Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

I was going to make a big post with lots of pictures, but decided that it was a huge pain in the butt to find all that stuff. So I yoinked a couple and I'll put them here, expecting others to do the same.

Criteria for this is that the gun is a bit different. Anyone can go and look up the military weapons of various eras that have been in use for some time. I'd like to see some of the different ones, though it doesn't have to be crazy.

So, for my entry, I present two iterations of the S&W .500 Magnum X-Frame revolver. One is a full-on snubby, and one is a 4" barreled snubby. This is basically a big bore old-school style round for a revolver that really belongs in some over-built lever or dual barrel rifle. =)

The other is an AK-47 altered by Kreb's Customs that takes the modular benefits of the M-16/M-4/AR-15 family of rifles and adapts them to the reliable mechanisms of an AK-47 style rifle. Very yummy!

And finally, the revolver from Hellboy, cuz its just cool. =) If you can't tell, I have a thing for revolvers... I'd buy the 4" S&W just for giggles, even if my wrist aches just thinking about shooting it. :idjit:

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Here are a couple. The first is the "PKD12" This was the gun used by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner. It has a normal cylinder with, more or less normal, bullets but it has a second barrel with a single big nasty bullet for delivering the coup de grace on that renegade replicant you just brought down.

Next is a gun I downloaded long ago from where I can't remember. The picture is called "plasma pistols" which works for me.

Lastly we have the Mateba semi-automatic revolver in .357. This pistol was actually inspired by the anime Ghost in the Shell. The revolver fires from the bottom of the cylinder instead of the top and has a semi-automatic action that re-cocks the hammer with each shot. These pistols are handcrafted by a small Italian gun maker and are said to be very accurate. The low barrel helps to reduce recoil making them much easier to handle that one would expect. Versions are also made in .44 Magnum and .454 Casull.

Desert eagle (I wanted a Dessert Eagle instead, but hey they say that this one comes in .50 cal and I'm watching my weight)

I'm not sure exactly what that is, might be as BB gun of some kind, I downloaded it because it had a cool look.

Another one, a USP, I'm sure that is not a BB Gun

Last one is a rifle, really not sure it isn't some sort of BBGun either.

My Little M-16.... The Longshot.... The Wildely gas-operated pistol... Plasma Rifle in the 40W Range... "I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." (Standard M41 Pulse Rifle....)

Next is a gun I downloaded long ago from where I can't remember. The picture is called "plasma pistols" which works for me.

That ain't no plasma pistol - that's the HASP 220 (Hand Artillery, Self-Portable: hey, I didn't make up the name :D) by Moebius, from Dystopia.

Dystopia, by the bye, has a whole bunch o' weapons designed and rendered by Moebius. You have to register (it's free) to join and see the galleries, but they have some neat stuff.

Here's a teaser:

http://moebius.team-dystopia.com/images/Copy%20of%20P94-B%20SpecSht.jpg

cheers, Mark

Desert eagle (I wanted a Dessert Eagle instead, but hey they say that this one comes in .50 cal and I'm watching my weight)

I'm not sure exactly what that is, might be as BB gun of some kind, I downloaded it because it had a cool look.

Another one, a USP, I'm sure that is not a BB Gun

Last one is a rifle, really not sure it isn't some sort of BBGun either.

The 2nd gun is a Desert Eagle as well, just modified for the Resident Evil movie... I think the 2nd one. The last one is also a prop gun, possibly to the same movie, not sure what it is... that huge handle-thing looks like its off a G-36 though.

Jere are some pics for weapons in my Gamma Hero game.

Just so you know, there are more modern renditions of the bolt pistol and hand flamer (the last two), just check any fansite or whatever for Warhammer 40k. If you like those, if you go through the various books there are even pictures of all the other army's weapons and such as well... I'd scan them if I weren't so lazy. :D

Here are a couple. The first is the "PKD12" This was the gun used by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner. It has a normal cylinder with' date=' more or less normal, bullets but it has a second barrel with a single big nasty bullet for delivering the [i']coup de grace[/i] on that renegade replicant you just brought down.

I posted stats for this one somewhere in the DC board. Look for PKD Blaster.

A little bit of searching found the PKD Revolver write-up that Susano did.

Pflager/Katsumata Series D Revolver

However if you look closely at the picture it says something about "Use 12mm something Caseless" and your write-up says .40 cal and 7.62mm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24824&d=1179890685

I'll have to work on that.

The .50 Beowulf 'Monster Slayer'

I love this gun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Beowulf

When fired from the modified AR-15, the .50 Beowulf displays excellent accuracy and power. It forms a 3/4 inch group at 100 yards, and can completely penetrate 10 inches of treated wood. However, it has somewhat lighter recoil than other large calibers, making it a better tactical caliber than other half-inch rounds. The kinetic energy conveyed by a .50 Beowulf bullet after 100 yards of travel is roughly the same as that conveyed by a 12-gauge shotgun slug (3" shell) at the muzzle.

http://www.alexanderarms.com/beowulf.htm

I would be interested in other people's write ups. I did one, but suspect that I went all 'fan-boy' on it and exaggerated the numbers:

50 Beowulf (Monster Slayer): (Total: 72 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, 4 clips of 7 Charges (+0), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), +1 STUN Multiplier (+1/4) (67 Active Points); STR Minimum 10 6-14 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 17) plus +1 OCV (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2)