Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

I was going to basically redo the Movie Predators. Build the high End cinematic Characters, so 275/50, then Outfit a kit one would be carrying on their respective "gig" so to speak before the Pred's snatch them to play out an episode of Expendable's Island.

Ran that basically as part of a beer and pretzles side arc I do with a batch of my players when breaks are needed. Worked out well but they are all fairly clueless when it comes to weaponry, so they built in terms of Dice, not exactly in terms of knowledge if you get the picture.

Hence why I wanted to spark it up here, mostly to see the character builds but also to have some Gun Fun. May try and post it up again.

~Rex

Now where in the many stacks are my Hero books buried?

One of the Hardest things though was to spend all the points in the right way, THEN, select gear that made sense, Yet, wouldn't make you go splat on the ground when the Predators boot you out into freefall.

I did have a few folks try the combo from the movie but even the movie doesn't really think (except of course for the main character) when you look at each of their perspective weapon lads based upon what they were.

Game played out well, but the builds I think, could be really interesting if constructed by folks with a real world knowledge of such things.

~Rex

I heard they were back in business...???

Seems to be. Least the Site works. http://www.coonaninc.com/

$1529 plus tax for the Stainless with black walnut grips, and fully adjustable serrated night sights with two of the new Magazines. I like the .357 to .38 super options too.

~Rex....resist's temptation.....RESISTS!

I'll see that, and raise you one of my personal firearms heroes.....and the man I use to shut down naysayers that seem to have issues with real people being able to pull off anything on a HERO stat sheet that involves actually spending points in places......without further ado, I present, Jerry Miculek....

(not the best video but the clearest that shows both the three gun demo AND the challenge.....)

~Rex.... Jerry never fired that weapon before, cold fire, no warm up shots with that weapon, Semi Automatic Integrally Suppressed AK-47, 1.52 seconds. 10 Rounds of 7.62 Warsaw.... .12 Seconds slower then Full Auto (1.4 seconds 10 rounds full auto familiar weapon). Talk about a SLIVER of a difference, and certainly worth a naked autofire advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice, but I think I'll settle for the Selective Fire Fully Suppressed M-19 40mm that was on Sons of Guns tonight.....that shows a damn goldmine of coolness.

~Rex

If they had suppressed the newer lightweight GMG... still wow!

• 2 weeks later...

They want 1' date='300 bucks for it at Cabela's... I can pick up a .22 Remington from them for just near a hundred bucks.... Wow... That's absurd in my opinion.[/quote']

true,but for the well heeled, the "ain't it cool?" factor is there.

though I am fond of either the rugeer 10-22 or thw CZUSA products for .22lr.

I was moving our inventory of prop weapons today and stumbled across a few noteworthy bits among the dreck.

we have a remarkably solid selection of actual antique guns from the 19th century, all of which are totally destroyed (unfortunately, but predictably)

I also, however, came across what appears to be a potentially fixable Daisy Targeteer .118 caliber air pistol, blued with adjustable rear sights, which pretty well dates it at 1949-52 if my research is solid. hopper barrel, super-low velocity spring gun (around 100 fps). I have deemed it neat and might try and fix it up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39815[/ATTACH]

I was moving our inventory of prop weapons today and stumbled across a few noteworthy bits among the dreck.

we have a remarkably solid selection of actual antique guns from the 19th century, all of which are totally destroyed (unfortunately, but predictably)

I also, however, came across what appears to be a potentially fixable Daisy Targeteer .118 caliber air pistol, blued with adjustable rear sights, which pretty well dates it at 1949-52 if my research is solid. hopper barrel, super-low velocity spring gun (around 100 fps). I have deemed it neat and might try and fix it up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39815[/ATTACH]

If you decide to throw any out... I'll take 'em!

If you decide to throw any out... I'll take 'em!

My old props master was a professional antiques restorer, and I managed to catch a bit of the bug. I have been sort of itching to dust off a few of those skills, so I might make a project out of , if not actually repairing them, prettying them up so at least they'll pass the 30 foot rule