Avengers: The Next Generation on Hero Central

teh bunneh

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Avengers: The Next Generation on Hero Central

You know' date=' you guys aren't making my decision easy. Next time, to help me out, I want all but one of you to submit crappy character concepts. ;)[/quote']

I could act like The Osprey II was my serious submission.

He's totally hardcore, he so figured out how to make The Wizards anti-gravity disk work his dad's wings so now he can totally fly so no one will boot him out of the group for not having super powers. For sure...

I know you already have a full plate bunneh man but I though I would slap one more on you. I present Dryad...daughter of Samuel Smither..a.k.a. Plantman

Dryad

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

20 CON 20 13-

15 BODY 10 12-

25 INT 15 14- PER Roll 14-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

24 COM 7 14-

10/34 PD 7 Total: 10/34 PD (10/34 rPD)

10/34 ED 6 Total: 10/34 ED (10/34 rED)

5 SPD 17 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 26

75 END 18

50 STUN 17 Total Characteristic Cost: 195

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 25"/50"

Cost Powers END

75 Wood & Plant Creation/Manipulation: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Bark Blast: EB vs PD 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7

5u 2) Gaia's Movement: Plant Walking: Teleportation 25", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Can Only Teleport From One Large Plant to Another (Floating Fixed Locations) (-1/2)

7u 3) I Call on the Trees & Plants To Aid Me: Summon 4 250-point Plant Creatures, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

4u 4) I Can Control the Very Trees: Telekinesis (33 STR), Fine Manipulation (60 Active Points); Only Works On Limited Types Of Objects Only Wood & Plants (-1/2) 6

7u 5) Sawdust: Sight Group Flash 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

5u 6) Wood Cage: Entangle 8d6, 7 DEF (75 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire; -1/2) 7

5u 7) Wood Wall: FW (10 PD/10 ED; 4" long and 2" tall), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (72 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire) (-1/2) 3

30 Nature's Defenses: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

30 1) Gaia'a Protection: FF (24 PD/24 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (60 Active Points) 5

9 2) The Healing Earth: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (56 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

10 Barklike Skin: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

17 Life of the Forest: LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: Phytotoxins; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

13 Rooted: Knockback Resistance -10" (20 Active Points); Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2)

18 The Plants Are My Eyes: Spatial Awareness (Sight Group), +5 to PER Roll (27 Active Points); Conditional Power Only Works If Plants Are Present (-1/2)

14 Vine Like Fingers & Toes: Clinging (28 STR)

Perks

3 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers

5 Money: Well Off

6 Reputation: I Am an Avenger (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d6

7 Quinjet & Avenger's Island: Vehicles & Bases

9 Contact: U.S. Department of Forestry (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 12-

Talents

2 Trackless Stride

2 Environmental Movement (no penalties in Overgrown Environments)

Skills

15 +3 with DCV

9 +3 with Wood & Plant Creation/Manipulation MP

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Deduction 14-

2 KS: Avenges Villains & Menaces 11-

5 KS: U.S. Flora & Fauna 16-

5 PS: Boatnist 16-

6 PS: U.S. Park Ranger 15-

7 Paramedics 16-

3 Scientist

6 1) SS: Botany 18- (7 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Chemistry 14- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Geology 14- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Mathematics 14- (3 Active Points)

2 5) SS: Toxicology 14- (3 Active Points)

2 6) SS: Zooology 14- (3 Active Points)

6 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain) 14-

3 Systems Operation 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

5 Tracking 15-

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: Grand Canyon National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

3 2) AK: Mount Hood National Forest (4 Active Points) 15-

5 3) AK: Portland, Oregon (6 Active Points) 17-

2 4) AK: Redwood National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

2 5) AK: Yellowstone National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

2 6) AK: Yosimte National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

2 WF: Small Arms

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 406

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Green Hair (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fear of Fire (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Nature (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Unsure Of Her AbilityTo Be A Hero (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Strong)

5 Social Limitation: Must Follow Avengers Bylines & Rules (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Permanant ID: Samantha Smithers is Dryad (Frequently, Major)

20 Susceptibility: In Contact With Herbicides, 3d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire (Common)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: Samuel Smithers, A.K.A. Plantman seemed to have been defeated by practically ever superhero in the world. The X-Men...Namor..The Avengers, The Fantastic Four..even the Defenders he had lost to them all so finally after he served his jail time he retired from crime and went to work for the New York parks association. His plant controling abilities made the parks grow greener and brighter every year. While working in Central Park one day, he saw a group of young punks chasing a woman, using his powers one of the trees dropped vines and grabbed the thugs. He went over to make sure the woman was fine, and she thanked him by offering to go to lunch with him. After the lunch she asked if she could see him again, after several months the two were engaged. They married a year later and just a few years into the marriage, little Samantha was born. Samuel knew the moment she was born that she was special, her hair was deep green and her skin was a rich brown in color. As she grew Samuel taught her to love plant and to protect them and when her powers manifested at 11 he helped her learn to control them. Samantha also excelled in school and after graduating high school, she went straight into college and earned a degree in botany. After college she spent some time as a park ranger travelling the country, using her powers to help protect National Parks from harm. On her 38th birthday she received a call from her father.

"Sam..it's all over the news. S.H.I.E.L.D. is reforming the Avengers. You must try to join."

"Dad..I Couldn't...I'm no hero."

"You are, Sam honey, your my hero. You taught me what I should have done with my powers."

"Then why don't you do it?"

"Sam...I know I should have told you sooner...I've lost my powers. Please honey do it for me, become the hero your father did not have the courage to be."

"Okay Daddy...I'll try."

Personality/Motivation: Samantha is a soft spoken woman tho loves nature. She is sometimes unsure of her ability yo be the hero that her father wants he to be.

Quote: "Nature has it's own way of dealing with evil."

Powers/Tactics: Dryad possess both the ability to create plant and wood from her body but summon plant creatures toi aid her and control plant and wood that is near her. Her skin is very tough and in addition she can project a field of green energy around herself for protection. She can root herself in the ground and heal at an accelerated rate and has the ability to teleport by walking into one tree and out another.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Samantha is a very attractive young woman with long green hair and deep brown skin. She wears very little in the way of clothes and she is always barefoot.She is almost 40 but only appear to be in her early twenties.

And here are her summoned plant creatures

Plant Creatures

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]

15 DEX 15 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

12 CON 4 11-

10 BODY 0 11-

5 INT -5 10- PER Roll 10-

0 EGO 0 9- ECV: 0

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

0 COM -5 9-

10 PD 5 Total: 10 PD (7 rPD)

10 ED 8 Total: 10 ED (7 rED)

4 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 6

30 END 3

38 STUN 9 Total Characteristic Cost: 80

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 5"/10"

Cost Powers END

9 Bark Skin: Damage Resistance (7 PD/7 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (9 Active Points)

50 Plant Powers: Multipower, 50-point reserve

2u 1) Club Like Hands: HA +5d6 (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

3u 2) Giant Thorn: HKA 3d6+1 (5d6 w/STR) (50 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 5

3u 3) Razor Leaf: RKA 3d6+1 (50 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 5

2u 4) Regerating Link: Aid Stun 5d6 (50 Active Points); Only Restores to Starting Values (-1/2), Others Only (-1/2), Conditional Power Power only works on Dryad or other plant creatures. (-1/4)

3u 5) Vine Ball: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire; -1/2) 5

35 Viney Limbs: Stretching 7" 3

37 Mind Link , With Dryad & Other Plant Creatures, Number of Minds (x8), Psychic Bond, Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points)

Talents

2 Trackless Stride

2 Environmental Movement (no penalties in Overgrown Areas)

Skills

12 +4 with Plant Powers

10 +2 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 170

Total Cost: 250

100+ Disadvantages

20 Distinctive Features: Plant Creature (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Physical Limitation: Deaf (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Fear of Fire (Common, Total)

25 Psychological Limitation: Must Obey Dryad (Very Common, Total)

25 Susceptibility: Comes Into Contact with a herbacide, 3d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire (Common)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Campaign Use: Dryad's summoned critters.

Appearance: These creatures appear to be a mixture of many types of plants.

Apologies for the rough formatting, and thanks to the much greater applicants who I have stolen wholeheartedly from.

Redwing

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

85 STR 55 26- Lift 3.2 ktons; 17d6 [12]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

39 CON 58 17-

15 BODY 10 12-

38 INT 28 17- PER Roll 17-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

14 COM 2 12-

17/32 PD - Total: 17/32 PD (8/23 rPD)

13/28 ED 5 Total: 13/28 ED (8/23 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

25 REC -

78 END -

78 STUN -

Total Characteristic Cost: 206

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 30"/120"

Leaping: 17"/34"

Cost Powers END

7 Momentum Latency: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END for +1/4) for up to 30 STR (7 Active Points) [1]

8 Momentum Boost: +20 STR (x4 END; -1.5) (20 Active Points) [8]

13 Kinetic Absorbtion: Absorb 4d6 Physical -> Stun (-1/2: Normal Maxima) (20 Active Points) [-]

8 Inertial Latency: 8 rPD / 8 rED Damage Resistance (8 Active Points) [-]

10 Friction Latency: 5” Knockback Resistance (10 Active Points) [-]

10 Kinetic Awareness: N-Ray Vision (Stopped by Ultra-dense materials: Gold, Lead, Uranium, etc.) (10 Active Points)

3 Kinetic Attenuation: Ultrasonic Hearing (10 Active Points)

60 Kinetic Facets: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points)

6u 1) Inertia Facet: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF [6]

6u 2) Friction Facet: Energy Blast 12d6 [6]

6u 3) Momentum Facet: Force Wall (12 PD/12 ED) [6]

30 Kinetic Control: Elemental Control (30 Active Points)

20 A) Kinetic Wings: 15” Flight (+1: +1/2 Variable Advantage; -1/2: Restrainable) (60 Active) [6]

30 B)Kinetic Shell: 15 rPD / 15 rED Force Field (+1/2 Reduced to Zero Endurance, +1/2 Persistent) [0]

14 Cosmic Gift: 1d6+1 Healing BODY (+1.25 Decreased Reset 1 Turn, +1/2 Reduced END, +1/2 Persistent; -1/2 Self Only, -1.25 Extra Time 1 Turn Post-12; Standard Effect 2 BODY/Turn) (39 Active Points) [0]

42 Cosmic Metabolism: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immune: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents/terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe: High Pressure/Radiation/Cold/Heat/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character neet not sleep) (42 Active Points);

25 Gadget Pool: VPP (Active Points)

4 Gadget Control: VPP Control (-1 OAF; -1/2 Can Only Be Changed in a Laboratory; -1/2 RSR Inventor) (12 Active Points)

Avengers Membership Package:

3 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers

6 Reputation (A large group): Avenger; Great Hero (14-, +2/+2d6)

7 Vehicles & Bases (Quinjets and Avengers Island)

1 TF: Quinjet

3 Paramedics 17-

2 KS: Avengers Villains and Menaces 11-

3 Systems Operation 17-

5 Avengers Communicard: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); OAF (-1)

Skills

3 Analyze: Technology 17-

3 Computer Programming 17-

5 Cramming

3 Cryptography 17-

3 Electronics 17-

2 Gambling: Board Games 17-

3 Inventor 17-

3 LS: French, Fluent

2 LS: Shawnee, Conversant

3 Mechanics 17-

3 Oratory 12-

2 PS: College Professor

3 Research 17-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Architecture (3 Active Points) 17-

1 2) KS: Natural & Accidental Dangers (2 Active Points) 11-

2 4) KS: The Scientific World (3 Active Points) 17-

1 5) KS: The Boardgame World (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Astronomy 17- (3 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Computer Science 17- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Game Theory 17- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Mathematics 17- (3 Active Points)

2 5) SS: Physics 17- (3 Active Points)

2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 394

Total Cost: 600

200+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Avengers 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

20 Hunted: Avengers Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Legacy Villain Neo Red Skull 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Cosmic Villain (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Fears The Damage He Can Do To Others (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Scientific Curiousity (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Sheltered World View (Common, Moderate)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Scientific Rivals; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry; Multiple Rivalries)

5 Social Limitation: Must Follow Avengers Bylines and Rules (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

250 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 600

Curiosity question...I am seeing a wide range of OCVs and DCVs among the PCs (which is a good thing IMHO, my players always tend to group near whatever cap I set). Mr. Bunneh, what would you say the benchmark CV for the game is (in the same vein that you asked characters to come in with roughly a 15 DC Attack and equivalent Defenses). Again, just curious and congratulation to whoever gets selected!

Hey' date=' what year is it in the Bunnyverse?[/quote']

The rule of the Bunnyverse is "it's unknown until somebody says it". And, as I just told a character it was 2008 in the X-Men game, it's 2008.

Dibs! I am the master of time! Woo me!

Curiosity question...I am seeing a wide range of OCVs and DCVs among the PCs (which is a good thing IMHO' date=' my players always tend to group near whatever cap I set). Mr. Bunneh, what would you say the benchmark CV for the game is (in the same vein that you asked characters to come in with roughly a 15 DC Attack and equivalent Defenses). Again, just curious and congratulation to whoever gets selected![/quote']

You know, I've never really thought to do a comparison. Without looking, I'd guess that most heroes have around an 8 CV, with anywhere from +2 to +4 CSLs of various types. Iron Girl was on the low end, but she recently upgraded her armor (ie Spent some XPs). Arachne was on the high end with a 10 CV, but she doesn't have any CSLs, but she does have some martial arts. So... Dunno. They all seem to work well together, so I'm generally happy with 'em. :)

Curiosity question...I am seeing a wide range of OCVs and DCVs among the PCs (which is a good thing IMHO' date=' my players always tend to group near whatever cap I set). Mr. Bunneh, what would you say the benchmark CV for the game is (in the same vein that you asked characters to come in with roughly a 15 DC Attack and equivalent Defenses). Again, just curious and congratulation to whoever gets selected![/quote']

You know' date=' I've never really thought to do a comparison. Without looking, I'd guess that most heroes have around an 8 CV, with anywhere from +2 to +4 CSLs of various types. Iron Girl was on the low end, but she recently upgraded her armor (ie Spent some XPs). Arachne was on the high end with a 10 CV, but she doesn't have any CSLs, but she does have some martial arts. So... Dunno. They all seem to work well together, so I'm generally happy with 'em. :)[/quote']

Hornet: 7/19 (shrinking) +1 level

Banner: 8/8 +6 levels + manuevers

Black Knight: 8/8 +2 levels

Ms.Marvel: 8/8(10) +1 level

Arachne: 10/10 + manuevers

Iron Girl: 8/8 +2 levels ranged, +manuevers

You know' date=' I've never really thought to do a comparison. Without looking, I'd guess that most heroes have around an 8 CV, with anywhere from +2 to +4 CSLs of various types. Iron Girl was on the low end, but she recently upgraded her armor (ie Spent some XPs). Arachne was on the high end with a 10 CV, but she doesn't have any CSLs, but she does have some martial arts. So... Dunno. They all seem to work well together, so I'm generally happy with 'em. :)[/quote']

I did one. :o

The average is 8-10, with Arachne hitting 12 and Banner hitting numbers you probably don't want to think about. I got 16 on a quick skim of his sheet. :hush:

Any last-minute submissions? You've got about 7 hours from when I post this to get them to me!

Oh, just for fun...

I had another concept in mind, but someone mentioned the spawn of Tigra and a second idea formed and I wanted to see how he'd work out.

May I present...Tyger Fury, the Crimefighting Catman - and son of Tigra and Starfox! :D

Enjoy!

- Lonewalker

May I present...Tyger Fury' date=' the Crimefighting Catman - and son of Tigra and Starfox![/quote']

Dear me, what a strange thing you've conjured. That just created the thought of Nicki Fury -- Col. Fury's ass-kicking daughter. A couple of gizmos, maybe, but enough to give Banner a run for his money.

He certainly seems to be depressed at the moment...

Non Mutant Angst ;)

I gotta admit, the first time I saw the name in that campaign, I thought he was Hulk offspring.

Understandable given the setting, but more of the 'Banner yet waves' type, clearly. Ensign America just didn't have the same ring to it.