Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

M1911a1 turned 100 years old this year (on March 29th).....just figured I'd give old slab sides a shout out since it still remains my number one favorite handgun of all times. :D

~Rex....says there is a lot of legacy in characters in HERO with .45's .....and you always come off cooler then if you pulled out a pair of Razorcat race guns, especially if you are rocking the Fedora and Domino mask.

Also just got an original Civil War cap and ball revolver. A Savage .36 cal.

This is what it's supposed to look like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39415[/ATTACH]

This is what it actually looks like. It's going to be a loooonnng restoration. But fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39416[/ATTACH]

I was just looking at those in my price guide for Cowboy action shooting...

You would really need some practice in the

"manual of arms" for them... imo

a rifle I just found out about: The originals fired a weak .44 cartrige. about like a 44 russian, iirc. The later ones used a longer cartridge, power about like a .44 magnum (when the magnum is fired in a revolver) The advantage? The original held up to 34 rounds and the later one up to 28 rounds!

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/blancard/evans.htm

Yeah the 1919a6 had a shoulder Stock, but couldn't fire it from the shoulder with any sort of on target accuracy. Besides it wasn't about cost. It was about showing up with the biggest swinging set at the competition at the end of that show. :D

This weeks Sons of Guns was a good time too. Adding that 1000 yard AK to my Christmas list.

~Rex

Yeah the 1919a6 had a shoulder Stock, but couldn't fire it from the shoulder with any sort of on target accuracy. Besides it wasn't about cost. It was about showing up with the biggest swinging set at the competition at the end of that show. :D

This weeks Sons of Guns was a good time too. Adding that 1000 yard AK to my Christmas list.

~Rex

I've only watched the beginning so far...

If I lived somewhere that it was legal, and could afford it, I would love to have an M14 converted to .250 savage, possibly the ackley improved version. I suspect that with a heavy barrel and pistolgrip stock as in the M14a1E2 or whatever they called it, the combination would be easily controlled.

I've only watched the beginning so far...

If I lived somewhere that it was legal, and could afford it, I would love to have an M14 converted to .250 savage, possibly the ackley improved version. I suspect that with a heavy barrel and pistolgrip stock as in the M14a1E2 or whatever they called it, the combination would be easily controlled.

No doubt. That's not a bad configuration to contemplate. I still want that 1KAK though, heh.

~Rex

Just came across a S&W Combat Magnum with a 4" barrel for $450. Gunsmith already safety checked it and its good. The rear sight seems a tad off, but more to the point... somebody chromed it. Decently, but its still chromed. *sigh* I'm still tempted to buy it. It has the numbered cylinder holes, recessed, ramped sight (missing the colored bit), the whole business otherwise. *sigh* Trigger seems good, otherwise everything seems to move right and all that... just... argh...

Just came across a S&W Combat Magnum with a 4" barrel for $450. Gunsmith already safety checked it and its good. The rear sight seems a tad off' date=' but more to the point... somebody chromed it. Decently, but its still chromed. *sigh* I'm still tempted to buy it. It has the numbered cylinder holes, recessed, ramped sight (missing the colored bit), the whole business otherwise. *sigh* Trigger seems good, otherwise everything seems to move right and all that... just... argh...[/quote']

I don't have any cash to throw around, sadly. I would love that limited edition Lipsey's Ruger Blackhawk .45 colt in the smaller .357 frame. As well as a couple hundred rounds of ammo for all my guns. :(

My dad just picked up a RUger LCR .38 spl. He is very happy with it, said recoil is easily controllable and the accuracy is good enough for acceptable groups at 40 yds. NOt bad for a bellygun. He decided he just felt more comfortable with a revolver than an auto.

I wonder if I can talk him out of his Keltec P3AT? ;)

At least that isn't as bad as the crome job a guy did to a Mauser C96 I was thinking of buying once. Before he put it into the croming tank the only parts he removed were the wood grips.

In other words, he turned it into a sculpture. :(

I drooled over a WInchester Model 71 in 348 that was hard chromed for an Alaskan hunt... That was pretty. Matte gray, basically.

WOOT!....New Toy came in today! Holster Grip for the Open Carry......

http://www.naaminis.com/magnum.htmlhttp://

~Rex

A friend of my dad's used to carry one of those mini-revolvers in the socket of his artificial leg. He was odd in more ways than one. Though I wish I could have gotten his Coonan .357 when he passed away.

Thinking of starting up a build contest, characters and gear over in the Dark Champions thread, with some adventure hook stuff as well but apparently the site ate the post the two times I tried to start it *shrug*. Would be interesting to see what firearm knowledgeable people choose to outfit themselves with when limited to real world selections, heh.

~Rex

Thinking of starting up a build contest, characters and gear over in the Dark Champions thread, with some adventure hook stuff as well but apparently the site ate the post the two times I tried to start it *shrug*. Would be interesting to see what firearm knowledgeable people choose to outfit themselves with when limited to real world selections, heh.

~Rex

I put a character together some years ago for a more or less dark Champions. I equipped him with a Para-Ordnance P-14 .45 Super with LaserGrips and iirc a "Carry-Comp" style muzzle brake.

I can't remember whether I ever actually built a character using an EAA Witness 10mm, though it is high on my future list. Two of them, and then

Paired with an MP5-10 or one of the 10mm AR-15 carbines...

And I see no reason a 10mm could not use subsonic loads with a 220 gr bullet at 1000fps for suppressed use...

Or maybe a .45 long colt Ruger Redhawk and a Marlin lever action in the same caliber, with a mix of ammunition. Hard cast lead and x-bullets for lighter targets.

oh well...

I was going to basically redo the Movie Predators. Build the high End cinematic Characters, so 275/50, then Outfit a kit one would be carrying on their respective "gig" so to speak before the Pred's snatch them to play out an episode of Expendable's Island.

Ran that basically as part of a beer and pretzles side arc I do with a batch of my players when breaks are needed. Worked out well but they are all fairly clueless when it comes to weaponry, so they built in terms of Dice, not exactly in terms of knowledge if you get the picture.

Hence why I wanted to spark it up here, mostly to see the character builds but also to have some Gun Fun. May try and post it up again.

~Rex