Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

I've had these brothers in my mind for a long time--this is the first that I've written them down. I hope the descriptions of their costumes will suffice until I can figure out the costume generator. :ugly:

Here now, for Ohio and Pennsylvania--

Captain Keystone & Captain Buckeye

Brett and Eric Hoyt were identical twins whose parents divorced when they were five years old. Brett went to live with his father in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Eric to live with his mother in Columbus, Ohio. Thus was the stage set for the greatest sibling rivalry in human history.

As they grew to adulthood, each of the twins pushed themselves to excel in academics, athletics and everything else in the relentless, never-ending quest to outdo one another. Both graduated as valedictorians from their respective high schools, and went on to college on full scholarships, Brett to Penn State and Eric to Ohio State. They became star quarterbacks for their school’s football teams and star forwards for their basketball teams, and captains of their debate and chess teams, and when they met on the gridiron or the court, at the podium or across the board, it was always the match of the century. Each graduated magna cum laude, and went on to law school, where they again graduated with high honors. Brett went on to work for the Pennsylvania Department of Justice as a criminal investigator; Eric did the same for the Ohio Bureau Of Criminal Identification and Investigation. Both of them did exceptionally well in the apprehension and prosecution of the worst of their states’ criminals.

The Hoyt brothers drive to excel in anything and everything attracted the attention of Karlos Kragenrage, who was looking to carve a niche for himself in the mad science community with his super-empowerment process. He found in the Hoyts not only the perfect physical specimen, but the one thing every good scientist needs–a control subject. He kidnapped them both and brought them to his secret laboratory; a coin toss decided that Brett would be the one exposed to the process. Kragenrage sealed him inside an airtight stainless steel chamber. Switches were thrown, generators spun to life, and the chamber was filled with Kragenrage’s special enhancement gas formula before Brett was subjected to a shock of 200,000 volts. As Kragenrage gloried in watching Brett writhe and scream in agony, Eric managed to slip free of his bonds and take Kragenrage by surprise, then he shut down the process and freed Brett from the chamber.

The process worked beyond Kragenrage’s wildest dreams. Brett found that not only were his strength and agility amplified tenfold, he could also levitate himself magnetically and fire lightning bolts from his hands. After taking Kragenrage into custody, Brett offered his services to the Federal government and his home state, and thus did he become–Captain Keystone, The Protector Of Pennsylvania! Not to be outdone–never to be outdone--Eric trained himself up in martial arts and acrobatics, then acquired a high-tech, high-speed motorcycle, an expandable battle-staff, and a wireless taser. Offering his services to the Federal government and his home state, Eric became–Captain Buckeye, The Hero Of Ohio! And as the Hoyt brothers’ obsession to outdo one another continues, the greatest casualty in their rivalry is always the forces of evil.

As identical twins, Brett and Eric Hoyt are each 5' 11" tall and weigh 230 pounds, all of it trim, well-toned muscle. Their hair is brown, and their eyes are hazel. When out of costume, they wear immaculate business suits that are never stained or wrinkled. As Captain Keystone, Brett wears a skintight damage-resistant costume–the torso and sleeves are gold, with a keystone emblem on the chest outlined in dark blue. The rest of the costume from the waist down is dark blue also, and includes a cape, close-fitting cowl and gloves in dark blue. As Captain Buckeye, Eric wears dark blue damage-resistant tights with red trunks (with a large white panel on each side), red leather gauntlets and buccaneer-style boots. A dark blue close-fitting cowl that is open at the top conceals his identity, and the emblem on his chest is patterned after the Ohio state flag–a solid red circle outlined in white, surrounded by seventeen stars arranged in a semi-circle. (The Ohio state flag is also emblazoned on the backs of his gauntlets.)

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a great thread, as part of one of the oldest supergroups in City of Heroes on the Triumph Server, called Global Heroics, it has to be a country recognized by the UN with a flag, for example, I currently have Mr. Tonga, Miss Tonga, and Mr. Indonesia, I also have an academy instructor called Mr. Komodo Island, which isnt techincally a country, but he went through our Global Academy and stayed on as a combat instructor, Mr Komodo Island is a bipedal mutated Komodo dragon.

http://www.globalheroics,net

we have at least 125 members at last count.

this is a great thread, as part of one of the oldest supergroups in City of Heroes on the Triumph Server, called Global Heroics, it has to be a country recognized by the UN with a flag, for example, I currently have Mr. Tonga, Miss Tonga, and Mr. Indonesia, I also have an academy instructor called Mr. Komodo Island, which isnt techincally a country, but he went through our Global Academy and stayed on as a combat instructor, Mr Komodo Island is a bipedal mutated Komodo dragon.

http://www.globalheroics,net

we have at least 125 members at last count.

Not to be picky, but you've got a comma in that link.

SC? Yes we do' date=' a little fairy bug looking lady[/quote']

not quite the ringing endorsement for which I had hoped. :D

Anyhoo, I'm not going to touch International stuff,

the Around the World thread is too awesome.

Tribe and The-Arc do great work there.

love the Oregon Bike & Eco-Ranger.

the Beaver People will be on the Subs page.

*BLAM*

yes, it had to be done. no jury anywhere would convict.

thanks to the brave person who worked on the

original MD flag, looks good.

The WA. Evergreen one is a good concept, and there should

be a few non-human heroes in the Fifty. What I would request,

is can someone work up the picture in the animated style?

heromachine really is a totally different look, but it might work.

Don't get me wrong, you've done good work on it.

of the NC ideas, strangely I do like the pirate one...

I'll do more work later today.

Thanks again people; (ditto Pariah amazed)

Not to open a completely different can of worms here, but I was just thinking. We have forty-some-odd different pictures here, along with a few character background stories. And based on that, I just had to ask....

Has anyone actually written up any of these characters yet?

I started a preliminary write-up on Honeybee the other day. It looks like she'll come in at around 425 points on the economical side, and could easily go to 500. This includes not just her Powers and Skills, but also equipment (e.g., a radio) she'd be using if she were working as part of a larger group of heroes. Ultimately, that's what we're building here: the biggest, baddest group of heroes around.

Imagine some supervillain showing up to try to take over Washington DC, only to be greeted by EVERYONE who's been posted on this thread. I think even Doctor Destroyer and Takofanes would have second thoughts.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has started statting out any of the characters here.

Not to open a completely different can of worms here, but I was just thinking. We have forty-some-odd different pictures here, along with a few character background stories. And based on that, I just had to ask....

I started a preliminary write-up on Honeybee the other day. It looks like she'll come in at around 425 points on the economical side, and could easily go to 500. This includes not just her Powers and Skills, but also equipment (e.g., a radio) she'd be using if she were working as part of a larger group of heroes. Ultimately, that's what we're building here: the biggest, baddest group of heroes around.

Imagine some supervillain showing up to try to take over Washington DC, only to be greeted by EVERYONE who's been posted on this thread. I think even Doctor Destroyer and Takofanes would have second thoughts.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has started statting out any of the characters here.

This sounds like a good idea. Hopefully I'll get a change to put together something for Golden Hammer later today, although I think I will shoot for 350 to start with.

I started out on Volunteer, though he's not finished. I was aiming for 350 myself, but could certainly buff him up ;)

"Gunny Ramos"

Gunnery Sergeant Rebecca Ramos was darn near born screaming "OORAH!" She grew up a tomboy in a family with four brothers, and a history of service. Their roots in the US Marine Corps went all the way back to a distant past and one of the first Continental Marines.

Rebecca was determined to follow the family career, and she enlisted on her 18th birthday. She flew through Basic at Paris Island, or as she thought of it, "Summer Camp." After growing up with a literal Drill Instructor for a father, the physical rigors were almost passe.

It was shortly thereafter that her final run on the confidence course altered her life forever. An alien invasion chose possibly the worst single time ever to attempt to gain a beachhead. Attacked by the Marines and recruits of Paris Island, the aliens were sent packing. The fighting had been fierce, but the casualties were surprisingly low due to the aliens ignorance of the inhabitants.

One however, was not to fortunate. Rebecca had run to protect the generator building after she ground troops from the alien ship moving to destroy the base's power. No power would mean that a lot of the Marine's optioins would be curtailed, and Rebecca was not going to let that happen. A 20 minute game of cat and mouse ensued, and ended with abrupt finality when they unloaded their mass dispersal explosives on the generator that Rebecca has just dove behind.

The explosion did shunt power, but by then, the battle was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Rebecca was pulled from the wreckage, seemingly just stunned, despite the tons of rubble that had buried her. She recovered slowly, but as she neared the end of her therapy, she started surpassing every previous physical benchmark she had set in basic.

Soon, she was blowing those benchmarks out of the water. About then, the DoD took an interest in Rebecca, and se began a period of service to her country that included serving as part of Marine Force Recon S, the powered branch of the Corps. She mustered out to the resrves as a Gunnery Sergeant, and to this day, still goes by "Gunney Ramos" in her native South Carolina.

With superhuman strength, speed, endurance and resilience, Gunney Ramos is already a force to be reckoned with, but the twin gauntlets she wears allow her to perform a variety of tricks based on vibrational control. Not the least of which, is bypassing armor, or reaching through a wall to grab a target.

Pictures: Two for one. Gunney Ramos in her dress blues, and in her field gear.

Valor slipped her mask off as she came home, it had been a rough day. Setting down the shield near the couch, she sniffed the air. The sweet scent of a fine meal in the making wafted from the kitchen.

"Orlando? Are you home?" A smile crossed her face.

Orlando's response was to come out with two cups of ice tea. (snip)

That was awesome! And kinda hot, but don't you think it should have been sweet tea....Or are you just assuming a bag of sugar in every glass? :D

That was awesome! And kinda hot' date=' but don't you think it should have been sweet tea....Or are you just assuming a bag of sugar in every glass? :D[/quote']

Could be taken either way I suppose. On one hand, Sweet Tea is practically the regional beverage in many sections of the South... on the other, athletic superheroes often try to eat and drink right ;)

Okay, here we go, one Golden Hammer, with build and full background.

Golden Hammer

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 ½d6

16 COM 3 12-

6+25 PD 0 Total: 6/31 PD (0/25 rPD)

4+25 ED 0 Total: 4/29 ED (0/25 rED)

6 SPD 27 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 0

40 END 0

45 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 161

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 15"/30"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

50 Golden Steel : Armor (25 PD/25 ED) (75 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

24 Golden Aura: Flight 15" (30 Active Points); Visible (Golden Aura; -¼) 3

20 Blessing of the Golden Steel: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Linked (Golden Steel ; -½) 0

6 Iron Will: Mental Defense (10 points total) 0

13 Bat it away: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points); Linked (Swing; -½) 0

37 Golden Hammer: Multipower, 75-point reserve, all slots Conditional Power Power does not work in Very Uncommon Circumstances (Requires a Strength 30; +0) (75 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)

3u 1) Swing: Hand-To-Hand Attack +10d6, Penetrating (+½) (75 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 7

Notes: Total 14d6 w/Strength

3u 2) Send them Flying: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8 ½d6, Double Knockback (+¾) (75 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 7

Notes: 11.5d6 with Strength

Skills

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Law (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) KS: Social Work (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS: Sociology (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Survival 13-

3 Tracking 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 189

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Family 11- (Less Pow, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

25 Hunted: KKK 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

25 Hunted: Neo-Nazi's 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

5 Watched: NAACP 8- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

5 Watched: State Govenment 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Bound By Duty (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Short tempered (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Stubborn (Common, Strong)

20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Many Enemies) Frequently (11-), Severe

10 Social Limitation: Famous (Frequently, Minor)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Born from a line of Southern "heroes" the latest Golden Hammer has sworn to become a true hero, not an oppressor still fighting the War of Northern Aggression and trying to uphold those outdated ideals. As was the tradition when reaching maturity Abigail was passed the Armor and Weapon of her ancestors. Dug from the first iron mines of Alabama the raw ore was brought away to a family of share croppers who were said to be mystics from the old world. The miners offered them the ore as a gift to give them the strength to defend their homes and their lands. Taking payment, those present were told to return in one year and a day.

This was never to be. Word spread quickly and the mine owner quietly took note of the workers actions. Biding his time he arranged for accidents to befall each of the miners. Save one, Douglas Sinclair, the man who had sold out his fellow workers. Returning to the family Douglas was given a sculpted breastplate and sledgehammer. Both forged from the original ore. The black of the iron gone instead these tools gleamed with an inner light.

With these new arms the blood of the Sinclair line was given three blessings: To always be strong, for the might to wield the hammer. To always be healthy, for the endurance to stand against any challenge. And to always be strong of mind, to resist the temptations of others.

Douglas Sinclair’s first act upon receiving these gifts was to slay the family, man, woman and three children, to prevent them from spreading their witchery further. For the remainder of his life Douglas Sinclair served the mine owner keeping the other men in line and upholding the values of the business. It was not until Douglas turned fifty six that he passed on the mantle of Golden Hammer to his son already in his twenties.

This continued on for several generations, each time the Hammer and Steel being passed to the eldest. This changed with the birth of Abigail Sinclair. Five generations removed from Douglas she was an only child. Even with the power of the Hammer and Steel the Sinclair line had fallen onto hard times. Her father had long since put away the Golden Hammer; taking a job as a simple auto mechanic. The money from the Klan had long since dried up.

Abigail was raised with the idea that she would make her family great again. This took root in her mind and heart. Abigail could see the world changing around them and it wasn’t just the Sinclair blood line being passed by it was her whole entire state. Looking back through her family’s she could see how her very kin had helped to make this sad depression a reality.

As Abigail matured she kept her observations to herself biding her time when her father would grant her the Hammer and Steel. On her twenty-first birthday the day had come. Upon taking the Hammer and Steel Abigail donned the mantle of Golden Hammer vowing to see her home great again and to undo the sins of her bloodline.

Her family, feeling betrayed, have since disowned her and have actively worked to retrieve the Hammer and Steel even though Abigail’s mother cannot have another child. This has put her at odds with many old friends of the family. This however has only driven her to fight harder.

This new Golden Hammer dreams of a time when her home of Alabama will no longer be looked down on as repressed and backwards and has dedicated herself to fighting for equality.

2649055791_329f4e635b.jpg?v=0

Folks I did a big overhaul. All pix I know about as of midnight the 11th are up.

there are now two pages .

this old link points to the secondary page.

the current link is this one here to click

the better Eco-Ranger is up, and the SC Gunny :thumbup:

but the old versions reside on the "Historical" page

so that leaves room for some fan favorites like

Mighty Quahog and the Beaver-People

(the pinging sound you here is Enforcer giving me rep

for wasting employing my web server to hold his beaver pix)

Finally, a few minutes to sit down - but still no picture to go with it! *Waiting impatiently for my computer and intenet to be in working order again*

Over 20% of the population of New York State is foriegn-born. Some more foreign than others.

In 1992, coincidentally during the centenary celebrations of the Ellis Island immigration depot, a alien space craft the size of a large container truck plowed into the harbour, skipped across the water, and ground to a stop in Battery Park.

Stuffed inside were almost 50 beings of rather alarming appearence, but after initial misunderstandings they identified themselves as peaceful refugees from a distant dwarf galaxy ( possibly - such explanations as "We/us had to leave - the alnerthrung had underturned the G'noghght" still cause some bafflement )

Since then, the Xmiths have settled enthusiastically into the culture of the state, and especially the city - and one, J%8%8'K 'Jake' Xmith has earned a place in the super-roster as The New American, a minor speedster-brick working 25 hours a day, from the City That Never Sleeps

Admittedly, he doesn't go for the flashy uniforms of his teammates - for one thing they'd look pretty strange on his stout, greenish, multi-tentacled, cyclopean form - but he does have a wide range of jackets, tshirts, baseball caps and badges that all promote his support for his adopted homeland

Folks I did a big overhaul. All pix I know about as of midnight the 11th are up.

there are now two pages .

this old link points to the secondary page.

the current link is this one here to click

the better Eco-Ranger is up, and the SC Gunny :thumbup:

but the old versions reside on the "Historical" page

so that leaves room for some fan favorites like

Mighty Quahog and the Beaver-People

(the pinging sound you here is Enforcer giving me rep

for wasting employing my web server to hold his beaver pix)

Sorry you've been too cool lately. Maybe later. :)

Three days ago, he'd been investigating a fellow Representative in Pierre for corruption. He'd been warned that this senior member of the State Legislature had powerful friends, but he knew the man was engaged in improper (and probably illegal) conduct. A lot of people stood to lose everything they had if something wasn't done. So he decided to do something.

That was three days ago. Since then, he'd awakened deep in the Black hills with no food, no water, and no protection from the harsh summer heat. Since then he'd wandered, searching in vain for any signs of civilization or aid. He knew his strength would fail him sooner or later—probably sooner. He pressed on, hungry, thirsty, and delirious.

"You don't look so good, friend."

He looked up and saw a man—tall, dark, and serene. He could hardly speak. "Wh...what?"

"I said you don't look so good."

He couldn't believe it. After three days, finally he had a glimmer of hope. Or maybe it was just a mirage. But the stranger looked real. "Water? Do you have water?"

The other pointed. "There's a stream about 20 yards away, behind those rocks."

He stumbled, in a daze, to the brook. He first wet his parched lips, then sipped, then drank deeply of the cold, clear water. He could feel his strength starting to return.

"Where am I?"

"On the back side of the big mountain. The one with the faces."

Almost 200 miles away, he realized. There wasn't much time.

"I need to get back to Pierre," he told his benefactor.

"Why?"

"Because somebody's going to do something bad, something that's going to hurt a lot of people. I have to stop him."

"Ah, the land bill. I see."

He couldn't help but stare. "How....?"

"I am the land," he said simply.

He didn't know what to think of the strange man's words, but he had no one else to turn to. "Can you help me?"

"You revere this place," his new friend said. "Tell me why. Tell me about the men on the mountain."

He looked up to see the familiar faces of Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln looking down on him. He couldn't understand it. Hadn't his friend just said they were behind the mountain?

"They...they were great men. Men who cared about people. About freedom."

"Men like you."

He was amazed. "I...I don't think of myself that way. They were heroes. I'm just an ordinary man. I'm not like them."

"But you try to be."

"Well, yes, I do. I look up to them. I try to learn from their examples. I want to be the kind of man they were."

"Then you will be. You will have the strength of will of George Washington, the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson, the vigor of Theodore Roosevelt, and the courage of Abraham Lincoln. You will be as strong and swift as four men. You will stand as a defender of this land and its people. For as long as you desire for this land and its people to be free, you will have these gifts. Now, go, with my blessing." And the dark stranger faded from his view.

Two hours later, he stood upon the steps of the State Capital. He had a land bill to defeat.

Rushmore:

RushmrFH.png

I remembered need to put the Governator on the secondary page....

rushmore is iconic... will post soon.

Hey Baloo ! is it okay if use some of your many fine creations

as Silver Age versions of these 50 heroes?

here's my rough draft of Jaxe Xmith from New York, I'll edit him some more before a final.

"You revere this place," his new friend said. "Tell me why. Tell me about the men on the mountain."

He looked up to see the familiar faces of Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln looking down on him. He couldn't understand it. Hadn't his friend just said they were behind the mountain?

"They...they were great men. Men who cared about people. About freedom."

"Men like you."

He was amazed. "I...I don't think of myself that way. They were heroes. I'm just an ordinary man. I'm not like them."

"But you try to be."

"Well, yes, I do. I look up to them. I try to learn from their examples. I want to be the kind of man they were."

"Then you will be. You will have the strength of will of George Washington, the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson, the vigor of Theodore Roosevelt, and the courage of Abraham Lincoln. You will be as strong and swift as four men. You will stand as a defender of this land and its people. For as long as you desire for this land and its people to be free, you will have these gifts. Now, go, with my blessing." And the dark stranger faded from his view.

Rushmore:

RushmrFH.png

Captain America meets Shazam? So Repped.

Captain America meets Shazam? So Repped.

Thank you. The SHAZAM! thing is exactly he feel I was going for.

Only it's going to be hard for him to yell "GWTJTRAL!" when trouble is nearby.... :)

Thank you. The SHAZAM! thing is exactly he feel I was going for.

Only it's going to be hard for him to yell "GWTJTRAL!" when trouble is nearby.... :)

Hmm, now I'm wondering how you'd write his powers up in HERO terms: "George Washington's strength of will, Teddy Roosevelt's vigor, Jefferson's wisdom, and Lincoln's courage."

I'm assuming the courage would be an impressive PRE score, and the strength of will would be Ego Defense coupled with a high EGO. Vigor could be high physical Characteristics with possibly a multi-CHAR Aid or Succour... but how do you write up 'super-wisdom' as a power?