Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Is that first one A K-11?

It's a movie gun' date=' so I don't know what it is (nor do I know what movie it's from). I found it while browsing the Internet Movie Firearms DataBase (IMFDB).

It's from Battle Royale II: Requiem

The Type-03 rifle from Battle Royale, based on the FAMAS

BRType03famas.jpg

It's from Battle Royale II: Requiem

The Type-03 rifle from Battle Royale, based on the FAMAS

BRType03famas.jpg

If I had looked closer, I would have realized it has a traditional under barrel Grenade launcher...

Epic failure of weapon ID!

• 3 weeks later...

I just scared myself. Buffalobore ammunition has some new ones.

This one is scary

http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=253

.45 colt +P+ Barnes Xbullet 225 grains at 1500fps!

I have been reading about the custom conversions of revolvers. This has given me many dangerous ideas.

OTOH, there is a new version of the Ruger Blackhawk that I am drooling over. It is on the smaller .357 flat top frame, but in .45 LC. It would not be safe with the monster magnum .45 colt loads, but as it has a replacement cylinder in .45 acp, it should be safe with loads at about 21000 cup. This allows a 300 grain bullet to reach 1000fps pretty easily...

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Blackhawk-Flattop-45-Colt-45-ACP-Convertible.aspx

The BFR series can be chambered in .450 Marlin' date=' and holds 5 rounds. I have no idea how one would properly fire such a monster, though.[/quote']

I've watched someone shoot that monster. A little old man, probably in his 70's. So, I would imagine at least part of it is experience and skill with hand cannons. I think they were firing loaded down shells, but it was still quite the boomer. Seems to me, that the whole class of firearms is generally most favored by guys who like to shoot at things very far away, as I had seen these guys before at a range where they shoot rifles mounted in boxes and only allow one round in any gun you bring.

I like the occasional cannon, but not enough to buy them at full price. I'm skulking about waiting for one of the macho morons to buy 'em, so I can sweep in and pick one up at a steal to sit in my safe and come out for the occasional "holy crap, this is crazy to shoot" range session. I have no practical use for one, but I think they are neat. Me and the .44 are comfortable enough.

I just got one last week.

Awesome!

could you get me the external diameter and length of the cylinder?

I looked in a book on cartridge conversions of percussion revolvers, but the originals were so rare no-one seems to have done them.

Awesome!

could you get me the external diameter and length of the cylinder?

I looked in a book on cartridge conversions of percussion revolvers, but the originals were so rare no-one seems to have done them.

Taylors and Company sells conversion cylinders.

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/detail-accessories.tpl?subcategory=Conversion%20Cylinders&startat=11

A new walker from them is $380.00 Dia. of the cylinder is 1 7/8th inch and length is 2 1/2 inch