Speculation on the Hero Games 2009 schedule

rjcurrie

Not that this thread will influence Steve, Darren, and company in any way, but I'm just curious what books people would like to see on the Hero Games 2009 schedule that will be announced at DunDraCon on Feb 17.

My only thought would be something like "Champions Under Siege: The IHA Attack".

What about the rest of you? What are your hopes and wishes for the 2009 schedule?

Note: Since there's already talk about the two big announcements in two other threads, let's try to stick to the normal schedule here.

Re: Speculation on the Hero Games 2009 schedule

I'd definitely like to see something on the IHA and ARGENT. These are big parts of the Champions Universe that have been only sketchily covered for too long. I'd also love to see a sourcebook for The Martial World in the CU, along the lines of The Mystic World. And I'm hoping that The Book Of The Destroyer will sell well enough to start a series of sourcebook on the Champions' greatest villains.

Finally bringing Aarn: City Of Adventure would boost the popularity of the Turakian Age setting IMHO. And IIRC Steve has mentioned an interest in doing a "Fantasy Primeval" book about the age when gods freely roamed the Earth.

I think there's been enough interest expressed in both Cyber and Mecha games that HERO books for one or both subgenres would be welcomed.

I'll have to give it more thought and get back to you.

Finally bringing Aarn: City Of Adventure would boost the popularity of the Turakian Age setting IMHO. And IIRC Steve has mentioned an interest in doing a "Fantasy Primeval" book about the age when gods freely roamed the Earth.

Something like "The Malazan Book of the Fallen" series?

more Star Hero settings.

Cyber, Solar, and Interstellar Hero settings specifically.

For me it's Galactic Fed, and Instersteller, then Solar.

Cyberhero I can wait for.. but I'd love the other ones done, so the entire timeline is complete. It would make for a great Time Travel game. :)

I'd definitely like to see Cyber Hero considering that's the genre I'm running presently.

And Victorian Hero......:whistle:

As if you did not know...Lucha Hero! Oh' date=' and ...umm...other stuff would be nice too I guess...[/quote']

Hey, you're not on the list :tsk:

Goin to ConquestNW?

As if you did not know...Lucha Hero! Oh' date=' and ...umm...other stuff would be nice too I guess...[/quote']

Lucha Hero is on the 2008 schedule and, as far as I know, still scheduled for approximately the end of May (Darren has spoken of it debuting at KublaCon which is the Memorial Day weekend).

Rod

For me it's Galactic Fed, and Instersteller, then Solar.

Cyberhero I can wait for.. but I'd love the other ones done, so the entire timeline is complete. It would make for a great Time Travel game. :)

I just put 'em in Hero Metaverse Chronology.

I want Solar and Interstellar first, I only want Cyber for Setting completeness; I know how I want to play this genre and need no books for that.

I guess what I really want are the Solar Age, Interstellar Age and Cyber Age setting books - not subgenre books dedicated to each. Though - both would be a very cool pipe-dream.

Are we speculating on stuff we think will be on the list, or talking about what we're wishing was on the list? ;)

Speculating: Some Champions books, A Fantasy Hero book or two, probably another Ultimate book or Genre book. How's that for specific? :nya:

Wishing: Conspiracy Hero. :D

Speculation

2 ultimate or ules recap books, not sure what they will be on, probably one on "Stealth" as it is one of the few types of characters yet to be really covered

4 Champions books, including a new villains book, a new powers book and a new city setting

2 Fantasay Books, Probably one being a beastiary

1 new genre/subgenre book

1 Star or Pulp hero book

For Champions, I would say that an ARGENT sourcebook is fairly likely - Steve has discussed his desire to do it for a couple of years. The Martial World is also a distinct possibility, and one of the likelier spots to see the Cult of the Red Banner. Maybe this will be the year that we finally get a 5E PRIMUS book. However, I think it more probable that Shelley Mactyre will have Regency HERO ready for 2009. I also have hopes that Aarn will get its long-delayed book. For sci-fi, I'm betting either Cyber HERO or Mecha HERO. Both have been talked up a lot on the boards, especially recently.

In an ideal world I'd like Hero to be given rights to DC and Marvel and Star Wars to be getting on with..

Yes, it would be a book called The Ultimate Pipe Dream.

I too would like a Cyber HERO and am awaiting the Lucha HERO book.

I would also like to see Golden, Silver, Bronze, Iron, and Steel Age Champions sub-genre books, complete with further fleshed out Champions Universe setting material, as well as adapting any of the material to each age.