Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Are they radioactive?

Lucky sob! ;)

Nope they were police confiscations in drug raids. A couple of days later I got a Remington Model 11 shotgun for $399.00. The Model 11 was a license built copy of the Browning Auto 5. The last Model 11 was built in 1947, but mine is older.

Nope they were police confiscations in drug raids. A couple of days later I got a Remington Model 11 shotgun for $399.00. The Model 11 was a license built copy of the Browning Auto 5. The last Model 11 was built in 1947' date=' but mine is older.[/quote']

I repeat "lucky Sob" ;):)

I wonder how the Walker would do with a "mulit-ball load" of two balls...

Why yes I am sick and twisted, Why do you ask? :eg:

Hey, gunbunnies! I couldn't find a fitting Star Hero thread for this musing: I'm pondering a weapon technology for my I-hope-one-day-I'll-get-to-play campaign. Coilguns that fire darts of memory metal (say, 2.5mm or 1/10"), that mushrooms out on impact. An ultra-tech hollow-point, basically.

Hey' date=' gunbunnies! I couldn't find a fitting Star Hero thread for this musing: I'm pondering a weapon technology for my I-hope-one-day-I'll-get-to-play campaign. Coilguns that fire darts of memory metal (say, 2.5mm or 1/10"), that mushrooms out on impact. An ultra-tech hollow-point, basically.[/quote']

Why bother using memory metal? Aside from the expense, I've never seen MM or Memory Plastics that act fast enough.

Instead use a soft lead dart with external hard steel striations that peel off on impact. The striations give the magnetic field something to grip, and they'll tumble like razors through the target while the soft lead balloons and cavitates.

The presence of effective armor -- laminated ceramics and so forth. And this is supposed to take place two-three hundred years ahead. I imagine this to be cutting-edge mil spec weaponry. Civilians still use combustion weaponry, for hunting purposes. Chemical sniffers make gunpowder obsolete for military use, since an unfired caseless cartridge can be detected up to a kilometer away.

The presence of effective armor -- laminated ceramics and so forth. And this is supposed to take place two-three hundred years ahead. I imagine this to be cutting-edge mil spec weaponry. Civilians still use combustion weaponry' date=' for hunting purposes. Chemical sniffers make gunpowder obsolete for military use, since an unfired caseless cartridge can be detected up to a kilometer away.[/quote']

Yeah, hard-shell armours would make soft-lead pretty useless. However, using a hard, high penetration dart with an explosive core (fused to detonate post-armour penetration, or to detonate if it DOESN'T penetrate (to destroy the armour for following rounds) would have a similar effect.

On the other hand, using both as competing technologies might be good too.

The presence of effective armor -- laminated ceramics and so forth. And this is supposed to take place two-three hundred years ahead. I imagine this to be cutting-edge mil spec weaponry. Civilians still use combustion weaponry' date=' for hunting purposes. Chemical sniffers make gunpowder obsolete for military use, since an unfired caseless cartridge can be detected up to a kilometer away.[/quote']

David Webber used gravitic acceleration of darts made of a super dense material that was its own explosive. Modern Engineers are working on "reactive materials" to form the pre-formed fragments in weapons from.

Nothing like a penetrator that explodes inside...

Also just got an original Civil War cap and ball revolver. A Savage .36 cal.

This is what it's supposed to look like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39415[/ATTACH]

This is what it actually looks like. It's going to be a loooonnng restoration. But fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39416[/ATTACH]

Nope they were police confiscations in drug raids. A couple of days later I got a Remington Model 11 shotgun for $399.00. The Model 11 was a license built copy of the Browning Auto 5. The last Model 11 was built in 1947' date=' but mine is older.[/quote']

I ran across a Model 11 back when I used to work at a gun store. Pretty beat up and wouldn't have been worth $399 -- except for the US Armory stamps. I believe the owner sold it for ~$500 at a show...

New Season of Suns of Gun's fired up last night. I'm adding the Saiga 12 ga. Pistol to my Xmas list.

~Rex

Caught a few eps myself as my son was watching. That show should be required watching for Dark Champs games. The stuff they were doing to M-16s was just sick -- and looked like a lot of fun to shoot if I'm not paying for the ammo... (Gotta love the triamese...)

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/sons-of-guns-triamese-m16-debut.html

I ran across a Model 11 back when I used to work at a gun store. Pretty beat up and wouldn't have been worth $399 -- except for the US Armory stamps. I believe the owner sold it for ~$500 at a show...

This one wasn't beat up at all. I got it from Cabelas gun library.

Caught a few eps myself as my son was watching. That show should be required watching for Dark Champs games. The stuff they were doing to M-16s was just sick -- and looked like a lot of fun to shoot if I'm not paying for the ammo... (Gotta love the triamese...)

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/sons-of-guns-triamese-m16-debut.html

I run through their catalog when I'm feeling down. Always makes me feel better. :D

~Rex

Also just got an original Civil War cap and ball revolver. A Savage .36 cal.

This is what it's supposed to look like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39415[/ATTACH]

This is what it actually looks like. It's going to be a loooonnng restoration. But fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39416[/ATTACH]

Would love to see it when its done. =)

Oh and Baloo? I am aware that the brass framed navies are reproductions of the Griswold and Gunnison confederate copy of the Colt .36 Navy. I have three of the brassies now.

I wasn't suggesting you didn't know that. I was just pointing it out for the benefit of those who didn't know. On the few gun sites I visit, I have seen brass-framed reproductions declaimed as "bogus reproductions" or even "counterfeit" because they had brass bits, and "everybody knows Colt didn't use brass".