In which Chad thanks those who probably will never read this.

Enforcer84

Why here? Because I'm thanking my Champions Buddies gone by.

I'm once again sorting through the 1000s of characters I have written or rewritten from my gaming youth. We started playing champions in middle school and there was generally four or five of us.

The GM's were generally Bill or Ed. I thank them for their creative worlds and railroad plots ;)

I thank Jeff N for Syphon a really cool character and a guy who never got to play with us enough.

I thank Nicole H for Vice who she only played once but was at least game to give it a try.

I think Jody L for taking a character I created and making him cool. Ratman misses you.

I thank Ed for Rising Sun, Crimson Tempest, Titan, Mind and Body, and others.

Bill begat Xenonoblaster, Nilrem, the Master, Aikido, Mind Titan, and more villains than I can shake a stick at.

Pete (my brother and the only one who might read this) created some of the strangest and occasionally coolest characters ever: Prismatic Sphere (Glass Balls!), Ace, Bolt, and the cat boy with the psychic claws who worked for the FBI...

Eden for Mastermind and his burger king crown focus. (AKA sir not appearing in this universe!)

John for coming in with Crucible and Valiant

And anyone I forgot at this late night typing session.

If I ever get this darn thing to paper and print you'll get yer props but for now, my message board thanks will have to do :)

Re: In which Chad thanks those who probably will never read this.

Awesome post.

Occasionally, I go online looking for Chris Hall and Charlie Russell, two of my original Champions gang (Chris was my first GM) but their names are just too common to track down via the internet. I hope they're still gaming somewhere.

Yes, thank you to all my old gaming buddies too. This is a good thread....

Thank you to:

Brian (BKS) for introducing me to D&D all those years ago

Kevin for showing up late every single game

Daniel for introducing me to Champions and showing me how to cheese

Rita for showing up whenever she felt like it, lol...

Calvin for being the last of the group to hang around...

and thank you to the OP for posting this thread.

Awesome thread Chad!

Awesome post.

Occasionally, I go online looking for Chris Hall and Charlie Russell, two of my original Champions gang (Chris was my first GM) but their names are just too common to track down via the internet. I hope they're still gaming somewhere.

Man, I hear ya Theron. I've been looking for members of my old HS group, but have been having problems finding Ken Epstien and Dan Watson, both of which are superior gamers, great friends and, in Ken's case, a co-GM that introduced me to Hero. Guys, if you see this, gimme a shout, it's been too long.

As for the rest of the old group, Dave, Dan, Brian, Eric and Ian ... good times around the round table.

Funny thing... I still live near and game with a lot of my first gaming group.

That said...

I'd like to think Steve getting me into Hero Gaming in the first place and getting me away from pointless hack-and-slash.

Lise for introducing Steve to Hero (then it was just Champions) and thus getting this whole ball rolling.

North for creating a really unconventional supers universe (that I can't recall the name of) that led to a werewolf PI and the 40's era film cowboy come to life.

Nestor for hearing my describe the original GAC in a now-defunct toystore and askinig "Do you play Champions?"

Tom for taking my M'larrne idea and then running away with it. The Digital Hero article I wrote owes a lot to his work.

Nestor, Lise, Steve, David, Pete, Jeff, and the others who put up with Kazei 5 when I first tried it out.

Alex, Max, Logan, Jeff, Mathieu, and the rest who made the Kazei 5 PBEM such a success.

Ross, Yar, Grady, Josh, Nestor, and Steve for making Ross's Shadows Angelus such as blast.

• 3 weeks later...

Aww, sentimental and cool! (They're not in fact mutually exclusive. Just don't tell my GF I said so...)

Thanks to Bill A. for being my best friend and co-creator of various worlds for what were probably the best years of my youth, even though I didn't think so at the time. My only real regret is that I wasn't a better friend when I could have been.

Thanks to Deena D., a lady of rare and special magics, just for being herself. Same regret as above. (Ain't hindsight just a B**CH??)

Thanks to the three Ricks... Rick D., Rick B. and Rick W. for being the beginning of it all. Damn you guys... how much $$$ have I lost over the years by having this overdeveloped gamers imagination that I spend so much idle time indulging??

Thanks to the inimitable Duffy... you taught me that one has always the choice to greet any situation with a sense of humor and a smile.

Thanks to Ramone M. Dude, you were a friggin' dork, and I'm sure you still are, but don't ever change! (But I will still never forgive you for losing my original copy of Deities & Demigods that contained the Melnibonean and Cthulu mythos. :weep: )

Thanks to Liz E. You were seriously under appreciated, but I still have fond memories.

Special thanks: E. Gary Gygax. You may have been a pompous old blowhard, but you largely fathered a sharing of dreams and universes in a way I might even label beautiful.

Special No Thanks: Donald. For your sake, I truly hope you got a life.

Hmmm...

Martin who intorduced me to D&D.

Matt, Paul, Mike, Kenton, Russel, and the Banting High School Gaming Club. For AD&D, BloodBath 2000, Battletech, and so many more.

Lois, the Dangerous Druid and classiest Lady around.

Rob, Chris, and Magnisson for the greatest Battletech and Mechwarrior Campaigns. The Marathon Dragonlance Modules Weekend.

The SFU Gaming Club "Gamesters of Triskelion" for introducing me to so many gamers, games, and most especially Champions and GURPS.

The Friday Night Gaming Group past and present. Rufus, Darryl, Motorcycle Dave, Fuzzy Dave, Markus, Paul, Brain, Silent Brian, Chona, Another Brian, Glenn, Jonathon, Marcus II, and the many many Gamers who passed through the Fantasy Campaign that celebrated its 20th year a few months back. Introducing a Campaigns history and setting a new standard in Campaign Continuity.

The Shadowrun Maniacs. Campaigns I GMed off and on for 10yrs. And the various groups of people I met.

Finally the Champions of Vancouver... You know who you are.

Cheers

QM

P.S.: To my Favourite Characters past and present its been a blast.

....I'm gettin all choked up here. *sniff* *snif*

Thank you Tim for being a useless friend. Useless but still the best friend I ever had. I would trust you with my money but not my life you screw up! I miss the old times, man...

Thanks to BKS for being the original game master for us all and thank you for killing my cleric...

Thanks to E. Gary Gygax for making me spend those thousands of dollars on gaming stuff (yeah, I had it all figured up once)... You started it all man.

Thanks to Roach for playing even though you really didn't want to...

Thanks to Tully for being the only solid Christian I knew who would still play D&D... :thumbup:

Thank you Anita for being the only chick in school who would be geeky enough to game with us.... and for wearing those low-cut blouses...

My Turn:

Thanks to

Paul F. for lending me his copy of Champions back in '84 and helping me understand what roleplaying was.

John M. for the use of your mom's kitchen every Saturday, but I hated stopping at 5pm to watch Dr. Who.

John Jared C. for so many ideas and being an inspiration on creating a great world. Also Adamant was the first time I used subplots. Sorry about his divorce, giant son and pretty much screwed up life.

Michael Jeffery C. for "dice luck", "verbal sparring" and making characters filled with angst.

Dave S. for making AD&D dragons as characters and "peripheral hearing".

Marty M. for being "Nitram" and hating superhero games so we could play Call of Cthulhu and Star Trek instead.

Wish I could find these guys again.

My turn (great post) Bruce, I miss your halfling drooling on th door knob when you were sleepy and wanted to go home. (D&D, first role-playing PC of mine.)

David, Bill, Jeff, Mark I miss the Enigmas, Loren the Druid, Andy the Paladin, Figfi the halfling, Ariad the mage and much more. Later tonight, I will be "pulling a Romulan" (fading out due to need for sleep) (The D&D game had 3 game masters with me starting it and being overall world master. It worked well.) Volt is still arond as is Sniv and Olorin. And yes, Olorin is still my sense of humor let run loose with the power to back it up. Great times.

Well, I'd like to thank my old gaming group (Zac, Tim, Chris, and Kathy) for helping me create the superhero game world I've just started using once again after a 10+ year break. They were in both of the first two campaigns I ran, including one that was a round-robin game where we took turns GMing. While I doubt any of them will read this thread, I still keep in touch with two of them (Zac is a City of Heroes gaming buddy, and I married Kathy...).

Specific mentions:

Zac for Ace of Spades, the cybernetic archer., and Apparition, a powersuit-wearing version of Batman with desolidification. Ace's nemesis, the Dealer, now heads the most prominent villain organization in my game world.

Tim for Lightstrike, the first superhero I've ever seen with "landing lights". Also known by the group as "Captain Whitebread". I think his character developed the most of any in my first campaign.

Chris for several angsty characters, including Kodiac (a werebear) and Mobius (an OIHD teleporter that was a living impossibility in space/time).

Kathy, my lovely wife, who usually played nonhuman characters. There was Amber, the dragon whose human form was 9 years old (strongest kid EVER!), and Huntress, a werecat who couldn't speak in her hero form. One of Amber's hunteds, the dimension-spanning organization known as The Third Eye, is the biggest mystical organization in my game world (the equivalent of DEMON).