Shoot 'em Up

Susano

I just saw this...

This is the most batsh*t insane gunfight movie ever! And having watched numerous John Woo flics, that's saying something. Clive Owen plays one of the most whacked gunfighters you'll ever see, and seems to be even more out of control than Revi (from Black Lagoon)... although I'm not 100% sure. I will admit, it has only the barest of plots, but loads of over-the-top action. No... more over-the-top than that. This movie is what Feng Shui is all about, and offers someone who might be able to out do a Grammaton Cleric. There's probably no way to build this guy with just levels -- he's built with powers designed as "super skills." And he's probably a whole lot of points. So if you don't mind mindless violence, blood, messy deaths, and a naked Monica Bellucci, see this film!

Re: Shoot 'em Up

Plot? We don't need no stinkin' plot!

I'm not familiar with Black Lagoon and Revi, either. Sounds like a good time. Sometimes, movies like this are just cathartic. Remember the 80's and all the action movies of that period? Plot was a summary, at best. I miss those amidst all these emotional self-discovery movies these days.

You raped and killed my (insert person here)? I far prefer to watch the movie where a guy goes ape-s*** on everyone than watching people cry and deal with their feelings for 3 hours.

Rock on, one ticket please to Shoot 'em Up!

Here' date=' the cast of the anime [i']Black Lagoon[/i], which is pure Dark Champions goodness.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/animechar.html#BL

Nah, saw it had spoilers. I just put it in my netflix and bumped it to the top. =) Gonna see Shoot 'em Up on Wednesday. Should have Black Lagoon by Thursday, and I have my game night on Thursday, and vacation over the weekend. Dang, this is gonna be a nice week after tommorow. :rockon:

Nah' date=' saw it had spoilers. I just put it in my netflix and bumped it to the top. =) Gonna see Shoot 'em Up on Wednesday. Should have Black Lagoon by Thursday, and I have my game night on Thursday, and vacation over the weekend. Dang, this is gonna be a nice week after tommorow. :rockon:[/quote']

Black Lagoon really kicks in once you get to around episode 5 or so, so be patient with volume 1.

Black Lagoon really kicks in once you get to around episode 5 or so' date=' so be patient with volume 1.[/quote']

Will do. Its not as slow as Lain, though, is it? I couldn't get past the first episode/movie, I was totally not in the mood for something like that at the time. Gonna have another go at it when I'm less impatient. =) Heck, one of my all-time favorites is still Record of Lodoss War and that's annoyingly prolonged in some parts... all hail Orson! hehe. I love berzerkers.

That's okay. Once you watch most of BL' date=' take a look, and let me know what you think.[/quote']

Will do. Is there a generic link that kind of links to the entirety of your stuff? You're actually the first person I've talked to that's even heard of The Blade, much less likes it as much as I do. It would be interesting to see the entirety of what you've come up with.

Shoot 'Em Up is what happens when you put a barely literate ADD kid who watches way too many action movies and cartoons on a continuous IV meth drip, and then force him to write a movie while only pausing to take hits from his crack pipe. I mean that in a good way.

I haven't laughed that much since Superbad. Shoot Em' Up is as close as you can get to a Bugs Bunny cartoons directed by John Woo, and smuggled into the theater without a review by the ratings board. It was a lot of fun but avoid engaging your brain at any time. The producers will not be responsible for any permanent damage to your higher reasoning functions.

I agree with Susano. Mr. Smith (Clive Owen's character) is way over 150 points, probably 250 at least. I would give him a multipower usable with any gun up to a certain active point total. To me, a lot of the time he's not really shooting guns, he's using powers like TK with fine manipulation, Tunneling and KAs with variable advantages. I saw a lot of varying AOEs, and maybe even a line of sight.

The build might be similar in some ways to the very good build of The Man with No Name from the Sergio Leone movies on Susano's page.

Will do. Its not as slow as Lain' date=' though, is it? I couldn't get past the first episode/movie, I was totally not in the mood for something like that at the time. Gonna have another go at it when I'm less impatient. =) Heck, one of my all-time favorites is still Record of Lodoss War and that's annoyingly prolonged in some parts... all hail Orson! hehe. I love berzerkers.[/quote']

Black Lagoon slow? Oh heck now. Once it gets rolling, it cruises right along.

Will do. Is there a generic link that kind of links to the entirety of your stuff? You're actually the first person I've talked to that's even heard of The Blade' date=' much less likes it as much as I do. It would be interesting to see the entirety of what you've come up with.[/quote']

My webpage:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/

The Character Archive:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/archive.html

Well, sounds like I'll have to netflix Grenadier. It has one of the trifectas, it seems. I like over the top action, anime, AND boobies!

Thanks for the links, Susano, now I have a bookmark and can peruse at my liesure.

Now you guys have me all amped to see this.

By the way, anyone seen Pan's Labrynth? Just watched it last night, and the biggest impression is.. "Wow, I didn't think you could do that with a glass bottle." Ouch. And it isn't perverted, its... surprisingly brutal.

By the way' date=' anyone seen Pan's Labrynth? Just watched it last night, and the biggest impression is.. "Wow, I didn't think you could do that with a glass bottle." Ouch. And it isn't perverted, its... surprisingly brutal.[/quote']

Saw it in the theater and liked it. And the girl's braver than I, I don't think I could have crawled into that tree.

I just saw this...

This is the most batsh*t insane gunfight movie ever! And having watched numerous John Woo flics, that's saying something. Clive Owen plays one of the most whacked gunfighters you'll ever see, and seems to be even more out of control than Revi (from Black Lagoon)... although I'm not 100% sure. I will admit, it has only the barest of plots, but loads of over-the-top action. No... more over-the-top than that. This movie is what Feng Shui is all about, and offers someone who might be able to out do a Grammaton Cleric. There's probably no way to build this guy with just levels -- he's built with powers designed as "super skills." And he's probably a whole lot of points. So if you don't mind mindless violence, blood, messy deaths, and a naked Monica Bellucci, see this film!

You had me with the first few sentences; Naked Monica Bellucci put it over the top. I'm there. :D