A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Friday the 13th part 101 was just released into the theaters.

I wrote up stats for Jason here.

Oh, lovely... everyone's favorite Undead Psychokiller from Hell now has someplace

other than Crystal Lake to terrorize (:shock:).

Who's next? Freddy or Michael (or even more frightening, depending on your point

of view, Ash)?

Major Tom 2009 :jawdrop::help:

Earlier in this thread I posted Red Guard, a group of KGB psionicists from a parallel of the Foundation Chronicles Earth...

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821953&postcount=2850

This is WINTER, their analogs from the Foundation Chronicles Earth... WINTER is primarily a covert operations team, hence no flashy costumes.

(L to R) Enigma, Ice, Nicht, Tiger, Wind, Razor

winter.png

OMG! It's the Russian branch of the Hellsing Fan Club!

Think about it: they're all wearing red, and they've all got those freaky yellow shades.

The only thing they're missing is the funky hat.

Major Tom 2009 :snicker:

The future of warfare?

Edit: I posted the lunar soldier earlier, but this version has different armor.

I started to ask why anyone would give a space soldier something as normal-tech as

a slugthrower, but then I remembered movies like Moontrap (Walter Koenig and Bill

Campbell going up against killer robots on the Moon with modified Uzis) and Soldier

(Kurt Russell going up against various enemies in different locations -- including a

moon -- with autoweapons of different types) and said "Why not?"

Besides, it seemed to work all right in the New BSG (as long as they had explosive

ammo to deal with the chromejobs, that is).

Major Tom 2009 :dyn

My first attempt.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31631&stc=1&d=1242650429

This is for a new PC in my game, an angel who originally sided with Satan, but then felt remorse and changed back before the sides were finalized. He's now doomed to walk the earth with mortals. Largely based on Christopher Walken's character from The Prophesy.

At least he's not a mess like Therakiel (in Vibora Bay).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

I started to ask why anyone would give a space soldier something as normal-tech as

a slugthrower, but then I remembered movies like Moontrap (Walter Koenig and Bill

Campbell going up against killer robots on the Moon with modified Uzis) and Soldier

(Kurt Russell going up against various enemies in different locations -- including a

moon -- with autoweapons of different types) and said "Why not?"

Besides, it seemed to work all right in the New BSG (as long as they had explosive

ammo to deal with the chromejobs, that is).

Major Tom 2009 :dyn

I'm okay with slugthrowers in space. My sci-fi campaign uses them instead of beam weapons (military spacecraft use railguns and missiles). Since my drawings were based on my campaign, their guns shoot bullets.

I don't think this version of Fabrica has a blaster as one of the options. The Mauser is the closest you can get to Han Solo's blaster.

I'm okay with slugthrowers in space. My sci-fi campaign uses them instead of beam weapons (military spacecraft use railguns and missiles). Since my drawings were based on my campaign, their guns shoot bullets.

I don't think this version of Fabrica has a blaster as one of the options. The Mauser is the closest you can get to Han Solo's blaster.

No surprise there, when you consider that the Mauser broomhandle pistol was the

framework upon which the SW props people built Han Solo's blaster (you only need

to look past the sci-fi trimmings to see the Mauser).

Major Tom 2009 :bmk:

Feuer Frei!

professorarcane.png

Professor Arkane

Background

Back when Georgia was still an English penal colony there was a warlock named Samuel Arkane who had been exiled to the Americas. Samuel Arkane was a very powerful and feared person in Georgia. Slaves and plantation owners alike feared Samuel. Those who dared cross Samuel Arkane rarely survived the encounter. However, like most evil, even Samuel Arkane was brought low. His own slaves, whom he never considered a real threat rose up against him one moonless night killing him while Samuel slept. After killing the feared warlock they set his mansion on fire and fled into the night. None of the neighbors dared come near the burning building. Samuel Arkanes' mansion burned to the ground.

However, unknown to everyone else was that Samuel Arkane had planned for such a happening. Samuel hid his magical books in special chest in the basement of his mansion. The chest could only be opened by a descendant of Samuels' who also possessed the innate ability for magic. The chest lay hidden in the ruins of the mansion before Tobias Arkane found the chest.

Tobias who was doctorial student at the time had studied the history of his family, and upon learning of Samuel Arkanes' forgotten mansion felt compelled to visit the ruin. Once on the grounds, he felt a strong compulsion to search the basement. In no time, Tobias found the chest, and with just a touch of his hands the locks spung, and the lid opened up revealing a treasure trove of books.

Since finding the books, Tobias has studying them intently, becoming a warlock himself. Further Tobias finished his doctorate in parapsychology at the University of Georgia. Tobias was to later go on to become a professor at the university. Occassionally Tobias will use his magic to aid Southern Cross, as Professor Arkane. However, unlike his anscestor, Professor Arkane uses his powers for good not evil.

Quote:

"The ways of magic are many."

Personality

Tobias likes being a warlock. He thinks that warlocks have to be mysterious. So when talking to people Tobias likes to be as vague as possible. Tobias is quite aware of his ancestors activities and refuses to follow in his footsteps. Professor Arkane isn't much of a man for violence either.

Powers/Tactics

Tobias is a master of the mystical arts. Most of his magic he has learend from his ancestors books. Tobias is able to draw from himself, but this tires him quickly. He's also able to to draw upon magic around him for more powerful spells. However, since this drains life from around him, Tobias is reluctant to use it. Either way Tobias is able to project mystic bolts of energy, form mystic shields around himself, read other peoples minds, etc... Due to his training, Tobias is resistant to mental powers that are used against him. Tobias is also considered quite the scholar in the fields of parapsychology.

Tobias isn't much of a hand-to-hand combatant. He primarily uses his magic defensively, either to gather information or defend himself or someone else. Tobais also wears the Cloak of Areogon which allows him to fly without expending any of his own energy.

Appearance

Tobias is a tall skinnly elderly gentleman. He is starting to go bald and what hair he has had turned gray. Tobias wears a dark green jacket along with black leggings for a costume. Across his back is the mystical Cloak of Areogon which is blue with a golden border. Tobias typically uses his magic to hid his identity.

Bet that the Prof's career choice isn't sitting too well with a certain individual...

Somewhere deep in the Infernal Realms, the damned soul of the one who had been,

in life, known as Samuel Arkane watched through a mystic window as his descend-

ant Tobias Arkane -- "that useless do-gooder" as Samuel had begun to refer to his

descendant as these days -- once again used his mystic powers not to work evil

upon the world (or even for selfish, personal gain), but to help others. When Tobias

had first found Samuel's hidden cache of mystical lore, Samuel had had hopes that

his descendant would be as ambitious and selfish -- and yes, as evil -- as he him-

self had been in life.

But it was not to be.

Instead, Tobias chose instead to waste (in Samuel's opinion) his inheritance, using

his newly-acquired mystical powers to help his fellow man. Samuel could only watch

in appalled disgust as his descendant did only good with his powers, day after day,

until he could watch no more. In frustration, Samuel closed the mystic window and

began pacing back and forth for several long minutes, before stopping and looking

at where the window had been.

"Tobias Arkane, I did not bequeath my mystic heritage to future descendants of my

bloodline just to see it wasted by someone like you. Since you refuse to use my

legacy as it should be used," Samuel said, his eyes flashing with an unholy light,

"I shall have to take matters into my own hands."

With that statement, Samuel Arkane turned and, striding into the darkness of the

Infernal Realms, began to laugh -- a terrible, cruel laugh...

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

TheTemplarFinal.png

The Templar

Note: The intellect of the Comic's group. A religious fanatic and extraordinary inventor who wants to wipe out the superheroes in order to purge all humans who don't follow his beliefs. Logo by Heromachine 3.

Cripes...this guy looks like Will Riker after he's gone to the Dark Side (:shock:).

Major Tom 2009 :fear:

Boy' date=' you're digging up some old stuff. :o[/quote']

What can I say? I've been looking at the earlier parts of this thread to get caught

up, and only saw that pic last night.

EDIT: Speaking of old stuff, I also posted some stuff on the Professor Arkane post. Had you seen that yet?

Major Tom 2009 :D

What can I say? I've been looking at the earlier parts of this thread to get caught

up, and only saw that pic last night.

EDIT: Speaking of old stuff, I also posted some stuff on the Professor Arkane post. Had you seen that yet?

Major Tom 2009 :D

Yes I did, quite impressive. :)

And the best part about that is (from a GM point of view) that one PC's, or NPC's,

personal bugbear usually winds up being shared by the rest of the PCs/NPCs

(I hadn't known when I made that post that the Prof was part of a group; I figured

like most comic-book mystics, that he was a free agent).

Major Tom 2009 :eg: