Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

Equate Wisdom with Vision' date=' and you could grant him Precognition with some limitations[/quote']

Thanks. If you've got more ideas, or just want to multi-post this one, maybe you could please look at the new thread I just put up to try and define 'super-wisdom'?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, now I'm wondering how you'd write his powers up in HERO terms: "George Washington's strength of will, Teddy Roosevelt's vigor, Jefferson's wisdom, and Lincoln's courage."

I'm assuming the courage would be an impressive PRE score, and the strength of will would be Ego Defense coupled with a high EGO. Vigor could be high physical Characteristics with possibly a multi-CHAR Aid or Succour... but how do you write up 'super-wisdom' as a power?

Defensive Manuever I-IV, high PER, Analyze, Skill Levels based on PER or Analyze, maybe even Find Weakness, could even be a Persistent Telepathy/Clairsentience where you sense people's intentions and can react accordingly.

If I hadn't just repped Pariah for the new Evergreen :thumbup:, a Shazam meets Cap (Captain Americamarvel!) certainly would have justified a swipe with the rep stick. He needs Seven League boots or something though because SD is friggin' big and sparsely populated. Maybe he has a Rushmore Sense and is always in the right spot? Super Wisdom?

OK' date=' I did a little work on Evergreen "on duty"---before, I couldn't find a useful copy of WA's flag. Now I have, and I've added the state seal (as shown on the flag) to Evergreen's costume.[/quote']

Looks good!

Ya know Idaho is famous for other things than just potatoes. It's known as the Gemstone State. There's also Hell's Canyon, the Snake River. It's also the home of the Arayan Nation (what's left of it). Anyone remember Ruby Ridge? That was in Idaho.

Ya know Idaho is famous for other things than just potatoes. It's known as the Gemstone State.

How about a Power Armor type who has a gem like appearance to his armor rather than metal?

Whether that is caused by force field tech, plastics, or actual gems I'm not sure of yet, but here's what popped into my head.

How about a Power Armor type who has a gem like appearance to his armor rather than metal?

Whether that is caused by force field tech, plastics, or actual gems I'm not sure of yet, but here's what popped into my head.

I like him Herm.

Salem and Idaho look good....

Originally Posted by The Arc viewpost.gif

Ya know Idaho is famous for other things than just potatoes. It's known as the Gemstone State.

Idaho is also known for nuclear reactors. Go look up INEL on Google.

Then go get your blankie and curl up in a corner and shiver.

One for New Mexico Estrella (not happy with the names but my Spanish sucks so any good suggestions would be appreciated

FYI: The symbol on the New Mexican flag is called a Zia symbol. If she uses it, her power should definitely be themed to the four congruous cycles, and a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit, and a devotion to the welfare of others.

For Massachussetts :

Lady Liberty, via the state motto "Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" (Latin: By the sword she seeks peace under liberty). Patriotic, sword-wielding weaponmistress. Maybe even a "blind justice" element where she has eyes covered by a cloth, but she can "see" injustice or criminal intent.

Old Ironsides - Powered Armor hero with a "sail and rigging" motif to his armor.

Sorry, Shigeru. Hope Dr. Salem didn't step on toes there.

I've never even BEEN to Arizona' date=' and I'm not sure the term was even used outside of the less than stellar movie ( ;) ) but for Arizona, how about a Navajo with the power to control the very air about her called Windtalker?[/quote']

I really like your concept. But I would like to also put a hero into the running for Arizona.

Jacob Zeldenthuis, which translates as "seldom at home", was a third generation prospector and spent most of his life looking for that one big elusive vein of gold in the Arizona deserts. Over the past 120 years, the mother load of many fables and legends, that many say never even existed, has cost many prospectors their lives. Unfortunately, among those lost included Jacob's father and grandfather. That is the lure of The Lost Dutchman's Mine.

Jacob never did find the mine, but instead ended up finding more than he ever dreamed of at the bottom of a deep cave which no white man had ever set foot in. He accidentally stumbled upon a site held sacred for generations by many of the local Native American tribes. Throughout the millenia, the site would only appear during times of gravest peril and traditionally only the strongest and bravest of warriors would enter. Undergoing many personal and spiritual trials, the ancestors of previous warriors and heroes found Jacob worthy and trusted him with their gift. They infused him with the Spirit of the Land. When he pulled himself out of the earth, Jacob found himself changed, found himself rejuvenated and found himself with a new purpose in life. Now he is the protector of all of the lands of the southwest and from this time forth is known as The Lost Dutchman.

Finally, a few minutes to sit down - but still no picture to go with it! *Waiting impatiently for my computer and intenet to be in working order again*

Over 20% of the population of New York State is foriegn-born. Some more foreign than others.

In 1992, coincidentally during the centenary celebrations of the Ellis Island immigration depot, a alien space craft the size of a large container truck plowed into the harbour, skipped across the water, and ground to a stop in Battery Park.

Stuffed inside were almost 50 beings of rather alarming appearence, but after initial misunderstandings they identified themselves as peaceful refugees from a distant dwarf galaxy ( possibly - such explanations as "We/us had to leave - the alnerthrung had underturned the G'noghght" still cause some bafflement )

Since then, the Xmiths have settled enthusiastically into the culture of the state, and especially the city - and one, J%8%8'K 'Jake' Xmith has earned a place in the super-roster as The New American, a minor speedster-brick working 25 hours a day, from the City That Never Sleeps

Admittedly, he doesn't go for the flashy uniforms of his teammates - for one thing they'd look pretty strange on his stout, greenish, multi-tentacled, cyclopean form - but he does have a wide range of jackets, tshirts, baseball caps and badges that all promote his support for his adopted homeland

This description interested me. I hope you don't mind that I took a crack at depicting him. I'll remove the attachment if you wish.

BTW, I glossed "...his adopted homeland" as NYC; his t-shirt and baseball hat use the city flag.

I spent the first 14 years of my life in upstate New York, and in my experience (then and since) most people in NYC almost forget the city is part of (a minority part of) New York state. So it wouldn't be unusual for "Jake" to use the symbols of NYC as his motif. ;)

Well having lived most of my life in NY (Manhattan and Upstate). Personally I was thinking of a Growth hero named Empire (state motto: Excelsior = Higher). I tried a costume but was pretty boring.

Actually, I was thinking of a NY State hero. I would base it on the state nickname, "The Empire State." Something Roman-imperial themed. But Heromachine doesn't have a decent costume, so I dropped the idea.

Mind you, there's some passable armor, but no toga or other "civilian" costume. :(

Folks I did another big overhaul.

All pix I know about as of midnight the 13th are up.

-> this link points to the "Older" Page

-> the 50 Heroes link is this one here to click

I put up more alternates on the "Old" page

Idaho, South Dak, Massach, are up on main page

and others are up on the "Old" page

I apologize for the font situation,

but there's a hint of structure, navigation even!

I posted a Pennsylvania, and a North Dakota:

1) they are "stolen" from Baloo and Enforcer

- - so let me know if that's not cool.

2) anyone with better ideas please post.

:cool: My idea for ND was that "She" was an AI robot designed by AIR FORCE SYSTEMS COMMAND.

She did her job quite well. Not good enough for

the USAF, who declined the final product, but the Air National Guard

of ND spoke right up. So she has programming similar to Asimov's 3 laws,

and she defends the NDANG, the USAF, the people of North Dakota, and the citizens

of the United States, and citizens of her allies, in that order.

SAGE was an automation tool in the sixties, and she's named PLATINUM SAGE.

:dynKEYSTONE from PA is of course the usual FISS brick.

Miss Wisconsin is up.

Washington edited.

Still Needed:

============

Ohio (pic)

Pennsylvania (pic)

NC (pic) several good concepts were floated

Washington State (concept and pic)

Minnesota (concept and pic)

Illinois (concept and pic)

Nebraska (concept and pic)

Georgia (concept and pic)

Vermont (concept and pic)

Maine (concept and pic)

Connectictut (concept and pic)

Again, it would be cool if someone FROM said state did the hero,

but it may not be possible.

Plus ones that could be done better....

Alaska

Arkansas

Delaware

Thanks again people, this is excellent stuff.

No disrespect to anyone whose worked on these....

But a few of these hero names kinda need some more thought:

Captain Colorado?

What about a Rocky Mountain/A-Basin/Boulder/Bighorn (State Animal) type Brick or a Captain America homage called Centennial (Colorado is the Centennial State dontchaknow) or a fun good-guy(girl) who uses jokes for freedom called Lark (State Bird).

Heck a cool villain for Colorado would be Greenback Cutthroat (trout - State Fish)

Miss Wyoming?

Why not call her Meadowlark (State Bird) or build a Brick/MA called Bison (State Animal) or make her American Indian and call her Cheyenne (Capitol and largest city)... And here's the one I can't believe anyone picked up on... A powerhouse called Yellowstone. :)