Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

He is insane! months of physical therapy after the previous one???! I wonder how much he is paid. Sounds like the new one is also less painful, I doubt it would work very well one boozed up, hyped up rioters. Now if the Taser round for the shotguns were adapted to the FN303...

He is insane! months of physical therapy after the previous one???! I wonder how much he is paid. Sounds like the new one is also less painful' date=' I doubt it would work very well one boozed up, hyped up rioters. Now if the Taser round for the shotguns were adapted to the FN303...[/quote']

The FN 303 also fires pepper spray rounds, which theoretically means you could load some rounds up with CS/CN gas.

Last year when I shot a SMG for the first time the owner of the range showed me a glock that was auto. He had shot it many times and he could not control it. That 100 rd mag adds weight which looks like it adds controlablity (is that a word?LoL).

Lord Ghee

I was really wondering when someone would do something about the pressing problem of needing to fire 100 consecutive rounds from a Glock in a hurry, but lacking the magazine capacity to do so. Unfortunately, now I feel the need to fire several hundred rounds in a hurry...

I was really wondering when someone would do something about the pressing problem of needing to fire 100 consecutive rounds from a Glock in a hurry' date=' but lacking the magazine capacity to do so. Unfortunately, now I feel the need to fire several hundred rounds in a hurry...[/quote']

Maybe there's a belt-fed version in the works. ;)

Last year when I shot a SMG for the first time the owner of the range showed me a glock that was auto. He had shot it many times and he could not control it. That 100 rd mag adds weight which looks like it adds controlablity (is that a word?LoL).

Controllability has never been a selling point for any full auto pistol that I know of. It's more about shredding your opponent at very close range. There's usually some token attempt to try to control the recoil, like muzzle porting or the cheesy fold-down foregrip on the Beretta 93R. But realistically these are for spray and pray.

Which firearms are useful to a tactical shooter? There is no one answer – many aspects must be taken into account.Many of these have little or no relation to “effectiveness” – few militaries or police agencies arm their personnel with the “best” guns,

despite what they tell said personnel or claim in press releases.

Guns are selected for their cost (material is almost always bought from the lowest bidder), the cost of ammunition and accessories, their origin (“Not Invented Here” is often a big disadvantage in procurement for several reasons – some strategic, some silly), their availability (including in the specific quantity required), their relation to other weapons already in service, their fashionableness (“coolness factor” plays a remarkably big role even with national services), the personal preferences of those in charge of procurement, etc.

Bribing and cronyism also have their impact, and are definitely not confined to banana republics . . .

The Firearm Blog linked to a video of a full-auto Glock being fired. One of the comments from the thread was, "If I'm ever shot at, I want it to be with that." It made an AK look like a benchrest target rifle with match ammo.