A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Euryale was an idea I got after a pic I saw on a webcomic. So it gave me a "What If" idea, as in What if Medusa had a teenage daughter, whom she never told that she was a descendent of the Gorgon, so when she turned 16 she turned green and grew snakes from her head.

Euryale was an idea I got after a pic I saw on a webcomic. So it gave me a "What If" idea' date=' as in What if Medusa had a teenage daughter, whom she never told that she was a descendent of the Gorgon, so when she turned 16 she turned green and grew snakes from her head.[/quote']

At least these days descendants of Greek mythological figures have places and people

to go to for help with coping with weird ancestral stuff (like having snakes sprout from

her head and turning her too-pushy boyfriend to stone for trying to cop a feel). Wasn't

there something like a summer camp for demigods in Percy Jackson?

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

At least these days descendants of Greek mythological figures have places and people

to go to for help with coping with weird ancestral stuff (like having snakes sprout from

her head and turning her too-pushy boyfriend to stone for trying to cop a feel). Wasn't

there something like a summer camp for demigods in Percy Jackson?

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

I know, I know, I just want to make an energy blaster who's the son of Zeus. However, I don't know any Greek. :(

I want to say Zeusopolus or something like that.

crimpsoncosmonaught.png

Crimson Cosmonaught

Hmmm... if the outfit is anything to go by, this guy is someone from Earth that was

transformed by an accident into an energy-being, one that was capable of existing

only within a special suit -- and becoming very bitter about the whole thing.

A bitterness, which, needless to say, was easily discovered and exploited by a cer-

tain interstellar tyrant...and which was used to recruit him to the cause of Entropy.

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Okay, in response to Major Tom, here's:

TribuneNHila.jpg

SHAE SUSSARI V2.0, AKA TRIBUNE N'HILA

Commandant of the 5th Cohort, 1st Shadow Legion, Mistress of the Dark Death

Not bad, but I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding there about the names.

What I had meant was that N'Hila was the Tribune of the 5th Cohort, not the boss-

lady of the entire Darkhunters unit. Shae Sussari was all right as you had her; in fact,

given the rank title you used in her name, I can easily see her as a kind of cadet

instructor -- perhaps even the "headmistress" of the training facility that turns out

fully-trained Darkhunters.

So basically, there's Shae Sussari, who runs the (for lack of a better term) Darkhunter

Academy, and then there's Tribune N'Hila, one of her best 'graduate students', who

commands one of the most prestigious units within the entire Darkhunter organization.

In other words, two different people.

BTW, about the helmet: when they're wearing the field uniform, the Darkhunters

make certain that no features of any kind show that might identify a Darkhunter

in her 'unmasked' state -- ears, eyes, hair, and facial features are all hidden.

Here's how I see the Darkhunters as an organization: while they may be as large as a

Legion, they're not organized as one; to channel Yoda: ambitious and evil Lord Dark

Matter may be, but foolish he most certainly is not. LDM's not crazy enough to have

his most elite commando assassins in one place where an ambitious underling might

try to subvert them for his own purposes. Therefore, he keeps the Darkhunters split

up into smaller units -- Cohort size is the largest size unit he'll allow -- spreading them

throughout his forces, ensuring that he'll have some of his finest agents nearby to

deal with any "problem", while making certain that there are never enough of them

nearby to get through his Nth Legion bodyguards.

Major Tom 2009 :thumbup:

russianeagle.png

Russian Eagle

Are you telepathic or something?! Last night after seeing the stuff about the November

Knights in your post, and if there were any ideas for any other members, I had a

couple of ideas.

One was for a character named Antares (a fellow cosmonaut that was on the same

mission as CC, but whose powers enable him to grow in size from his normal 6' to 60'

in height, with an increase in physical strength and resistance to damage), and a

winged girl named Berkut (I think that means 'eagle' in Russian; I'm not sure).

I've had an idea for two more characters for your Russian group since then.

Troika: A superheroine with the ability to split herself into three identical beings.

Bogatyr: Named after the warrior knights of Russian legend, this hero wears a

suit of powered armor that enables him to fly and to function in virtually every

type of environment known to exist, and which gives him a fearsome combat

capability (in the form of functional replicas of medieval melee weapons, but

constructed using modern technology and ultra-strong materials).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Are you telepathic or something?! Last night after seeing the stuff about the November

Knights in your post, and if there were any ideas for any other members, I had a

couple of ideas.

One was for a character named Antares (a fellow cosmonaut that was on the same

mission as CC, but whose powers enable him to grow in size from his normal 6' to 60'

in height, with an increase in physical strength and resistance to damage), and a

winged girl named Berkut (I think that means 'eagle' in Russian; I'm not sure).

I've had an idea for two more characters for your Russian group since then.

Troika: A superheroine with the ability to split herself into three identical beings.

Bogatyr: Named after the warrior knights of Russian legend, this hero wears a

suit of powered armor that enables him to fly and to function in virtually every

type of environment known to exist, and which gives him a fearsome combat

capability (in the form of functional replicas of medieval melee weapons, but

constructed using modern technology and ultra-strong materials).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

I'm kinda of wanting to avoid another powered armor type. CC is probably good enough. Although I think the Troika idea is interesting.