This is Stupid...

AdamLeisemann

This a a campaign possibility that I probably will not run. It is presented more or less as a gag.

"The Awful Avengers!"

This is not to be confused with any teams from Marvel Comics.

Inspired by Fenrisulf's "WORST Decade in Marvel Comics" thread, this idea came up.

(Enter film trailer voice, starting up the music)

In a world that represents the very worst of Comicdom, where hope is beleived to be non-existant, where the plots are written by emo-twits, and where politics rule over quality writing, there is a need for heroes...

Who will those heroes be? Gun Toting Vigilantes? Mutants hunted by every redneck in the world? Former heroes who make a deal with the Devil for just "One More Day"? Veterans of the Civil War? Maybe Clones with their own Sagas to forge...

Whomever they are, they shall be known as...

The Awful Avengers...

Rated MS for Marvel S***.

(Back to normal)

What would you want to see lampooned in a campaign like this?

Yes, it is.

Popular Death Man! He dies nearly every adventure or combat, only to return a day or two later. His death is usually always mourned, no matter how often it is he returns. Every once in a while, his power set changes when he returns.

Re: This is Stupid...

Badass Man! He's the best at what he does, and what he does, he's the best at. He has a Really Big Gun, knives sticking out of his knuckles that he can throw, he absorbs or emits energy 'n stuff, and he can stretch his skin.

No, really. Just the skin. It's a cool power, I tell you. Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Did I mention the stomach maggot and facial tattoo?

Re: Yes, it is.

Popular Death Man! He dies nearly every adventure or combat' date=' only to return a day or two later. His death is usually always mourned, no matter how often it is he returns. Every once in a while, his power set changes when he returns.[/quote']

OH MY GOD THEY KILLED DEATH MAN....YOU &@$%@&)'S!!!!!

Actual characters? Hmmmm

Cable

Clone Spiderman

AoA Wolverine

Iron Man

Spiderman with the Armour

Spiderman after One More Day

Might as well add

Spaidaman - the tokusatsu spiderman

The mumbai-based Indian Spiderman.

Venom

Spidergirl

and anything else that has spidersense for a knockoff-riffic spiderteam

Might as well add

Spaidaman - the tokusatsu spiderman spiderteam

That one I might watch, to be honest;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxde2a2_iQ

-Intro, for anyone with the courage to watch.

Character ideas...

"Go forth and whine...my ANGST-MEN!"

-The team of misunderstood and overly-emo moan-tants who try to be understood and respected by a bizarrely incompetent world.

Don't forget Cosmic Celebrity Guy, who shows up to threaten the earth every few issues, only to get whipped by The Grimman, who's sidekicks go on be more likeable and get all the ladies...

Sorry, went a bit ranty there, didn't mean to...

Clothing-Optional Girl Woman! An orphan raised in the wilderness who does not understand the necessity of this artificial skin you call "clothing" and who shimmies out of hers at least once an issue. She flies too, despite a really enormous pair of, um, aerodynamic inefficencies.

Clothing-Optional Girl Woman! An orphan raised in the wilderness who does not understand the necessity of this artificial skin you call "clothing" and who shimmies out of hers at least once an issue. She flies too' date=' despite a really enormous pair of, um, [b']aerodynamic inefficencies[/b].

(Bolding is mine)

Those are "Air Sacs." :P

Welcome to the Awful-verse! Check all clones and dopplegangers with the attendant, then proceed to registration and classification...

Guns-n-Pouches types, please step over to the left. Yes, you can compare the length of your "gun barrels" if you like. Special prize for the person with the most pouches.

Mutants and Emo-Angst types, form a queue on the right, over there under the black cloud.

Wolverine clones, please step through the transporter labeled "Bub-Snikt". You will be taken to a small planet devoted to your type of character.

Mega-powerful and mystical characters, please phase sideways into the Discontinuity Dimension where you will be assigned to an upcoming Universal Reboot.

The large center area is devoted to A$$hattery. If you anticipate acting completely out of character for entire story arcs, please wait there. No, you don't have to listen to Reed Richards explain it all "With Math!" if you don't want to.

Might as well add

The mumbai-based Indian Spiderman.

They could have done something cool with that idea -- "Hey! Let's make a Marvel-verse superhero who lives in India!" -- and then they pi$$ed it all away. Talk about a waste.

You want Indian supers, go and read Virgin Comics titles like Devi.

Spidergirl

Why does everyone rip on Spider-girl? Her stories were at least fun to read, and tended to avoid the worst of the nonsense in the Marvel-616 Universe.

Awesome Girl

She's so awesome that I, as a writer, am not even worthy of cleaning her knee-high boots. She's so powerful that ...garh, she's powerful. And her bondage-outfit loving alter ego is even more powerfuller!

And she's a killer hot babe. But don't think you have a chance with her unless you can brainwipe her and convince her that she's actually her seventeenth century space pirate goddess great grandmother who is totatlly in love with you. Because for her, that's like bringing flowers on a date -just shows you're serious about being a good daddy to her imaginary android universal messiah children.

Retcon Man

Born late last week to one of the leading super couples (actually, half the supercouple plus a brainwashed clone of Satan) of the milieu, he was raised on an imaginary future time-space bubble 40,000 years in the future after being transported there by a Nazi-invented device that turns out to be totally cosmically omnipotent by his not-yet-born-sister from another reality by his actual parents (not including Satan clone) in alternate host bodies.

Returning to a dystopian future post-apocalyptic New York circa 1985, he fights Martian invaders who will soon come to have not existed before being brought back to modern times as a cyborg due to this week's disease of the week, where he fights for mutant liberation!

Not bad for a character who started out as Millie the Model's straight man, hunh?

Five O'Clock Shadow Dude: Real name: David Beard.

Armed with a slew of stolen SHIELD weaponry, all easliy hidden inside his black trenchcoat, FO'CS Dude is an intimating sight. Villians fear his scowly scowl and his gruff but angry demeanor.

His Powers: No blade can cut his facial hair, nor does it grow.

Tremble in fear, True Believers!

I don't think I ever heard of Meg Giles.

I just took the term from Wikifur as it was a joke explanation for why avian anthros have breasts when realistically, they shouldn't.

Meg Giles is the furry artist who first used the term "air sacs" to describe avian breastage, as far as I know.

If you look on various furry art sites under the name "Dustmeat" you should find her stuff, sooner rather than later.

Meg Giles is the furry artist who first used the term "air sacs" to describe avian breastage, as far as I know.

If you look on various furry art sites under the name "Dustmeat" you should find her stuff, sooner rather than later.

Ah.

I was telling my brother about that theory, and he pointed out another alternative: Helium in the breasts.

This a a campaign possibility that I probably will not run. It is presented more or less as a gag.

"The Awful Avengers!"

This is not to be confused with any teams from Marvel Comics.

Inspired by Fenrisulf's "WORST Decade in Marvel Comics" thread, this idea came up.

(Enter film trailer voice, starting up the music)

In a world that represents the very worst of Comicdom, where hope is beleived to be non-existant, where the plots are written by emo-twits, and where politics rule over quality writing, there is a need for heroes...

Who will those heroes be? Gun Toting Vigilantes? Mutants hunted by every redneck in the world? Former heroes who make a deal with the Devil for just "One More Day"? Veterans of the Civil War? Maybe Clones with their own Sagas to forge...

Whomever they are, they shall be known as...

The Awful Avengers...

Rated MS for Marvel S***.

(Back to normal)

What would you want to see lampooned in a campaign like this?

Spiderman Clone Saga - have a hero who, every week, meets a different clone of himself, including a guy who claims to be the "real" X

Iron Man 2000s- this week he's a hero, next week he's gonna sic the government on you

Illuminati - after playing the campaign for years, the PCs suddenly discover that a group of NPC "heroes" not only knew about all the important stuff all along but were actually allowing it to happen because they thought it would be "good for humanity". There will be no backlash or repurcussions allowed from anyone about this. If any PC should dare to complain, the Illuminati will simply ruin his life - after taking over his home state/country as a way to show how much better they would be at ruling the world

Mutant Hating Extraordinaires - you have lots of well known mutant characters but no matter how many times they save the world from who knows what in plain view of the press, the general public still tries to stone them every time they go out in public. "just because you've saved everyone I love 16 times this month doesn't mean I don't hate your freaky, scumbag butt" scream the protestors outside their headquarters while calling for registration acts and detention centers to control the "mutant menace"

They could have done something cool with that idea -- "Hey! Let's make a Marvel-verse superhero who lives in India!" -- and then they pi$$ed it all away. Talk about a waste.

You want Indian supers, go and read Virgin Comics titles like Devi.

Why does everyone rip on Spider-girl? Her stories were at least fun to read, and tended to avoid the worst of the nonsense in the Marvel-616 Universe.

Probably because she's a remnant from the Clone Saga. If I remember right, MJ was pregnant, had the girl, Jackal or someone kidnapper her...and the next thing we know, Spidergirl, never mind that Peter and MJ basically ignored the fact that their daughter had been kidnapped and made no effort to try and find her.