Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

hfergus

Re: Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Dr. Damascus - Strong black tea with honey and condensed milk, a good game of cricket, though having had Manifest Destiny as a team member, has come to appreciate American rounders, err, Baseball. Swing and big band, but none of this modern tripe like that Elvis hoodlum. A well light study, well packed pipe, a good book, and Duke Ellingon on the phonograph. ( The game he was in took place in '57-'58 )

Sorry Dusterboy, can't rep you for the Cohen the Barbarian, got NestorD though for a decent Arnie line. But, what makes Utax, my favourite Alien brick psycho feel good?

Blood on my fangs, in my mouth, on my fingers

Body convulsions, I watch and I linger,

Long strips of abdomen, livers and spleens,

These are a few of my favourite things.

When the law comes,

and the sun’s bright

then I’m feeling sad

But I’ll simply bite hard and I’ll wrench and I’ll tear

And then I won’t feeeeeeel, so bad

Morningstar - "Terminal Velocity's rosemary tarragon chicken. Or that omelette he makes that he won't tell me what's in it. Sometimes a good meal is all it takes to put the day's problems into perspective."

Okay, with that I should at least do short ones for the rest of my characters (instead of the character study I did for Black Cat).

Terminal Velocity - He really enjoys when he can run. Being a speedster he does it "for work" but he does enjoy going someone out of the way and cutting loose. He also really really enjoys cooking. Going to chef School, working at one of the finer kitchens in Freedom City are helping him gain experience, but his cooking skills match any sous chef in the city (14-), but because he is 19, he doesn't have the experience to get that job, so he really cuts loose at the base. He can lose himself in the detail and creativity and forget about the problems of Genocide, moral quandaries, or his villainous half brother.

Ballistic - He enjoys classic rock, fixing problems, and really enjoys being in space. He takes the occasional extended sabbatical there. He's spent time with the Starguard (not the Star*Guard) and has been to the lesser Magellanic clouds.

Meeb - pretty much everything. He enjoys life almost all the time. Other than accidentally hurting someone because he used too much strength, almost everything is enjoyable. :) But he does play a lot of X-box with Timestrike.

Sift - she loves learning anything new and magical. Finding mysteries, learning new spells, inventing spells, getting to know people. The world is just a big place to study for her, and she loves it.

Smokeater - He both loves and hates fire. He likes all kinds of music, and watching decent dramas on TV.

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!

Although Khan would enjoy the Conan quote, if I remember right he said: "Do you know the Klingon proverb that says revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold in space."

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women. :eg:

What? :whistle:

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!

Although Khan would enjoy the Conan quote' date=' if I remember right he said: "Do you know the Klingon proverb that says revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold in space."[/quote']Actually, that quote is originally from Genghis/Temujin Khan. Though my extended Khan was a Kirk/ST reference. ;)

15 He is a robot from another planet, learned about humanity by watching TV broadcasts. After some adventures he got cable and saw Spongebob Squarepants. Now that is his favorite thing!! I even had the character spend two experience points to buy wealth and fame after the robot wrote a 800 page book on Spongebob.:doi::doi:

Badger- fighting the villains, and being left the hell alone (during down time).

Frosty Bob- fightin' (must be pronounced this way.;)) Beer, guns, and fast women. (havent we covered this before:)) (note: forgot smoking and/or chewing tobacco)

Doggone it! Hermit did it again. I love the getting into the spirit of the song. Someone please rep him. I can't yet. (I did rep the other who did this' date=' but Hermit was first!) I may have to start a Hermit fan club - naw not really, but he tends to impress me a lot. Good going Hermit! May the opportunity to do good things occur often.[/quote']

Got it....

Vigilante likes armor piercing bullets, really he can't have too many.....

one time we had a one shot game

where I got to play Plastic-Man.

and the GM had set up numerous locations and hot-spots

for us to investigate, but with the mix of heroes that players

had chosen... no one had much flight or transportation,

much less "usable by others"

so TADA, here's PLAZ !

I used the VPP to form Dirigibles, Hang-Gliders, Hot-Air Balloons,

or Flash-Gordon type Rocket-Ships, and transported the JLA in style.

it was highly entertaining for me as a player,

and one assumes it made Plastic-Man feel good

to have the team relying on him, even if they looked

undignified while doing so.

one time we had a one shot game

where I got to play Plastic-Man.

and the GM had set up numerous locations and hot-spots

for us to investigate, but with the mix of heroes that players

had chosen... no one had much flight or transportation,

much less "usable by others"

so TADA, here's PLAZ !

I used the VPP to form Dirigibles, Hang-Gliders, Hot-Air Balloons,

or Flash-Gordon type Rocket-Ships, and transported the JLA in style.

it was highly entertaining for me as a player,

and one assumes it made Plastic-Man feel good

to have the team relying on him, even if they looked

undignified while doing so.

Having lame powers? free.

Being useful to the team? Priceless!

Silverswirl says:

GEM likes jazz, a tall marguerita and quiet times with her family.

Blade likes making knives, Classical music (when he's in a good mood), and French wine, cheeses and bread. Brioche is a favorite.

Raptorian likes old fashioned Rock music (esp. Bob Seeger and the like), a good German beer and German food.