• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Men: The Next Generation campaign on Hero Central

Shango, Son of Storm

APPEARANCE

Height: 1.97 m

Weight: 275.00 kg

Physically, there is no doubt of who his mother is. Shango's eyes are the same blue as his mother's and his hair is the same luxurious white, worn in dreadlocks just shy of waist high. There are clues to who his father is as well, as Shango's height and breadth of shoulders came early and strong.

BACKGROUND

Where in one world Storm cast down the hammer gifted by Loki and left Asgard, in another she stayed. Stayed and ruled the vacated throne of Odin and Thor and, with many of her friends beside her, she ruled well. (What If II #12) Thor, upon returning, saw that his kingdom was in better hands than his and left, but not before taking steps to ensure that one of his blood would someday sit on the throne.

The weather the night Asgard's heir was born was worthy of Ymir himself, portentious and devastating. Lustily bellowing his arrival, Shango was born of and into storm. The image of his mother and possessed even as a babe of strength to rival his father's, Shango was a melding of the two worlds. With a zeal unseen since the birth of the golden child Thor, the Asgardians dedicated themselves to the nurturing of their svartkinder while Loki dedicated himself to ending this abomination.

Countless plots and attempted assassinations later, Loki faced Shango, now a young man and wielding his mother's hammer. They struggled and contested, leveling forests and mountains in their wake, but Loki finally separated Shango from his Uru weapon and cast each of them headlong in random directions through the Nine Worlds and actually through the Multiverse. Shango found himself a piece of flotsam washed up against the shore of Earth-616, with no way home but to walk.

PERSONALITY

Shango is used to getting his way but he hasn't been allowed to believe he is entitled. He is a true son of Asgard, barely tempered by his mother and her friends from Earth, so he is prone to rash behavior and daring feats just for the notoriety. He is used to triumphing over beasts and creatures of legend, so he will find it difficult to imagine a threat he cannot handle. As a child of two great heroes, he expects to do great things and would never disappoint them.

Shango is used to being much more powerful, when he had his mother's hammer. With it he could shape storms more precisely, travel to unimaginable worlds and fly. Now he walks and the sensation is uncomfortable.

He is also used to knowing many of the influential X-Men, but not as they are in Earth-616. In his world Sam Guthrie is a king who always gave him the most wonderful clockworks when he was young. Ramsey is his mother's trusted advisor. Rahne Sinclair is Queen of Wolves and Danielle Moonstar is a Chooser of the Slain. Shango's first reaction is to treat recognized people as if they were the ones he knew, then he gets morose when he is reminded of how far he is from home.

"With these hands I ripped asunder the Jaws of Fenrir and cast them into the Abyss. Come hither, you're next."

POWERS/TACTICS

Shango is more Colossus than Storm, at least without the benefit of his hammer. His strength is so great, so overwhelming that he hasn't disciplined his skill to match however. He will thrust himself into the heart of any melee, heedless of any potential harm to himself.

His storm-calling is powerful but limited. He cannot create micro-storms like his parents and can only hyper accelerate normal weather outdoors, causing vast and imprecise stormfronts. Once he has called the clouds around him, he can make the weather turn deadly though.

CAMPAIGN_USE

Shango is a young god with power enough to turn the tide of battle either way. He may be more dangerous by himself than with the team but he will restrain himself out of respect for his comrades and desire for their company.

Val Char Cost

75 STR 65

20 DEX 30

38 CON 56

20 BODY 20

10 INT 0

18 EGO 16

30 PRE 20

18 COM 4

25 PD 10

25 ED 17

5 SPD 20

23 REC 0

76 END 0

77 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

23" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 258

Cost Power

60 Feats of Strength: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3u 1) Might of my Father: +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Conditional Power Power does not work in Uncommon Circumstances (Only for determining lifting/throwing capacity, breaking Grabs/Entangles or damaging GM approved targets; -1/4)

6u 2) Rending Steel like Paper: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (60 Active Points)

6u 3) To Think Walls Could Stop Me: Tunneling 6" through 16 DEF material (60 Active Points)

2u 4) Improvised Chains and Shackles: Entangle 4d6, 8 DEF (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (objects of opportunity; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (DEF of Entangle determined by materials; -1/4)

15 Immune to Mortal Peril: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only vs. Real Weapons, environmental damage and mundane sources; -1)

10 Resilience of the Gods: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

14 Finished? Hardly: Healing 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

10 I'll Not Be Moved by the Likes of You: Knockback Resistance -5"

6 Son of Strong-Willed Parents: Mental Defense (10 points total)

15 Stormborn and Asgardian as Well: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)

10 Born to Storms: +4 PER with all Sense Groups (12 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Only for perceiving through weather conditions; -1/4)

24 Command of Storms: Change Environment 1" radius, -2 to Hearing Group PER Rolls, -2 to Sight Group PER Rolls, -1 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting 6 Hours, Multiple Combat Effects, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) (65 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only affects normal weather; -1/2)

36 Storm Effects: Multipower, 72-point reserve, (72 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1)

4u 1) Warm Front or Cold Front: Change Environment 32" radius, +3 Temperature Level Adjustment, -4 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes, Multiple Combat Effects, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (72 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1)

4u 2) Fog of War: Change Environment 32" radius, -4 to Normal Hearing PER Rolls, -4 to Sight Group PER Rolls, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes, Multiple Combat Effects, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (72 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1)

3u 3) Odin's Javelin: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Indirect (Same origin, any direction; Strikes from ground to clouds; +1/2) (67 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1), No Knockback (-1/4)

4u 4) Thunderclap: Hearing Group Flash 12d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Explosion (-1 DC/2"; +3/4) (72 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1)

3u 5) Blow Winds, Crack your Cheeks: Telekinesis (40 STR), Affects Porous (70 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1), Affects Whole Object (-1/4)

3u 6) Fimbul Winter: Energy Blast 3d6, MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1), No Normal Defense ([LS: Intense cold or some source of personal heat]; +1) (67 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Effects must be appropriate for prevaling weather; -1)

Powers Cost: 238

Cost Skill

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

16 +2 with All Combat

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

5 KS: Meteorology 14-

6 Navigation (Air, Land, Marine) 12-

2 KS: Mutants and Mutant menaces 11-

3 Paramedics 11-

3 Persuasion 15-

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

3 Riding 13-

6 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Marine, Mountain) 11-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

6 TF: Riding Animals, Chariots, Combat Aircraft, Large Rowed Boats, Large Wind-Powered Boats

3 Tracking 11-

4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons

Skills Cost: 84

Cost Perk

10 Contact: Storm (Ororo Munroe) (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 12-

10 X-quipment: Vehicles & Bases

Perks Cost: 20

Total Character Cost: 600

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Distinctive Features: Enormous African-Asgardian with white hair and blue eyes (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

5 Enraged: played false or disrespected (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

25 Hunted: Loki 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Santaria/Voudoun practitioners 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)

20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Follows a Warrior's Code (Very Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Wants to Return Home (Uncommon, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant, Prince of Asgard (Common, Moderate)

15 Social Limitation: Stranger in a Strange Land (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Occasionally, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 450

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

...Speaking of which... show of hands who's still interested? In my experience recruiting players for the Avengers game' date=' sometimes people post a "proof of concept" character idea but end up not actually wanting to commit to the game... :)[/quote']

I'm definitely still interested. I'm currently trying to get Dr. Anomaly's help with the character build.

I'm still interested, and still working on a sheet (in between inspirational bouts of playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on my new 360). Just...a little overwhelmed at the number of points I've got to play with, and I found something of a tripping block on that "75 point maximum" on offensive powers (for something a one-trick-eyeblast-pony, that's slowing me down).

... show of hands who's still interested? In my experience recruiting players for the Avengers game' date=' sometimes people post a "proof of concept" character idea but end up not actually wanting to commit to the game... :)[/quote']

I'm definitely committed, ready to jump through hoops...

InkyFurHhoop.jpg%22%3EInkyFurHhoop.jpgInkyFurHhoop.jpg

BTW Bill, great job building links into the list.

InkyFurHhoop.jpg%22%3EInkyFurHhoop.jpg

Alrighty, Big Guy is definitely in. I've started several character concepts, but this one really works for me.

Attached is a zip with an HD2 file, a picture, and the background write up which includes a growth chart powers breakdown. He has 5 pts unspent, but I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Speaking of which... show of hands who's still interested? In my experience recruiting players for the Avengers game, sometimes people post a "proof of concept" character idea but end up not actually wanting to commit to the game... :)

Yes, still interested, even have a back up character ready in case another concept would be preferred. A stretching street preacher named "Twist" who is the son of the Morlock Masque

Speaking of which... show of hands who's still interested? In my experience recruiting players for the Avengers game' date=' sometimes people post a "proof of concept" character idea but end up not actually wanting to commit to the game... :)[/quote']

I'm still interested, and I haven't even had time to build a character or write a background this week :)

{sarcasm} End of term for a teacher is such a wonderful time {/sarcasm}

EDIT: Oh, and the character was/is Victory the mutant son of Justice and Firestar.

Speaking of which... show of hands who's still interested?

*Raises hand, waiving wildly, making Arnold Horshack noises*

Will be posting Steel Shadow later today (thought I was finished with the character sheet, but working on the background I now need to tweak it).

Need a hook for Angel's background, so far she's kind of boreing. Has it been established if Gomurr The Ancient is dead or alive (as if that really makes a difference to a mystic of his ability) in the Bunnyverse?

Also need a name for another character. He was conceived "to be the Serpent in Xavier's Eden," so my working name is Snake, but that's doen't have that certain something.

Then I've got to follow up DocSampson's suggestion about the next generation of Morlocks.

Need a hook for Angel's background' date=' so far she's kind of boreing. Has it been established if Gomurr The Ancient is dead or alive (as if that really makes a difference to a mystic of his ability) in the Bunnyverse?.[/quote']

It's not been established one way or another. He's never made an appearance.

Twist

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 HTH damage [2]

25 DEX 45 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

29 CON 38 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

10 COM 0 11-

15 PD 10 Total: 15 PD (8 rPD)

15 ED 9 Total: 15 ED (7 rED)

7 SPD 35 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

11 REC 0

58 END 0

48 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 189

Movement: Running: 6"/16"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 5"/15"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 2"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

20 Elemental Control, 40-point powers

20 1) Stretching: Stretching 8" (40 Active Points) 4

27 2) Bounce Back Attack: Energy Blast 5d6, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Damage Shield (+1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4), Continuous (+1) (87 Active Points); Only vs Move Through Attacks (-1 1/2) 8

29 3) Malleble Movements: (Total: 49 Active Cost, 49 Real Cost) Running +10" (6"/16" total), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Usable as Swinging (+1/4) (30 Active Points) (Real Cost: 30) plus Leaping +10" (5"/15" forward, 2 1/2"/7 1/2" upward) (Accurate), Usable as Gliding (+1/4) (19 Active Points) (Real Cost: 19) 3

60 Stretching Tricks: Multipower, 60-point reserve

2u 1) Body Barrier: Force Wall (11 PD/9 ED) (Opaque Sight Group) (60 Active Points); Feedback (-1), No Range (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2) 6

4u 2) Eye Gouge: Sight Group Flash 8d6, No Normal Defense (Rigid Eye Protection (Goggles, etc); +1/2) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 6

1u 3) Molding to Surfaces: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1

3u 4) REALLY big fist: Area Of Effect (up to One Hex; +1/2) for up to 70 Active Points of Up to 14d6 with Attacks (35 Active Points) 3

1u 5) Sling Shot Toss: +40 STR (40 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only for Throwing (-1/2), OIF (Must have appropriate Pivot Point (Street Lights etc); -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Must Follow a Grab (-1/2) 4

3u 6) Squeeze Through or Weave away: Desolidification (affected by Area Effect Attacks) (40 Active Points); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) 4

6 Heals quickly: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 5 Minutes (-1 3/4), Self Only (-1/2) 0

30 Durable I: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

30 Durable II: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

7 Durable III: Damage Resistance (8 PD/7 ED) 0

19 Consistancy in Change: Power Defense (15 points), Hardened (+1/4) (19 Active Points) 0

5 Unusual physiology: Life Support (Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

3 Any Body Part might do: Extra Limbs (2) (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1

Martial Arts: [Martial Art Name]

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Attack Bounces Off +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Big Fist Punch +2 +0 11d6 Strike

4 Big Squeeze +0 +0 13d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

5 Multilimb Pummeling +1 -2 13d6 Strike

4 Slip Away +0 +0 60 STR vs. Grabs

4 Stretch Dodging -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Stretch and Sweep +2 -1 10d6 Strike, Target Falls

5 Wraparound -1 -1 Grab Four Limbs;+10 STR to hold on

4 Wraparound Choke -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 4d6 NND

4 Wraparound Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 55 STR to Disarm

16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)

Perks

10 Vehicles & Bases

4 Contact: Father Anderson (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 11-

1 Fringe Benefit: Right to Marry: Can perform the marriage ceremony

Talents

9 Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)

Skills

3 Power 14-

5 +1 with HTH Combat

5 Defense Maneuver I-II

3 Scholar

4 1) KS: Christianity (History, Doctrine, etc) (5 Active Points) 14-

1 2) KS: Mutants and Mutant Menaces (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: Other religons/General Theology (3 Active Points) 12-

2 AK: Old Morlock Tunnels 11-

2 CK: NYC 11-

3 Conversation 13-

1 Language: Greek (basic conversation)

1 Language: Hebrew (basic conversation)

1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)

3 Oratory 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

2 PS: Street Preacher 11-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

1 TF: X-Jet

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 411

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

20 Dependent NPC: Local Orphanage 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

15 Hunted: Anti Mutant Groups 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: The Animal (son of Mandril) 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Morlocks/Predator Faction 11- (Mo Pow, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)

5 Money: Poor

5 Reputation: Mutant Street Preacher, 8-

5 Reputation: Member of the reformed X-Men, 8-

20 Psychological Limitation: Devout Christian (Often struggling to recouncile his faith with the things required of an X-Man) (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Self Sacrificing (Common, Moderate)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Extreme Heat and/or Cold (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Extreme Heat and/or Cold (Common)

Total Disadvantage Points: 600

Background/History: Masque hissed at the child, "You think you're SO special, don't you?" The deformed mutant grabbed for the young boy's face attempting to warp it again, and it worked, for only a few seconds before snapping back into place. Masque's rage grew. Perhaps he couldn't change the boy with his power, but he could still make him ugly. Masque reached for a stick, "You're a twisted twisted thing! And I will make your outside match your inside!"

Twisted had time to shout out "Father, please!" before the club struck the side of his face and the blood started to flow. That was life for a morlock sometimes, especially when your father was Masque and even before your powers surfaced you seemed immune to his. Twisted nearly died more than once. He remembers the Healer fondly.

In the years that followed, Angel would be captured, and then freed by the X-Men, and Twisted would become a young teen who had full access to his powers, if not full control of them. Oh how his father laughed as Twisted's arms would drag along the floor, or his legs would fold under him like warm rubber. How he'd chortle when the teen's face would threaten to drip off his jaw line all on its own. Eventually, Twisted could take it no longer. Ridicule by the surface world would at least be new, different. He could be hated there in the light. Somehow the X-Men survived, didn't they?

Well, true to form, humanity lashed out, at least some of them did. A crazed street preacher came to young twisted's rescue when a gang of youth were doing thier best to kick him around. Outnumbered and armed only with bible, faith, and a stern look, the man Twisted would come to know as Jeb drove them off. Twisted informed the human he was insane, but Jeb shrugged and explained he was certain where HIS soul was going so he had nothing to fear. Offering his hand to the twisted boy who's features were sliding all over the ground, Jeb took the boy to a safe place.

The message of universal love, the courage of one who was certain of their soul's destination were a lifeline to young Twisted. Jeb soon dubbed him 'David' claiming that it meant 'beloved', and that yes, the boy was indeed loved by Jesus. As David gained control over his powers (in part due to the idea he had worth giving him confidence), he was unknowingly missing the Morlock Massacre below. He returned to find a slaughterhouse, and many of the morlocks were gone. When they returned, it was under the rule of Masque, and without Callisto to temper him, Masque ruled with an insane fist.

Meeting his father again, David felt his faith falter, his old child hood fears return. And he ran. He'd never been so ashamed. Seeking out where the other Morlocks who'd vanished might have gone, and unable to face Jeb, a young David found Xavier's Academy and discovered the truth. He never became an X-Man, but a talk with one, the mutant known as Nightcrawler, helped him greatly in his first crisis of faith.

Over the years, Twist would return to the Morlocks, and he helped many of them, despite all the tragedies that occurred. He would face his father once more, this time without fear (And given his near immunity to his father's power, it only made sense) thwarting him more than once. Ironically, he lead many of them to the MEH (Xavier couldn't help them all). Thus many were surprised when he answered the call to join the X-Men. David merely replied that he prayed a lot about it.

Taking the codename Twist, he's determined to help the X-Men through "Old bad days coming again, I suspect"

Personality/Motivation: In the early days of his conversion, David was far more fiery in his approach to his faith, proselytizing in a more pushy fashion. As his study of faith, and his meeting with other people of faith increased, he chiefly abandoned the 'in your face' approach that street preaching had first taught him. He now prefers to show by example as best he can, and see who wishes to come along, though anyone telling him he should hide his faith is likely to get a lecture still.

Twist is more than a little troubled about the conflicts between what Jesus would have him do, and the violence ingrained in the X-Men lifestyle. However, he also sees a great opportunity to help others, and is currently seeking a middle path. Lately Twist has been having the oddest feeling that darker days and dangers could be coming to the world anew, and he means to help stop it. While the MEH does wonderful, valuable work, he does not feel it is the tool God has chosen to stand against the darkness.

Twist isn't all gloom and doom, far from it. He is certain of his soul's destination, and believes in making a joyful noise once in awhile. He even has a wry sense of humor, though he tries to avoid being hurtful.

Quote:"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places... Ephesians - Chapter 6, Verse 12...one would almost think God had the X-men in mind."

Powers/Tactics:Incredibly durable, it is very hard to take Twist out of a fight, though he is more vulnerable to extreme temperature changes and attacks there of. Changes in pressure are another matter, and his body defies external attempts to alter it. It even seems to slow the passage of time, Twist looks to be approaching 30, he's actually older than that.

Offensively, Twist is no light weight, he can use almost any looping part of his body as if it were an extra limb, and can whip out and strike, or entrap and squeeze a foe easily. His reflexes are indeed superhuman, and while not a master tactician, he has learned some ways to hinder his foes effectively such as blinding them, or grabbing them then winding up and shooting them a great distance. His hands can enlarge to thwart especially nimble opponents.

If need be, he can simply run away. Long legs carry him far, or he can stretch his arms and swing with the best of them. Twist can coil and leap, or flatten and glide. His options are many.

Twist prefers to avoid battle, but can rationalize enough old testament wrath to put the hurt on someone when they won't listen to pleas of reason.

Campaign Use: The morlock connection :) And also, he's got some good social skills if they're needed.

The Predator Faction is left vague, depending on what you want to DO with the Morlocks, but at least some of them live below, and believe in survival of the fittest and that it is their right to take what they will and if need be kill. Given Twist's faith and his spreading there of, they really couldn't be much more different.

Father Andrews is a more respectable and established religious figure than David (and David isn't Catholic) but the two are good friends, and often help each other out.

The orphanage is a place where most of David's money goes (this in part explains his poverty, not that he makes much anyway) and he would do anything to help the children.

Appearance : Twist might come across as stern whenever he doesn't smile, but there is a gentleness to his brown eyes that softens it. He probably doesn't keep his dark hair as neatly groomed as he should. Hair care wasn't a big priority in the sewers. Out of uniform, he wears modest dark clothing that is often ten years out of style.

Twist's costume is dark purples, black, and with a light blue X pattern on the chest. He doesn't often bother to wear a mask.

Very nice, Hermit. I like the power set, I like the background. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I also have a time traveler in reserve that I was almost done making but then I was afraid it would clash with another's concept. I brought Twist up just in case Dan wanted an option to Stereo and to increase my chances of getting in :)

I lean A LITTLE towards Stereo, but Twist would also be fun to play

I imagine the first hypothetical meeting between Twist and Adamant didn't exactly go well. :hush:;)

While Twist probably is better than this, I can't help but think of a certain line: "I really don't care, in fact I wish him well...

because I'll be laughing my a$$ off when he's burning in hell" -Weird Al, Amish Paradise ;)

That's it, Hermit--try to make a more depressing background than Log. That's the first Morlock, isn't it?

Ya know, I'm considering pulling back the submission deadline a bit, since there are already so many good candidates, but I'm thinking I should actually extend it just to see how many characters I can get McCoy to create. A couple more weeks and I may never need to create a character again! :D

Just kidding. Actually, I like McCoy's writeups, and it's always good to get another possibility. Wildfire and HipHop are both good concepts.

That's it, Hermit--try to make a more depressing background than Log. That's the first Morlock, isn't it?

Nah, Log's still has that beat, as Big Guy is in constant pain, where as Twist is now in a relatively good place despite some doubts. As for the first Morlock, I think so, I didn't talk much about the 'current state' of the Morlocks since I didn't know what that would be in your campaign. Thou shalt not rail road the GM in his own game setting, lest ye feel his wrath etc etc.

Ya know, I'm considering pulling back the submission deadline a bit, since there are already so many good candidates, but I'm thinking I should actually extend it just to see how many characters I can get McCoy to create. A couple more weeks and I may never need to create a character again! :D

Striking while the iron is hot is not a bad idea, though the Christmas time situation may throw a kink into some folks at least at first. Either way is fine by me though

I didn't talk much about the 'current state' of the Morlocks since I didn't know what that would be in your campaign. Thou shalt not rail road the GM in his own game setting, lest ye feel his wrath etc etc.

On the other hand, "They who flesh out an area the GM has not put effort or thought into and moreover who provideth the GM with free plot ideas shall be among the blessed." :P

On the other hand' date=' "They who flesh out an area the GM has not put effort or thought into and moreover who provideth the GM with free plot ideas shall be among the blessed." :P[/quote']

Ah, the Sermon at the Gaming Table...good stuff :D

EDIT: I should ask, while that thought occurs, do you want plot seeds from us MMD? Might defeat the purpose since they'd be for our own characters and ruin surprise, but it might also inspire