices he picked up are your fault.

I'll trim out some ideas when I get the time. I am not caught up yet.

Bug up your arse?

As Mexico or Canada are [sic] to you' date=' France, the Netherlands and Spain are to the British[/quote']Hmm, Mexico: Cheap, illegal labor? Drain on resources? Dumbing down the country? Can't be that country (unless you went for cheap alcohol).
And don't blame the French if you don't like Sarkosy.
What part of "cheering in the new president" made you think I didn't like Sarkosy? :stupid:
He was educated in America. So any prejudices he picked up are your fault.
I wonder if I should point out how asinine your reasoning is here or just let it slip by?

Re: Bug up your arse?

Hmm' date=' Mexico: Cheap, illegal labor? Drain on resources? Dumbing down the country? Can't be that country (unless you went for cheap alcohol).What part of "cheering in the new president" made you think I didn't like Sarkosy? :stupid:I wonder if I should point out how asinine your reasoning is here or just let it slip by?[/quote']

What part of Mexico and Canada being your next door neighbours escaped you ? Dummy. I'll let the rest slip as you obviously got out of the wrong side of the bed today.

As a whole, I avoid talking politics and religion in mixed company unless someone insists... mostly because very few people can discuss either civilly, logically, or will even listen to an opposing view. I'd recommend similarly here.

I stated the dislike of the French, so partly my fault, but I did specifically delete any reasons why to cut off any discussion.

Death Tribble has a good thread here, let's not derail it completely and besmirch it.