Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

Competes with West Virginia Mountaineer

to see who can go longest without setting foot indoors.

WV has a top of 447 days. AK's best was only 335, but

he blames the Fairbanks Fire Department for dragging him

indoors after the Van Horn incident.

Mountaineer has no idea what you're talking about. :angel:

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, not quite as rich colorwise, but I still haven't installed GIMP, so I'm stuck with MS Paint. Here's my bid for D.C.

Representation

Matthew Lillian was in his final year at Georgetown when a conglomeration of evil rolled through town intent on harnessing the mystical power of belief that resided in all national monuments. The effort had been extreme, the task Herculean, but now, the forces of injustice stood poised to rend all of the hope and belief from a troubled nation and use it to power their plans for world domination!

Strangely, no other heroes or groups were nearby when Matthew happened upon the group of sorcerers draining the Lincoln Memorial, so he did what he felt in his heart was right, even though his brain was yelling at him to stop.

He of course, charged. The energies were disrupted at a crucial point, and now brimming with power, Matthew was able to send the mystics packing. As he made it to the next monument, he got his burgdeoning powers under control, and discovered that in addition to being a bit stronger and a LOT tougher, he could literally make four score and seven more of himself, merely by thinking "of the people, by the people, for the people..."

It's long been said that D.C. is the ultimate example of legislation without representation, but one man is aiming to change at least part of that.

The State of Washington

Washington is known as "The Evergreen State," so it's no surprise it's heroine is known as "Evergreen." Who or what she is/was, she won't say, nor where she came from, though it's believed the state authorities know.

What's clear to all is that she seems to be made out of wood, colored a light green, but she's a lot tougher than wood. Very hard to harm, she uses two main powers, "The Lightning of Life," a green-tinted electric strike, and "The Reach of Nature," a TK with the appearance of a transparent stretchable arm and hand.

She sees herself as a protector of nature, and is therefore somewhat of a maverick. However, she appreciates the state's willingness to give her a (well-paying) job, and is careful not to push her ecological viewpoint to the point it imperils her job. Of course, this is Washington, where the government is fairly pro-ecology anyway. If only she didn't hate coffee...

Below are two attachments: the first is her in her "on duty uniform" as she puts it. The second is her off-duty, ready to go hiking. If you want you can put both up on the web-site, or only the "on duty" one. Your call. :)

I had a whole bunch of heroes like these but now I can't find the notebook. Isn't that always the way? The ones that stick out in my mind are the Redbird from NC, The Blue and Gray from VA, the Blue Cresent from SC, Keystone from PENN, Gold and Silver from NM I think, the Golden Bear from CA, The Loon from Minnesota.

CES

The speedster originally known as Express has not forgotten the 1995 bombing of Oklahoma City, and a certain pea brained reporter's snide comments about the situation and the locals. Sure, he was just a kid then, but if he wasn't on his state's side before, that clinched it. At the request of some state officials who want a hero who can represent the state to the rest of the country, he's changed his costume to suit. Declining the name 'Sooner' for himself, he did expand his nome de hero, and now goes by "Oklahoma Express" or O.K.X. for short. That doesn't stop some local media from dubbing him "The Fastest Sooner Alive". He takes it in stride.

The Old Line Jouster

Fred Quincy was kind of a geek. He spent hi time role playing and going to

Renaissance Festivals and the like. He was relatively athletic, and had been

riding horses since he was a child. It was only natural to him to combine

his love of the Res Fest with his love of horses. He decided to master the

official sport of Maryland: Jousting.

He rapidly moved up through the rankings and became a semi-professional,

making a living traveling to Ren Faires all around the country. In 2006 he

was competing in a Joust at The Maryland Renaissance Festival, when lightning struck him. He almost died. He was air lifted to Shock Trauma medical center in Baltimore where he spent the next week in a coma.

Finally he came to, and as the doctors examined him, they were shocked. All

of his injuries had almost healed. Fred left the hospital and noticed that his sight and hearing seemed a bit crisper, and the beginnings of the gut he was building had vanished. Being the geek he was, Fred felt the need to see what was up.

He returned home he mounted his horse, Raven, and began to ride. As he came into town he heard sirens. He spurred Raven into a gallop and, grabbing a long solid tree branch, went toward the sound.

An armed robber had just gone on the run from a local convenience store and,

well you all know how this goes: Fred uses his riding and jousting talents

combined with his increased speed and senses to catch the bad buy.

Boom. Bob's your uncle and The Old Line Jouster was born.

-He wears a Kevlar/Chain mail bodysuit that protects him from most bullets

and non energy projectiles.

-He fights mounted on Raven with a steel composite Lance which he calls Poe.

-Low grade super speed, reflexes, senses and healing.

For North Carolina, I submit the following ideas:

• The Blue Devil -- Nightcrawler-like basketball-playing doctor.
  • Blackbeard -- because pirates are popular.
  • Kittyhawk -- a flyer, perhaps a "tomboy".
  • Roanoke -- mysteeeerious sorcerer-type, with a Griffin familiar named Andy.
  • Tarheel -- some sort of "Alternate Form/Tar" power.
  • Wolfpack -- a Lumbee who can generate/summon "ghost wolves" for combat and tracking.

Egyptoid's idea for a military-type works well for NC, since we've got Ft. Bragg, the Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces.

Valor slipped her mask off as she came home, it had been a rough day. Setting down the shield near the couch, she sniffed the air. The sweet scent of a fine meal in the making wafted from the kitchen.

"Orlando? Are you home?" A smile crossed her face.

Orlando's response was to come out with two cups of ice tea. Her husband handed one to her, then sat down next to his wife, "Hi honey, saw that news clip. Figured you had a rough day between stopping that jailbreak and then getting bad mouthed by that reporter who moved here from Boston commenting on your use of the state flag in your costume...again. So I took an hour off early from the office. Sometimes its good to be the boss", he smiled, then added, "You okay, Janet?"

Janet (aka Valor) shrugged, and took the tea, "Thanks. It's okay. I'm getting used to being an 'archaic symbol of oppression and hate' blah blah blah..." she rolled her eyes. The ignorance of the reporter had been, in her mind, appalling. The reporter (and the term had to be applied loosely) hadn't even known why the name 'Valor' had been taken so many years ago...when one need look no further than Mississippi's state motto. She took a drink.

When she set it down, her husband took her hand, and looked into her blue eyes with those jet gems of his own, "There is nothing hateful in you. You save lives every day. You put yourself on the line, and do your best to keep us all safe. I've never known a kinder and braver soul. It's why I married you."

"Oh? And not because I have great legs?" She arched a slim brow with gentle humor. In reality, she knew exactly how much her husband had sacrificed to be with her, and wondered if he knew how much she admired HIS courage?

"Oh," He responded, giving his wife's legs a once over,"Nah. Those are just why I wanted to have sex with you." He winked, and then laughed as she popped him lightly in the shoulder. It was followed with a kiss that tasted faintly of the tea they'd both been drinking.

When they parted, Janet admitted, "I love you. Thanks, I needed this talk. Speaking of talks..." She said uncomfortably.

Orlando shook his head, "Mom at least answers the calls, but dad won't even do that. They just can't accept I've married a white woman." The African American was embarrassed about it. Prejudice they knew they would face, but from their own families?

Janet groaned, "God. Your dad and my Uncle Cyrus ..." She almost sneered her uncle's name, for she truly detested the bigot, bloodkin or no,"SHOULD get along, seeing as they have so much in common."

Her husband nodded. There wasn't much to deny. Still, "Don't forget about all the folks that don't even blink an eye. Twilight is a slow process, darling, but we ARE heading towards the dawn."

"That's wonderful," She admitted. Then paused, "It also sounds familiar."

"It should, I stole it from your speech when you got the key to the city last year," He grinned. "It was true then, it's true now. Better things keep on coming, the ride maybe bumpy, but we're getting there."

"As long as I get to ride with you," Janet replied, then laughed realizing how that could be taken.

And it was,"Speaking of rides?" his dark brows waggled slightly.

Janet laughed, "Let me shower, and both of us eat first. Trust me, you'll thank me that I did after," Valor set the tea down and headed to clean the grime of crime fighting away.

Orlando Weaver watched his wife go out of sight around the corner of the door to the bed room and shower. He was right, he knew. In this, and more...Good things were indeed on the way.

Private Idaho?

Devil from Georgia?

Remember the Maine?

*blam*

sorry, we had to stop him

As cliche as it might seem, a heroine from Georgia named "Belle" with sonic powers might work, either innate, or from powered armor.