9 REC 0

66 END 0

51 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 153

Movement: Running: 3"/6"

Leaping: 1"/2"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Undead

29 1) Already Dead: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Does Not Prevent Penetration Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Severing / Disabling ignores this armor; -¼)

33 2) Cursed to Walk Forever: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½)

47 3) Unending Hunger: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

10 4) Sharp Teeth: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6-1 (1d6 w/STR) 1

10 Little Monster: +2 with DCV

7 Mind Honed by Years of Henching: Mental Defense (12 points total)

30 Fantastic Powers: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

30 1) The Brains! The Brains!: Mind Scan 10d6, +5 ECV (60 Active Points) 6

Notes: Herve is skilled at finding the minds of the living.

15 2) What is your fantasy?: Telepathy 12d6 (60 Active Points); Only to find desires, dreams, and fantasies Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1) 6

30 3) Wish Fulfilment: Mental Illusions 12d6 (60 Active Points) 6

Notes: This power is mainly used to trick the target into believing that he has obtained his desired object, situation, or fantasy. This power may also be used to cause the target to completely lose touch with reality if an appropriate fantasy can be found, or to make a fantasy go "dark" to harm the victim.

Perks

10 Inherited Wealth and TV Star: Money: Wealthy

3 Eternal Fame: Reputation: Undead TV Star (A large group) 14-, +1/+1d6

Skills

Henchman

3 1) Breakfall 12-

3 2) Concealment 12-

3 3) Stealth 12-

3 4) Streetwise 12-

3 5) Bureaucratics 12-

3 6) WF: Small Arms, Blades

3 Jack of All Trades

1 1) PS: Cook (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) PS: Henching (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) PS: TV Star (2 Active Points) 11-

TV Star

3 1) Acting 12-

3 2) Conversation 12-

3 3) Persuasion 12-

3 4) Oratory 12-

3 5) Seduction 12-

3 Linguist

1 1) Language: English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

0 2) Language: French (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

2 3) Language: Mandarin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

2 4) Language: Tagalog (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Arcane and Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Mercenary and Espionage World (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 307

Total Cost: 460

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Undead, no vital functions, greyish skin, cold (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Enraged: Mocked, Dismissed, or treated with disrespect (Common), go 8-, recover 11-

15 Social Limitation: Secret: Killer (Frequently, Major)

15 Hunted: Monster Hunters 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Craves the blood and flesh of living Humans (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Craves love, respect and attention (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Ladies man and Party Animal (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Uncommon, Strong)

Notes: Believes that Ricardo Montalban must die

10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic (Other Undead and Supernatural Monsters; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry)

145 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 460

Background/History: Born in France in 1943, the real Herve Villechaize was an actor, womanizer, gun enthusiast, and eventually an alchoholic who spent many nights in the last years of his life locked alone in a darkened screening room, drinking heavily while cursing at old episodes of Fantasy Island. He committed suicide in 1993.

In a world of Magic, things didn't quite end there.

Zombie Heve Villechaize lived a life similar to that of his analog. Born and educated in France, he really did spend several years in the late 1960s in the pay of would-be world conqueror Francisco Scaramanga. After Scaramanga was killed by an unknown British Intelligence Operative, Villechaize was the sole heir to Scaramangas fortune, at least those parts of it that escaped confiscation. Investing his inheritence in a unique resort island he co-ran with an occultist named Roarke proved disastrous for Villechaize, however, he was able to fictionalize his experiences and sell them as a television series to ABC.

Villechaize was forced from his own TV series in 1982. Embittered, he sunk into depression, alchoholism, and the darker side of the occult studies he had begun in the 1970s. Fascinated by the lore and legends of the Philippines, he began purchasing Filipino occult artifacts. His favorite was a cup said to be made from the skull of an Aswang, a sort of Filipino Vampire. In 1993, Herve shot himself. To his horror, he awoke in the morgue.

Villechaize's studies had been far too successful. Now undead, he would never escape this life. He completed his negotiations with Cartoon Network, and currently co-stars on the popular Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Personality/Motivation: In life, Villechaize craved recognition, respect, the love of beautiful women, and alcohol. In undeath, his desires have remained more or less the same, though he also finds that the need for human blood and revenge against all who mocked him weighing heavily on his mind. He can be quite charming when treated with respect, but he hides a lot of anger. When it comes out, Zombie Herve Villechaize can be a surprisingly frightening little monster.

Quote: The Brains! The Brains!

Powers/Tactics: Villechaize has a number of magical powers, some of them from his time studying under Roarke, some discovered after his death and return. Most importantly, he is almost impossible to permenantly destroy; his corpse can be smashed, cut, or even burned, but will always eventually return to un-life. His other powers are largely of a "psychic" nature.

Zombie Herve Villechaize will avoid combat when possible, prefering to pass himself off as an innocent bystander, and may even act in a semi-heroic manner if he thinks it will gain him praise and approval, especially the approval of an attractive woman. He may use his powers subtly to make an enemy look foolish or lead him into danger, or to cause others to act against his foes.

If forced into open combat, Villechaize will try to trap an enemy in his own fantasies, going for an EGO+30 effect with his Wish Fulfilment power and then either attacking his now helpless foe or fleeing the area. Against a weak minded foe, he might try to build a fantasy to the point where the illusions trapping the victim actually cause him bodily harm.

Campaign Use: Everyone needs a psychotic undead midget.

OK, not Everyone.

Zombie Herve Villechaize makes a good comic relief bad guy or mystic contact, an oddly effective creepy villain in a horror game, and a pretty good henchman for a more powerful badguy.

This character came out of the 2007 Young Titans game ran at HeroCon, and I owe a thank you to the players of that session for inspiring him. So, guys, thanks.

Appearance: Male, 3' 11", approximately 60 pounds, golden skin with a greyish cast, black hair, brown eyes, not at all bad looking if you overlook the fact that he's an undead midget. Usually wears impecably tailored white or black suits.

Herve Villechaize by himself. Character Sheet by Robert Dorf, 2007

This came out of a very entertaining session of Young Titans 2007 at HeroCon. Please let me know what you think. :)

Re: Character: Zombie Herve Villechaize

Oh, I have got to find a place for this guy in my game...considering I'm running James Bond in the same universe, under a different GM (but he's not Roger Moore!)

Creepy semi-comic relief and all that jazz. Perhaps I could put him with the Immortal Doctor No as his TV's Frank :ugly:

Noo! Nuke Des Plaines! DES PLAINES!

So that's why Ricardo Montalbahn came up with the idea of an island where fantasies can be bought by vacationers. He's a necromancer who preys on the dreams of others in order to summon his army of undead. "From Hell's heart, I stab at thy fantasy."

So that's why Ricardo Montalbahn came up with the idea of an island where fantasies can be bought by vacationers. He's a necromancer who preys on the dreams of others in order to summon his army of undead. "From Hell's heart' date=' I stab at thy fantasy."[/quote']

I sense a late 70s-early 80s TV show-themed zombie con game in the future. Necromantic Mr. Rourke, the Love Boat as a damned ghost ship whose presence foretells doom, Eight is Enough as a cannibalistic Satanic coven loosely based on the Manson family. Oh yeah . . .

Fabulous write-up, and I like how you integrated the different roles in the background. He's too high-powered for my current campaign, but maybe I can tone down his psychic powers a bit to get him to fit...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Oddhat again."

Will rep when I can!

I sense a late 70s-early 80s TV show-themed zombie con game in the future. Necromantic Mr. Rourke' date=' the Love Boat as a damned ghost ship whose presence foretells doom, Eight is Enough as a cannibalistic Satanic coven loosely based on the Manson family. Oh yeah . . .[/quote']

That would make for better Tv than the original shows.

Hmm, it's a little outside the time frame, what could be done with I Dream of Jeannie?

And oh yes, OddHat: you are one sick monkey!

I bow before you. :hail:

Hmm, it's a little outside the time frame, what could be done with I Dream of Jeannie?

The PCs find a bottle on the shore. Rubbing it, they find a beautiful Genii who offers them three wishes.

Only after they have had their wishes does she tell them they are now her slaves, and will serve her forever in the land inside the bottle, just like her two ex-astronaut henchmen...

Combine it and Wishmaster :)

"Jeanie" is a vindicative supernatural monster that uses her beauty, false innoncence and wiles to tempt men to their doom by giving them exactly what they want; each fulfilled "wish" bringing her one step closer to release. Her last "master" driven mad by her torments, killed himself and tried to trap her. That's why the such a potent item was abandoned on a desert island. Marjor Nelson refuses her because, on some level, he senses there's more to her than meets the eye, but can't quite put his finger on it. Conversely, she finds him attractive and his good nature amusing to try and corrupt so it's become a game to her.

Re: [Character] Zombie Herve Villechaize

And Jan, of course, jealous as always, becomes a vengeful zombie hunter. As she finally gets close enough to cleave Marcia's head with a machete, she drops to the ground in exultation. "I did it! I finally beat her! I'm number one!"

Suddenly, her victory was cut short when dirty hands scrabbled through the earth beneath her and grabbed onto her. Jan screamed, and tried to escape, but the reanimated corpses of Greg, Peter, Bobby, and Cindy dragged her downward, her last desperate howl of terror choked off as the dirt closed above her . . .

Dangit. Now I wish my NaNoWriMo novel had been about zombie TV stars.

• 1 month later...