Krim?

FJGA

Re: Krim?

All else I know of him is that he's the maternal uncle of Kal-Turak (aka Takofanes).

At least Tak comes by his attitude naturally. :rolleyes:

According to The Mystic World, Krim was a king of demons and during the Turakian Age a god of evil and destruction. Some sources say that he was either the father of the Dragon, or its son. Although once a great power, Krim now exists only through the Crowns and their wearers.

Krim is so tough, that under his beard, there's no chin, just another fist! :eek:

Sorry, I'll get me coat..

Krim only wears those crowns because it entertains Chuck Norris.

(yes... even I am getting sick of the Master Chuck references but this one was begging to come out.)

• 6 months later...

After 70,000 years without significant worship, I have an image of Krim reduced to a tiny, shrivelled, implike monster. Perhaps capable of the illusion of being much more fearsome, but having little real power any more.

However, a major ritual/sacrifice might be able to reverse his decline. :eg:

Now I'm picturing hctib from the webcomic "Looking For Group"

After 70,000 years without significant worship, I have an image of Krim reduced to a tiny, shrivelled, implike monster. Perhaps capable of the illusion of being much more fearsome, but having little real power any more.

And I'm picturing some kind of scenario in which shrivilled, implike Krim manipulates the PCs in some attempt to get his crowns back.

Pretty much where I was going with it, too. Something involving the Crowns of Krim villain team and perhaps Takofanes. Tak is hunting the Crowns himself in CU continuity; perhaps when he finds them Krim will attempt to seize the power of all the Crowns and their wearers! :eek:

According to Champions Universe: News Of The World

Takofanes' Dragon Crown can sense the location of the other Crowns when their wearers are forced to exert substantial amounts of power, as in a super-battle. If Krim can maneuver PCs into a fight with the Crowns, that could draw Takofanes to the site. At first it might seem that the PCs have to side with the Crowns against Tak to keep him from enslaving them... until Krim makes his move against all seven of the weakened Crown bearers.

I would probably introduce Krim to the PCs earlier in the campaign, appearing to be some sort of malevolent trickster, without naming him so they'd have no clue as to his true threat level. Krim's actions then or in a subsequent appearance may "inadvertently" lead the heroes to the Crowns.

EDIT: Hm, the way this thread is going maybe it should be moved to the Champions forum?

I decided to make Krim a major demon in my game. He was one of the original angels thrown from Heaven. In all the fuss, he managed to avoid falling into the pit and ended up on Earth on a small island. There he created a race of winged people to help in his quest for domination and power for the next several thousand years. Then Lucifer began his domination of Earth and was caught and bound in chains. These devine servants also captured Krim and finally sent him to Hell. He is currently serving a one thousand year sentence watching over Lucifer's imprisoned body.

One of my PCs is part of the winged race and so is distantly related to Krim. They met him two games ago and the PC discovered much of this to her astonishment.

Here's the picture I use:

http://www.asterick.com/realschluss/misc-pics/aylwin13-collection/Fantasy/Male/Dark-Eagle.html

I decided to make Krim a major demon in my game. He was one of the original angels thrown from Heaven. In all the fuss' date=' he managed to avoid falling into the pit and ended up on Earth on a small island. [/quote']

So, sort of demonic, hellspawned version of Gilligan, then?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! I can picture that....something like this.

And I'm picturing some kind of scenario in which shrivilled, implike Krim manipulates the PCs in some attempt to get his crowns back.

I had a sort of vague idea for a scenario in which the PCs have to turn to Krim for help repelling an invasion by Edomite powers -- sort of a "the devil you know" strategy, since a demon formed by human concepts of Evil is vastly preferrable to what the Edomites would do to Earth/Humanity. Assuming Krim were currently weak, and using illusions to mask this, the "worship" of turning to him for help would undoubtedly provide him a significant boost in power.... :eg: