Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

That particular volley gun has the kick of seven guns, and should be modeled with both a high Strength minimum and a sizeable side-effect to model the recoil. I used to have a Russian-made 12-gauge shotgun that looked like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=38652&d=1306202739

Shooting just a few shells made my shoulder sore. I can't imagine what firing seven shots at once would feel like, but the Nock Volley Gun was well-known for bruising, dislocating or even breaking it's user's shoulder, even if they were prepared for the kick.

That, actually, is a consequence of the translators assuming that Mateba was a Japanese transliteration of an English word.

Basically, the translators didn't do the research to find out it really was called the Mateba and that it was the product of an Italian gunsmith.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38807

Remington model 11 shotgun set into special mount to emulate aircraft machine gun.

150px-Colt_Roots_British_Carbine.JPG

Colt revolving rifle

attachment.php?attachmentid=38810

MTs-255 Russian shotgun fed by a revolving cylinder

This weapon is similar in appearance to a .45-50 revolving rifle one of my Western Hero characters had made. From the look of things, it loads from a swing-out cylinder.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38811

Maynard carbine (fires externally-primed metallic cartridges)

attachment.php?attachmentid=38812&d=1306963948

LeMat Revolving carbine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3d-KigBTQ8&NR=1

Johnny Ringo, the only TV western hero I know of who used a LeMat revolver. If you watch the whole thing, you'll get to see him shoot the gun out of someone's hand.

pencil.png

Assuming you're fighting mostly living beings' date=' and can hit vulnerable areas, wouldn't poison bullets be the uber-ammo?[/quote']

I dunno, in the army we were taught (by the way, not really taught, it was just a saying), "Two in the head, you know their dead" (we were actually taught to aim for center mass, and double tap). It's when you do the cordon/movement through the objective that you put two in the guys head to make sure that he's not just wounded, or unconscious (we were warned, if you go past them, and then do it, then it's a war crime, so better just to make sure as you go)... That's better than poison...

Even better than that, try a 12 gauge slug... that'll ruin someones day, I don't care what armor he's got on. I even saw something somewhere (maybe here) where the dude was using slug and buck shot rounds... in one shell... nice!

Even better, a SCAR Heavy, with double taps to center mass, and as you follow through to take the ground, use a sawed off 12 gauge with bird shot (or those rounds that have buck shot and bird shot in one shell) to the face of anyone lying down... That should end the issue. Some SF troops carry a sawed off pistol grip shotty strapped in right under their arm (though it's honestly more used for a Hasty door breach than it is for shooting people, and even then it's normally a 410 or 16 gauge).

Assuming you're fighting mostly living beings' date=' and can hit vulnerable areas, wouldn't poison bullets be the uber-ammo?[/quote']

Most poisons aren't as immediately incapacitating as massive trauma and blood loss. Poison might speed things up, but not so much as you'd notice. Perhaps if your intended victim escaped before suffering a mortal wound?

Here's some more interesting firearms:

Three barrels and eighteen shots. For the gunslinger who just hates to reload.

conc.jpg

image_preview.php?i=216&u=12450040threeb10.jpg

threex10.jpg

10630610.jpg

1894 blow forward Steyr pistol,loaded by a 5 round stripper clip

pistolsilverwear.jpg

Apparently, dining was a more hazardous undertaking back in the day.

drillg10.jpg

McGyver would be so proud.

2005_e10.jpg

If the gunshot doesn't stop 'im you can always chop firewood.

Impracticallylarge.jpg

Brass casings from a 2-bore rifle. Presumably for taking REALLY BIG game.