The Addams Family

Kal'El Wayne

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Addams Family

Gomez would have very high PRE and COM, as well as PS: Lawyer, the Fencing martial art package, and natural leadership skills. Morticia's PRE and COM would be, if anything, even higher. (The chemistry in the movies between Angelica Huston and the late, lamented Raul Julia is some of the most amazing ever put on the screen.)

Wednesday is a twisted genius. Extremely high INT. Deduction 15- at least. Research skill so high that keeping a secret from her would be futile. Highly charismatic despite her mannerisms. Her main drawback is that she is utterly amoral -- the very concepts of right and wrong are alien to her.

And, of course, they're Filthy Rich and have no trouble supporting their bizarre lifestyle.

Lurch is the real powerhouse of the family. Lifting cars is just the beginning.

Consider: He was always just offscreen when someone 'rang' for him. Precognition? Or Teleportation (only when out of sight)? Or Both (which I favor, since he always seemed to have what was needed close at hand)?

His COM may have been rather low, but his PRE had to be phenominal. His EGO probably didn't suck, either.

Our Batman-wannabe used him as his butler, in an old New Orleans campaign.

I want an Addams Family in my mega-crossover universe game. Especially Wednesday Addams:eg: (the rest will cameo' date=' she is a major NPC). Anyone tried statting them yet? I would do it myself but I'm terrible at replicating characters.[/quote']

What are you planning to do with my childhood sweetheart? :mad:

I want an Addams Family in my mega-crossover universe game. Especially Wednesday Addams:eg: (the rest will cameo' date=' she is a major NPC). Anyone tried statting them yet? I would do it myself but I'm terrible at replicating characters.[/quote']

an ADDAMS FAMILY RPG?

like the song says

"neat ,sweet,petite"

Thanks guys.

I really want to find out how you guys would stat things like the fact that they seem to find death a minor inconvenience, according to various comments that they made. Combined with the game 'wake the dead' I thought that 1d6 healing with regeneration rules, resurrection adder and heals limbs adder would be good, stoppable by burial (unstopped by digging up the coffin). Maybe an extra 1d6 healing (with linked armour) that only works when being tortured. To explain the times that Fester cured his headache in the TV show by using a vice on his skull.

Don´t worry, Wednesday may have been your childhood sweetheart but she was an unattainable treasure to me too since the first time saw the Addams Family Movie. I'm going to make her the Giles to my pc's scooby gang, but with added sinister evil parts. I might eventually let them realise the truth. That she only hires them to play the good part of her evil schemes, that the people they fight off are also her pawns.

Very high levels of physical toughness and recuperation, given what we saw them do for entertainment / relaxation. Especially the kids.

Also maybe various immunities, given some of what they eat. Recall some VERY odd things in that regard - Hemlock amongst them.

Fester once swallowed the mercury from a thermometer - and it made him feel better! :confused:

Gomez would have very high PRE and COM' date=' as well as PS: Lawyer, the Fencing martial art package, and natural leadership skills. Morticia's PRE and COM would be, if anything, even higher. (The chemistry in the movies between Angelica Huston and the late, lamented Raul Julia is some of the most amazing ever put on the screen.)[/quote']

So true. The Tango from Addams Family Values is a piece of movie history. Raul Julia was a real loss.

I don't think there was ever a time that an Addams actually died' date=' although they did take horrific risks. How about, oh, say, 20 dice of Luck? :)[/quote']

To be fair, they weren't really evil either just different and possibly not understanding that the rest of humanity wasn't as durable as they seemed to be. I recall one episode where a James Dean style rebel ends up staying with the Addams' for awhile and actually ends up enjoying his time with them because they're not judgemental of him.

To be fair' date=' they weren't really evil either just different and possibly not understanding that the rest of humanity wasn't as durable as they seemed to be. I recall one episode where a James Dean style rebel ends up staying with the Addams' for awhile and actually ends up enjoying his time with them because they're not judgemental of him.[/quote']

Yeah, they weren't evil per se, but batshit crazy.

Oh yeah' date=' hospitable as all get out, and generous to a fault. Gomez would buy a supertanker for someone he liked, if they mentioned that they needed one. Although to a degree I guess that gets back to the crazy...[/quote']

Though it does make him the perfect sponsor for a superteam as he'd be perfectly willing to procure whatever the heroes asked for. Probably wouldn't even think twice about it.

Though it does make him the perfect sponsor for a superteam as he'd be perfectly willing to procure whatever the heroes asked for. Probably wouldn't even think twice about it.

"A base defense robot? Capital idea, old man! As a matter of fact, I'll have a whole army of them delivered by the end of the week. And some velociraptors, too...why not?"

"A base defense robot? Capital idea' date=' old man! As a matter of fact, I'll have a whole army of them delivered by the end of the week. And some velociraptors, too...why not?"[/quote']

And as a happy bonus Grandmama can tend to the base's magical defences and you get Uncle Fester as a demolitions expert to boot! Of course, Fester probably isn't as good at deactivating bombs as he is at activating them....

Saw an article once about how they were the most functional family on television. Mother and father were openly affectionate. The children had daily contact with not only their parents, but their uncle and grandmother as well. The entire family gathered together for meal times, and care was taken to include the children in the mealtime conversation. The parents were actively interested in the children's education, and supportive of their hobbies. Servants were treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy (no one ever neglected to thank Lurch or Thing). Members of the extended family were welcomed with genuine affection, and, if needed, sincere and generous offers of assistance.

(Munsters scored a distant second, losing big points by being so condescending to Marilyn, almost inevitably refered to as "poor unfortunate Marilyn.")

"A base defense robot? Capital idea' date=' old man! As a matter of fact, I'll have a whole army of them delivered by the end of the week. And some velociraptors, too...why not?"[/quote']

*Pulls noose*

"You rang?"

"Lurch old sport, I've just ordered a base defense robot for these fellows. Until it arrives, would you be so good as to keep an eye on their place for them?"

"Yes, Mister Addams."

"Thank you Lurch. Good man!"